Mezco One:12 Collective

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by openchallenge, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I was thinking the same.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

So Green Arrow is sick, probably my favorite One:12 so far. But is anyone else concerned about the pleather material they use? I feel like it will deteriorate rather quickly. And does anyone have any tips for treating it so it won't?

[​IMG]

3. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Negative rant:

Kind of not feeling Flash. I don't completely know why but it makes me feel like "what am I paying this much for" more than any others.

Green Arrow, who is arguably not as cool of a character, blows this one away imo.

Lightning effects are cool though.

I don't know, maybe I'm just not as big of a Flash fan as I thought.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  4. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

I think it's the classic comic head sculpt mixed with the movie clothing and iconography. That head looks more like the over the head rubber mask that the Skull originally wore in the comics, with the broad mouth and jaw. It seems weird seeing that head with Hydra logos. (In the comics the Red Skull traditionally hated Hydra. It was created by his rival Baron von Strucker and had sold out to the Soviets after the war.)

5. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I'll probably be opening my Zoom and Flash tomorrow - will chime in then. I get what you're saying, but other than more portraits, I'm not really sure what accessories they could add - maybe a second tornado effect or a blurred face effect. In zoom's case, I definitely feel shorted by the higher cost and one less head.

• Like Like x 1
  6. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

I'm actually eyeing the Green Arrow too because I think he is one of the few figures that really works with the clothe clothing. Not a huge fan of how bulky some of them like the Flash or BvS Superman look underneath their suits. Though the fact that there is a concern for the material degrading overtime makes it a more difficult choice to make. Haha.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Slave IV

I was thinking about Darkseid and Logan but you guys are starting to talk me out of it, lol.

8. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I'm gonna leave these all alone. They just seem like half sized barbies with well painted heads to me.

9. supervir2

News Credits:
    Both of those look great (though I'll pass on Logan) - why the doubt?

The ones I own are all great, though I understand durability is an unknown at this point.

Also, on the cost/value issue - I saw an interview where Pierre (?) said that some figures cost more than others (noting the GB's as more costly) but they don't vary the price to make retail easier/consistent, so some are a better deals than others to an extent. I imagine things like Darkseid or an eventual Hulk would be a different pricepoint though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Right there with you on that.

11. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

When they're good they're really good. I understand why many can't get into them though. Initially I wasn't into this line either but after Batman they really grew on me.

Dr Strange, Red Skull, Black Adam, Iron Man, Spiderman and even the much derided Wolverine are all possible gets for me. The price has turned me off quite a bit though so I may limit that list. Also Flash really disappointed me so I'm a little sour right now.

I still think Figma and Bandai make better figures that cost less. A shame we still can't get an American company to compete with the imports. I think if Mezco would lose the fabric gimmick and bring down the price these figures could.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  12. Slave IV

The doubt is I don't want to pay around $100 for a figure if the outfit is going to disintegrate.

I agree the price they ask for these is overboard but when they produce a figure as good as TDKR Batman, it's worth it. I think using fabric is what makes their figures so desirable. They are tapping that Mego nostalgia and also going for the Hot Toys style high end look for the 1/12 market. I also suspect many of their joints would look hideous if not covered with cloth. While they have many points of articulation and range of motion, you can see beneath the cloth that the shape of the joints is very odd.

So basically I agree that their figures aren't as good as Japanese figures and they are charging around double the price so that is why there is always some seemingly "negative" talk in here but we are all here talking because they obviously get something right.

• Like Like x 1
  13. supervir2

News Credits:
    Opened Zoom and Flash and have had a few minutes to fiddle. I opened Flash first and and he is ok. The figure itself is fine, but neither the Wally (which I like better) or Barry heads really grab me and I'm huge on headsculpts. I knew this going in, but hoped the "in hand" experience would be better enough to win me over, but it didn't quite get there. Zoom, on the other hand, is badass. Even though I wish he had another head, I really like the one he came with and he looks terrifically menacing. Reinforces, for me at least, how important the headsculpt is because that is the only meaningful difference between these. I think I'll keep Flash to eternally be chasing Zoom down, but I'm going to secretly hope we see another version down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Maybe I should have grabbed Zoom instead.

Here's hoping the next releases turn out better. I think I'm going to wait on reviews first and not fall into the "got to get it before I can't" mentality.

I think the next 2 up are Superman and Captain Marvel. Tempted by both but need to weigh them out first.

Really feel like I need that Superman though.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  15. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I like it. The only thing that's ever been off putting about it (and still is for me) is the hot pants look. Otherwise it's not a bad looking rendition of this version of Wolverine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. supervir2

News Credits:
    I like it as well, but don't really need multiple wolverines, so am trying to hold out for a tiger stripe version (my preferred look). I really like the angry headsculpt.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Slave IV

• Like Like x 1
  19. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Got Daredevil today (paid $65 for him with an eBay coupon) and I think he might be my fave of their figures to date. Super fun to pose, and nothing hinders him at all. Honestly feels like $65 is the perfect price for these guys.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1