MGS4 for 360?! UPDATE - False

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by geerave, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Skeptical as best.

3. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    better hope you get your money back for that cuz it's fake.

4. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

oh i would never get it. i worked at gamestop for five years and i know first hand that people will take pre-orders on rumors.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't care what Konami says, I promise you they have a team that is coding MGS4 for the 360.

I doubt it will be PS3 exclusive for more than 8 months.

6. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I hope your right!!!

7. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    i could see maybe the Substi----whatever version coming out for it later on.........

but even if they do port it over by then it will be a greatest hits for PS3. Hopefully still 20 bucks lol

8. optimuslives

optimuslives Banned

I'd say 8-14 months based on their previous history. Kojima wants it to remain a PS3 exclusive, but Konami is ultimately the one footing the bill, and they'd be stupid to NOT port it over and make oodles of cash on the 360 gamers.

9. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    When Kojima says it will happen, then I'll pay attention...

... hell, not like there hasn't been multi-platform MGS before...

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    MGS4 cannot be ported to the 360. As sony said, the licensing agreement calls for it to be an exclusive. it cannot legally be ported.

of course, without knowing the details of the agreement, it may not rule out a special version of the game that would see release later on. I'm betting it does, though.

11. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Konami seems to be spending a fortune on MGS4. Unless it gets a near 50% attach ratio on the PS3, I suspect that they will not be satisfied with their sales, and will end up porting it in some form over to the 360. However, their contract with Sony likely stipulates that the game is exclusive for a minimum time period (likely 6-12mos) and forbids them from announcing future ports within a certain window, so as not to hurt sales of the PS3 version.

12. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i wish it stays PS3 exclusive...but that's just me.

and if they do, i know what they'll call it....Metal Gear Solid 4: Substance.

13. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Why in the world would they ever agree to that?

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

For the same reason a buttload of companies have agreed to do the same for MS. Huge wads of cash. Sony is far from being the only one guilty of paying for exclusives. In fact MS tends to do this even more, especially during the original Xbox years. I was working for them when they bought Rare. Too bad Rare never really put out anything nearly as memorably as what they did for the N64 and SNES. At their meetings, they seriously thought this was going to be the purchase that was going to take them over the top and clobber Sony and Nintendo.

Edit: Conker on the Xbox was nice, but it was an updated port, not a new game.

15. OmegaScourge

the fact that MGS3 hasn't hit a MS system yet (its been out since 2004) and it seems like it wont...even though there were lots of rumors and lots of people that wanted it (mostly when Substance came out)...it didn't, it stayed a PS exclusive.

i see this as the same. MGS4 is said to be a PS exclusive, and it will be.

i know it sucks, but you win some, you lose some. the 360 can't have everything.

But if this was Capcom, then i'd be 100% confident that it would show up on another system...even before the game came out for the system that it was supposedly "exclusive" to.

and seeing that they lost a few exclusives (Devil May Cry and Assasin's Creed to name a few), i think they're dropping big money for this one.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  16. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i recall hearing that the game wouldn't fit on a dvd, so if it does it'll span multiple discs... been a while since that happened.

17. OmegaScourge

i dont think i've seen a game (PS2 or XBox) where it had more than 2 disc...

18. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

the copy of mgs 3 i have is on 3 discs. (ps2)

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Star Ocean on PS2 (RPG) took up two DVDs, and it was game content, not extras.

And you're right, 360 can't have everything, but in a way, I kinda understand why MS does it. Not to bash them, but last generation, and with the exception of Mass Effect (this generation), MS has had Halo, and truthfully nothing more (maybe Forza, if you're into that). The remaining first-party games are just clones of the former, with some other B-titles, Viva PiƱata, Kameo).

Sony, and Nintendo's first-party games spread into a huge range of genre's and interest and have a real following, despite it not being anywhere near as huge as Halo's (They add up though). So when the only game you can claim as truly your own has a HUGE following, but still is the only game that people know you for, then you need to reach out to those companies that encompas the remaining interest (Not everyone plays Halo).

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Last generation Konami ported MGS2 to the Xbox and it made almost nothing.
    I am certain this is because the game was old and I knew very few people who didn't have an Xbox that didn't also have a PS2 so most gamers already had it.

The PS2 was the #1 console by a wide margin, so when MGS3 rolled around there just wasn't a reason to justify bringing it to the Xbox. I am sure that a 100% success story of an Xbox port would just mean a little profit to Konami.

However, this time, the tale is different. While the 360 does not have the market crushing numbers that the PS2 had -it is the leader. I can not see Konami agreeing with the profit margin this game will generate if it stays as a PS3 exclusive. It looks like the equivalent of producing a huge blockubuster summer movie and then releasing it to only a few theaters.

Konami is being smart in their business dealings with Sony. They are doing what they have to do to maintain a good relationship with them. But I am certain they already have a team coding MGS4 for the 360. They can say it is exclusive and let the game be a PS3 system seller for a while. They know as soon as they announce it for the 360 the news will be on the cover of every magazine and on every website.

Its all just "feeling" on my part but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the screens\movies we have already seen are of the 360 version. It's kind of like Assasin's Creed where everyone just attached the game to the PS3, but until this year's E3, all footage of the game has been from the 360's build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.