MIA Alternators . . .

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    In light of WhiteMocha's thread on Alternators vs. Classics as well as msyelf being a customs artist, I have a question for you guys:

"Considering all of the Alternators, Binal Techs, *'s, and Kiss Players, what characters from G1 (or any other line) would you have liked to seen a homage of? List your choices for characters you would like to see and why."

I'm very interested in your opinions and insight, so I'll refrain from including my own preferences other than to give a shameless plug for my customs work (i.e. if you'd like to see some of my answers to that question, click my sig!) :) 

Thanks in advance guys!

2. carnage717

carnage717 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Most of the ones I thought needed to be made I have already made myself. To be honest given the mold choices available there are several no brainers that could easily be made by Hasbro/Takara. The most notable are:

Trailbreaker (Alt Prime)
    Ultra Magnus (Alt Prime)
    Ironhide (Skids)
    Ratchet (Skids)

I still think Bumblebee and Cliffjumper need a Alternator made out of completely new mold using a compact car model.

---By the way Superquad Ive been meening to message you. I know you like that G.I. Joe Tiger Force Custom I made, you might want to check out the new one I just finished. I have my site attached to my sig so you can just click it to get there.

Brad

3. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i think Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Ironhide and Runamuck/Runabout are the obvious holes in the line, staying within the conceit of primarily consumer (i.e. not rescue) vehicles...

4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    an alt brawn from a landrover.

he was the second strongest autobot besides prime and one of the funniest autobots.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Characterwise, I would have really liked to have seen Ironhide and the rest of the Stunticons done. Kup as an SSR would have been awesome too.

6. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i forgot Brawn, he's really do an update, be it Alts or Classics, love the character, and his toy was kinda lame...

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

The Insecticons! Any and all! And a combiner, any kind, would have been the most badass thing ever built (all sweet customs aside)!

8. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I'm kinda satisfied with the amount of characters prodeuced in the alt line. I didn't like the fact that there are so many re-molds or re-paints, but purchasing real car models is expensive :p 

Now, I think it would've been cool to see an Alt Inferno, a Ratchet and Ironhide.

9. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

Absolutely second the call for an Alt Brawn (and they could easily redo him as Outback too, although the fact that he was Australian would probably have put me off buying him until the next Ashes series).

I'd have loved to have seen a new take on Inferno - not exactly sure what as, because he'd still have to be 1/24 scale, so a giant fire truck is rather out of the question. And a Ratbat, done like the new Ravage - and perhaps based on a DeLorean! - would have been superb. I love Ratbat, he's brill.

Hey, they might still bring the line back. I can hope.

10. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Defintiely, I would love to see the Ford GT mold re-painted into the classic light blue and orange colours... give it a new head mold and call it Blurr!

I'd also like to see Ironhide and Ratchet (possible repaints of Skids) and Hoist and Kup (possible repaints of nemesis prime); just to finish up most of the characters from G1.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Ironhide and Bumblebee are the two I most wanted, and I'm still confused as to why Hasbro didnt jump on them. For the most part, I dont care about completing the 84/85 roster, but I wouldnt turn down a Trailbreaker or a Downshift either.

Japan got Red Alert and Hot Rod but we didnt, and that kind of irked me because I would've liked to have had them but I cant afford the higher Japanese prices (and plus Red Alert's die cast would clash with my all plastic American set). In addition to Hot Rod, I would've liked to have seen other movie characters. Blurr especially, but also Springer and Magnus. Maybe even Wheelie. Not Arcee.

As for Decepticons, well, we're still expecting Rumble, so a Frenzy repaint would be a given. I also would've really liked to have seen Megatron and Soundwave at some point (and Hasbro claimed they WERE making a Cadillac Megs before the line got axed. I would've much preferred that to the Jaguar Ravage. Although a Hummer Megs would be even better. Soundwave can be anything, a Prowl repaint for all I care).

And then of course we have the incomplete Stunticons. As soon as we got Dead End, we expected to have the rest of them in no time. But instead, he was the ONLY one we got. Some people consider Decepticharge to be Drag Strip, but I dont like that angle. So, yeah, I'd like to have all of them, but I'd particularly like Motormaster. I was hoping we'd get him as a Prime repaint instead of Nemesis, but Hasbro let me down again (I still like Nemesis, but man I was hoping for more G1). And, last but not least, Runabout and Runamuck, of course.

