MG Figure-Rise Kamen Rider kits

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ryanlb, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Didn't see a thread for this in here, please point me in the correct direction if I'm wrong.

I recently got around to watching Vangelus' V-Build videos, and his latest in that series is a Kamen Rider Skull kit build, and it was awesome. I totally want it now, and decided I'll have my wife get it for my birthday in October.

Then I decided that was too long to wait, and I happened to have $40-ish in Amazon money, so I decided to grab one of the other Kamen Rider W kits, and after much deliberation and debate, I decided to go with Accel, becaue he was the most expensive, and therefore the least likely for me to buy for full retail. With ~$40 off I even sprung for Next Day delivery (through Amazon Prime) so I could start working on it the next day.

It's now four days later and I've spent 4~6 hours on it, and i'm loving it. I'm so going to get the other four when funds allow.

It's comprised of 10 or 12 trees of parts, in a variety of colors, and even 3 or 4 different types of plastic. Lots and lots of different pieces, from very lart to teeny-tiny digits for his articulated fingres. It's all snap together, no glue requireds The parts fit together very nicely and snugly, and it's going to be a highly articulated 9" figure when it's done.

Enough talk, I've been posting a few quick and dirty pics on twitter as I've been building it. So far I have the head, upper torso, and arms done. I've built a leg, but didn't take pics yet, but that's on the todo list tonight.

Unfortunately, I assembled the torso before I thought to take pics of the individual pieces. I wonder if I can disassemble it...hmm...

Torso
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Head
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Right Arm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    you coulda just posted in the Rider Kick Thread

and welcome to the rabbit hole please enjoy youre stay

3. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Yes, it's a very cozy rabbit hole.

4. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

That thread is freaking huge!

5. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    like I said welcome to the Rabbit hole weve been there for awhile

but in all seriousness Kamen Rider is very popular around here

6. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Leg pieces!
    [​IMG]

Leg assembled!
    [​IMG]

7. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Crotch and belt pieces
    [​IMG]

Belt assembled
    [​IMG]

Figure ready for assembly
    [​IMG]

Accel
    [​IMG]

8. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome figures & kits. I have them all & I'm looking forward to getting more.

9. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Pics?

I just ordered the Luna Trigger set on Amazon, should get it Saturday.

10. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Doh, I've seen yours. After seeing Vangelus' video and thinking I wanted some I searched around and watch all your video reviews of them, to make sure I'd like Accel as my first one.

11. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks, glad you liked them.

Accel is by far my fav of the bunch so far. I'm really hoping for more OOO's combo's after Ichi-go is released. i really want more W form's too (Accel Trial, Accel Boost, W Extreme, Exteme Gold & Eternal)

12. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I'm in for anything from Double, and I'm sure once I see the other shows I'll want those more too.

13. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Because I'm lazy I haven't kept up this post, but I finished Accel as far as I plan to.

These bits make up the beetle form of his beetle phone, and the Engine Blade.
    [​IMG]

And here they are completed and stickered.
    [​IMG]

The main reason I've been too busy to keep up on this post, is I got a second kit: Luna Trigger form, which is my second favorite of his forms. Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trigger Magnum, Batshot, Spidershock
    [​IMG]

And for whatever reason, I neglected to put the Spidershock in the picture, but it's in a later one.
    [​IMG]

Trigger side of the figure, well, the arms and legs. Excepting the lighter blue pieces.
    [​IMG]

The assembled Luna side arm, with the detail pieces.
    [​IMG]

And here are the assembled arms and legs, along with the detail pieces, so you can see some of the painting I've done to them. It comes with stickers to give the black detail, but they're very thin stickers, and they don't necessarily cover all the parts I think they need to, so I'm painting them on.
    [​IMG]

Finally, here are all the accessories for both figures, except for the Double Driver belt, which I haven't assembled yet. I think it's awesome that all the little GaiaMemories are included, that they're molded in the proper colors, and fit into the appropriate locations. And the Engineblade and Trigger Magnum open/fold up the way they're supposed to, the Batshot comes in both camera and bat mode, the Spidershock can turn into watch mode (though the watch mode doesn't fit on the figure) and spider mode, and both the Spidershock and Batshot can attach to the back of the Trigger Magnum as they're supposed to.
    [​IMG]

Double Driver and it's rad. The GaiaMemories are removable (actually, they don't fit in as snugly as I would like, but it's cool they can be swapped out, the driver is functional, in that the arms swing up and down like they're supposed to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the belt came the most complicated part, the torso, what with all the different joints and such it has. These really are quite poseable figures, it's pretty amazing actually.
    [​IMG]

If you look close, I put some black lines on the figure, but rather than using the tiny pinstripe stickers it comes with, since there are sculpted lines to follow, I used a fine sharpie, and I think it turned out quite nicely.
    [​IMG]

And finally, the head. The important bit here is, the eyes. The clear red part goes over a gray part, but before that you put chrome stickers on the gray piece, then you get beautiful reflective surface behind the compound eyes.
    [​IMG]

It's SO gorgeous, it doesn't really turn up quite right in the picture, but it's brilliant in person.
    [​IMG]

Just have some finishing touches to do on the wrist and ankle cuffs, and then this guy is complete. I'm really feeling the need to buy another one, I just love these model, and there's four more for me to get (in the W series): Cyclone Joker, Heat Metal, Fang Joker, and Skull. My wife is buying Skull for my birthday, I'm planning on getting Heat Metal next, once funds allow. Except I'm also considering buying the SIC Cyclone Joker, since I already ordered the Heat Metal/Luna Trigger set.

14. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I finished building Luna Trigger, what, a week ago?
    Finally, pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In summary, it's gorgeous, and I can't wait until I can afford to pick up the Heat Metal kit. And hopefully Skull for my birthday. And Fang Joker after that.

15. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

well done, I cant wait for my Ta To Ba Kit to get here so I can start building.

16. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Been working on the Heat Metal kit the last week or two, no real in-progress pics have been taken.
    But since I'm totally in love with the memories, I wanted to spruce them up a little bit, so I painted the tips, and I think it looks fantastic. The gold I got isn't as bright as I'd like, but it'll do for now.

[​IMG]

17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    How durable are these? Are they like completed action figures once done?

18. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Despite the fact that their model kits, they're actually quite solid once you put them together, the only problem I've had were that the feet had a tendency to come out if I tried to do anything with them. Not sure about Goku and that one Piece guy.

Also, I'm hoping we get a Fourze out of these.

19. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can anyone recommend a certain paint to use for Skull's wrist/ankle bands? I used a sharpie but whenever I touch those areas it just wears off. Some type of sealer for the sharpie would work also, I just don't want to use those stupid stickers.

20. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I used Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black on Luna-Trigger, and it seems to be holding up.

As for feet coming off, they don't on mine, but the hands will work themselves free while I'm posing them, but I'm probably pulling on them slightly while I adjust them.

I painted the Double Driver! I thought I had a good 'before' pic of the driver, but it reflected the flash too much (and the red looks WAY light in the pics), but it looks worlds better in person. I guess if you compare the bottom silver section to the silver middle strip of W you can see a difference. Anyway, it looks cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]