miami heat wins nba finals '06

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KA, Jun 21, 2006.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    so...who's been following this.

i'm still trying to wrap my head around 'toine and jason williams = NBA champs

howabout that wade, eh? what a stud.

controversial game 5, but it was karmic comeuppance on mark cuban who's been lobbying on the officiating the past years. that appearance on letterman just clinched it.

sorry for the li'l general tho'. hes a great guy.

but anyways, woo! go wade!

2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Welcome to 10 years ago?

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    oh shit, '06, not '96.

a li'l help mods?

4. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

The playoffs were pretty cool to watch this year.
    Congrats to Wade, Shaq, Zo and the rest.

5. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Done.

6. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Yea, it's nice to know that the NBA wants another player that they can turn into a Jordan. More than just Game 5, Wade was getting the most outrageous calls that I have seen in the finals recently. Phantom defensive fouls against him just because he can't shoot the damn ball without falling down. He blatantly charged Dirk and Harris last night and both times a defensive foul was called.

Mavs destroyed their chances by not getting the ball to drop like they had been Playoffs before this series, and by refusing to drive to the hoop towards the end of some games, but the officiating was so damn wrong that it almost seemed like they were scared that they would get a charging call against them if they stepped into the paint.

I'm still proud of the Mavs though, they got farther than they were expected to get, and that's all one can ask. We'll be back next year, Dirk will have this years' playoff exp to help him out, and Cuban will continue to be the best owner in NBA history and continue to draw fines for calling foul and cheering for his team, and continue to make everyone else look like assholes by continuing matching his fines with equal donations to charity

7. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I wished the mavs won, but atleast the glove can now leave the NBA. I got sick of him team hoppnig his way to a title.

and I am glad for Zo, he is a good ambasador and someone I have always looked up to. Especially now that I have a similar disease as he does. Hope he bows out too. It would be a fitting end to his career.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yay, 1996 champs !1

*Goes to store to see if the Beast Wars are out yet*

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm glad the Heat won. Wade is a fun player to watch. He is "Flash" as that's the nickname Shaq gave him. I wonder how much his rookie card is worth now? I'm happy for Zo too. Been his fan since the Charlotte Hornet days. I feel bad for Dirk. He's awesome. Wish the Sixers drafted him.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i feel for you mavs fan. you'd be excuse for rooting for the team but it seems the opinion in regards to slanted officiating is widespread nationwide.

i have to confess tho. i'm a wade fan from his rookie PO run.

i'll leave it at that ;) 

p.s. thx FD.

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Grats to Riley, Zo, Walker, Glove, Wade, and Shaq for winning this thing. Zo is a great guy and I am glad he finally got a ring.

I am a Lakers fan but I still root for Shaq after he left LA and I hope Kobe can learn from Wade on how to be a better teammate.

As for Mavs they tried but gave up the lead far too easily. And Cuban has to stop going crazy and hogging the spotlight every time he thinks the refs screwed up. I don't see him complaining when the opposing team got shafted by them. Sheesh.

12. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Yea he's a badass player. It actually kind of makes me sick that Shaq gets billing of Mourning, cause Zo is definitly the better player, he contributed way more than Shaq did. Shaq's so big that his age has already caught up with him and he just keeps calling himself a super man to try and keep up appearances. How's that commercial go? Kryptonite's got nothing on me? Naw it might not, but running around for 10 minutes seems to have a worse effect on him than kryptonite does on Superman.

Zo had way more effective blocks and did a better job on the boards than Shaq.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    while i wont immediately concur with the zo > shaq sentiments...

...where the F was shaq this series?!!

14. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    For him to compete at that level at 36 is impressive enough. But for him to comeback after a kidney transplant gives me a lot of hope. I was a Heat fan when he first got traded from the Hornets. I was really happy that he came back to the Heat after his stints with the Nets and Raptors.

Shaq is an awesome player, no doubt, but it makes you wonder how dominant he would be with Zo's frame and condition. Mental toughness is the most rewarding thing in watching a player. and I would watch someone who succeeds through adversity, than someone who succeeds with brute force and power any day.

15. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

Ups: Mourning and Payton finally have Rings.
    Downs: Lost 5 grand on that game......

16. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Meh, I have no love for the Mavs, but absolutely loathe Shaq. I just wanted somebody to win it in 4 so I wouldn't have to stay late at work every other damn night. Best thing about all this is that we're that much closer to football season.