MIB, or MISB?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ramrider, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I've got a bit of a quandary. I'm planning to put my BW Tigerhawk up on Ebay. It's in top nick, and it's never been out of the box. The tape's been cut, basically to check the contents, but the figure's still sealed to the inner packaging, instructions and stuff still stuck up in the little bag - everything's pretty well factory-fresh.

The box is clearly not sealed anymore, so it's not technically MISB, but in my experience MIB at least implies that the fig's been out of the box and replaced. Any suggestions how I should list it to sound its best?

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm afraid it would have to be listed as MIB if you feel the need to put either of them. You know we have a pretty anal fanbase about that stuff and broken tape has caused many a problems. Just make sure its nice and clear in the description that it's really never been played with.

IF you still would rather say MISB, again, just explain things clearly in the description and whoever buys it can't really say much against you, but I would find that slightly missleading by a seller.

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would list it as MIB since the tape is broken. However you will want somewhere promenate in the description (first line mabey) that the figure is still factory sealed to inner card, and perhaps take a photo of the toy that way for the auction.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks, guys.