But, it doesnt have to stop there. As far as I'm concerned, have vehicle will travel. They could make Roadbuster, Brawn, Grapple, Artfire, Slicer, I'd love them all. And I'm not against turning things that werent originally cars into Alternators. I love Grimlock and Shockwave, and I'd love Blitzwing and Bludgeon just as much. Phooey to all the people who say Alternators lacked variety, I'll take any character I can get, even if it is just a car.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow, you guys have some really great insight on our beloved line! Hehe, I think it's probably pretty clear that this thread stems from the fact that I've overloaded with finals right now (i.e. the question and its form, :lol  )! Things are winding down and I'm excited to make a "return" to the fandom (doens't sound like a big deal to most, but it's a big deal to me!).

I really love hearing all of this boards ideas on the conceptual level. This is aonther thing that really fuels my interest with TFs and, more particularly, my own customs work. I'm pretty excited about being able to be freed up a bit more here very soon to be able to interact more with a few threads (like this one) that really excite me.

With that being said, you guys please continue with your answers! This is really exciting! :thumb 

13. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Brawn, Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailbreaker, Cliffjumer & Bumblebee are absolutely essential imo, and I can't hope enough that Hasbro finally does them. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of redoing Gears & Huffer as well, simply so we can have ALL the core Season 1/2 car & truck Autobot characters to back-up our MP Prime.

Getting the Japanese Red Alert mold over here would be nice too. I guess Grapple, Hoist, Beachcomber & Inferno would be left up in the air, but if they didn't happen, I really wouldn't think twice about it. Then again, I suppose Hoist could just be a slightly tweaked repaint of Trailbreaker again.

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

even though it was pretty easy to make my own trailbreaker and hoist and a couple of the other guys I did customs of, I think the main ones that were missing were the main "deluxe" autobots from 84 and 85, especially ratchet/ironhide, grapple/inferno, and of course the aforementioned trailbreaker/hoist.

I can do without the minibots, since size just didn't really seem to make them work, but the decepticons...oh, those poor decepticons. I think the biggest travesty, regardless of the fact that they worked it out in the backstory, was that they were relegated to only being repaints, the two left to come out notwithstanding.

15. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

I really think the Prime mold makes a great Trailbreaker and or Hoist.
    I have plans to make Ironhide out of Skids. I think that mold works for him really well and Rachet of course although I don't care too much about him or Hoist.

The Stunticons seems like a pretty obvious choice for the Decepticons, being cars. Obviously if you could get the exotics (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porshe) that would be amazing. But I could see the Stunticons being new domestic molds like the new Challenger, Mustang Cobra, Vette. Especially since the Alternators Decepticons are pretty light numbers compared to the Autobots. We need more cool Decepticons like the new Ravage and Rumble.

Soundwave and Megatron are definitely missing, but I don't really like any of the current molds for them. The best idea I've seen was the Hummer Megatron, which was TFMaster's I think. Soundwave should be a suburban with 24" rims.

I think an aircraft Alternators line would be really cool and sell very well (maybe called something like Afterburners, very chessy I know). Make them much less complicated and smaller than MP-03. Then you could crank out all the early Decepticons and the Arielbots too from only a few molds.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I normally would think the same thing, but since they did such a cool remake of Windcharger, I instinctively wanted to see the other ('84) guys as well. I think a lot of it also has to do with the fact that I never really liked the idea of minibots anyway. They were still cars, trucks & utility vehicles, so I always thought they should be just as big as everyone else. Brawn being the second strongest but the size of Bumblebee never made sense, so seeing them upgrade someone like Windcharger to proper size made me desperately want to see what the other guys would look like too.

17. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    trailbreaker, truck.

ironhide, van.

oh, and sideswipe, lambo, cuz i love lambos.

18. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Soundwave and the insecticons could have used alternator modes.

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Brawn
    Arcee
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Kupp
    Runabout
    Runamuck
    more stunticons

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Any mentioned above would be welcome, but I so wanted a Volks Bumblebee. I'm so sorry Volkswagon said no.