Metroplex Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Blitzkrieg, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Supreme Leader

I had a question about Metroplex, what's a good price for a loose Metroplex?. I seen a loose Metroplex on a website for $33.00 with a lot of accessories. He wasn't complete, but it looks like a good deal. Comments?, or Opinions?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. shmax

shmax Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Assuming you're talking about North American G1 Metroplex, according to this data (sorry about the big gap in the middle), his average "loose" rate over the last 6 months has been about $63. So sure, $30 is probably pretty decent.

3. the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Active Member

A complete Metroplex is probably at the $70-$80 range. I think that is a good and reasonable starting point.

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I got a 90% complete Metroplex back in 2008 for $35 shipped, so yea, if yo can get him for $33 then you need to jump all over it, cause that's a good deal.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    And to think I got the re-issue for $15 when HLJ had a clearance sale a few years back.

6. Blitzkrieg

Ya, that's what I thought. He also has the rubber wheels so it's the earlier version. :D 

7. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    You need to jump on it man, he's great to display with Legends and WST figures.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sold my mib on to a friend about three months ago for 50, but that was a deal for him lol

9. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    About 2 years ago, I bought a 100% complete Metroplex for $36 shipped on eBay. It was the plastic tires version, but I was able to pick up a rubber tire body for $20 after that. I considered myself very lucky then, so....do the math ;) 

10. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I paid 400 on an auction back in 02" and then a yr later got another 1 for 50 that had tighter joints which thats the 1 I use not the 400$ 1 have that is now just laying around with loose joints.

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's harsh man. Idc what figure it is, outside of Fort max, no figure is worth $400 to me if it's a stock figure.

12. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Well that G1 Metroplex WAS 100% complete with instructions etc but without a box and it was a bid war that some idiot though would be funny to drive up the cost but at the time which I think it was the seller anyway so thats why I don't do evil bay cause of scalpers. That was the only Metroplex left on the bidding block back then. So I bid till I couldn't bid any longer and I was hungry for the figure anyway.

13. Blitzkrieg

Thanks for the input guys, I bit the bullet and bought the Metroplex in question. There are a lot of accessories and the figure is yellowed a bit but nothing major. I will have pics added to my collection when I get him. :D 

14. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

I'm suprised you didn't just get the re-issue since the reissue is quite affordable.

15. Blitzkrieg

Mmmmmmmmm yeah I thought about that, but there are so many KO's out there I don't want to get ripped off. If this one is a KO at least i'm only out 40 bucks as opposed to 100.

16. Blitzkrieg

Anybody know why Metroplex has three Missiles?. I know two are for the Anti-Matter Projectors, but what is the third one for?

17. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Should you lose one of the first two.

~Z

18. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, thing is that Metroplex had not only reissues, but knockoffs aswell. If you're paying that for a KO, then yeah, expect it to snap off where the torso meets the crotch in a matter of weeks, and you having wasted your money.

If its a Hasbro or Takara release then jump on it, it's an awesome find for that price

19. Blitzkrieg

I already received it in the mail last week. It's in awesome condition, it's the earlier version with the rubber wheels and the chrome legs. And if I only decide to get two missiles, will it be 100% complete?, or do I have to get the third?

20. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Just go with the Encore Metroplex. Pretty cheap, 100% complete, rubber tires, perfection!