Metroplex VS Fort Max

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by autobotx25, Jun 5, 2006.

1. autobotx25

autobotx25 Well-Known Member

Who do you think would win in a fight of these titans? personally i think Metroplex could take him due to his strength in general.:cool: 

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you watch the Japanese Headmasters, Metroplex is about 1/3 of the size of Fortress Maximus. Fort actually had to go sub-orbital to get the room to transform.

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Well besides Metroplex being smaller he was kind of stupid too. He talked like one of the Dinobots. Him and Trypyticon were like two retards wrestling :p 

4. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    show me a clip anyone i wanna see metroplex being stupid

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    No contest. Fort Max is signficantly larger and more heavily armed than Metroplex. 'Plexxy would get his ass slaughtered.

6. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Phil Ken Sebbin: HA HAAAAAA, Continuity on dowells

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

depends on wich continuity metroplex. In some continuities, metroplex IS the size of an entire city, where, fortmax is tiny in comaparison, then we have some with the other way around.

i remember this debate from years ago. oi.

8. primusmajor

primusmajor Active Member

just because they potrayed him as an idot doesn't mean anything. in the comics he was clever but moved slow, i think plex looked way better then max did.

"Vigilance is the foundation on which victories are built" -Metroplex

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    wheelie would whip both their asses.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I always liked the way Fort Max was portrayed in the Marvel Comics...he was big, but not ridiculously huge...actually from what I remember he was only a little bigger than Powermaster Op in robot mode. It made the character much more accessable than just being like the Power Rangers Zords..'OMG, who knew the monster was going to grow? We need our big robot thingies!'

11. autobotx25

well if that is the case metroplex would have the speed advantage and blow away fort max's legs. But so often do people forget that if you take out Max's headmaster component thats the end of that fight. Plus Metroplex it armed to teeth with weapons, about 10 or more while Fort max only has about 8 main weapons(roughly guessing).

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    yeah but his fewer weapons are grossly outta proportion to metro's. hell, his belly cannons, each singly, are the size of metro's FACE.

13. Darth Fitch

Darth Fitch Herald of Golobulus

Depends on whether Metroplex has his eyes or not. I liked Fort Max in the Japanese Headmasters. Something that big shouldn't be sentient, but a tool. Personally, Metroplex is a favorite, but in battle vs Fort Max he's outclassed by weapons and size. Toy... cartoon... heck... he wasn't even in the comic was he?

14. autobotx25

He was a major character of the UK comic.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Not to mention the 4 issue Headmasters limited series, and the later issues of the US one.

16. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Marvel G1: Metroplex, Fort was a tiny Ultra Magnus wanna be.
    G1 Cartoon US: We never saw them together but Max had way more weapons and could fly so I think that would give him the edge.
    G1 cartoon Japan: Fort, its not even a quest, Metroplex is smaller, less well armed and didn’t have any thing near as good as the power sword.
    Toys: Again Max, bigger more gun and better tech specs if I remember right.
    G1 DW: we can only go on what Don said but he was going to draw Max far larger than Metroplex and that again with the more guns thing makes me think Max would have it again.

Also some one mentioned speed, in all the tech specs it say metro is slow and has to move carefully while Max has often said to be fast and “moves with well oiled easy” so over all Max is bigger, faster, better armed, and smarter, now metroplex is one hell of a tough bot but he isn’t even in Max’s league.

17. Smokescreen1980

Smokescreen1980 Well-Known Member

I know they were never together in the G1 US cartoon, but in the opening credits Metroplex was absolutely, phenomenally, breathtakingly HUGE. If you watch closely, you see Bruticus flying up and disappearing as a tiny speck somewhere around his groin. Whereas Fort Max was the same size as Scorponok, and neither were really THAT big.

For me, Metroplex is a transforming city - that back tower like a skyscraper - whereas Fortress Maximus is exactly that, just a fortress.

18. Spearhead

Spearhead NEVER!

@Smokescreen1980: yeah and if you watch the episode you simply realize the size in the opening credits is nowhere close to the real size ;) 

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'd like think metroplex is a city, fort max, a building.

20. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Logically, since Metroplex is a CITY, and Fortress Maximus is only a fortress/spaceship, Metroplex should be the larger character - especially since a Transformer forms Max's head, while lots of Transformers could run around INSIDE Metroplex's head. The Marvel comic got this. The toy scale is hardly representative - it's not as if Ultra Magnus was the same height as Metroplex in any fiction.

But then, the Japanese Headmasters series did seem to feature mass shifting, as it did portray Maximus as larger, able to convey Transformer-sized passengers, plus Fortress shouted "Big Mode" as he transformed to head mode, implying a bit of that.