Metroplex and his... bits?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metroperplexed, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Metroperplexed

Metroperplexed Active Member

Hey all!

I just posted elsewhere about the Reprolables Upgrade set I've spent the last couple days applying to my Metroplex figure and went on at length about how very cool it makes him look. Anyway, I appreciate thats not for this particular board but wanted to give up some background - onwards!

OK, I have Metro (looking freaking awesome) displaying in City Mode. I've got all these loose bits hanging about and thinking 'where on earth are these going to go...?' Previously I've just stuck them out the way but because he truely does look sooooo coooool right now I thought 'NO, he deserves better'! So I started looking around for places to poke all his extra weaponry/fists/aerial.

What I've come up with looks good, with some of it hidden in his removeable tower block, and one of his fists holding the top of Slammer as another antenna type thing (don't have Encore so he doesn't have the pegged turret) and have one big red gun poking straight up from his crotch, reaching for the sky... sounds dubious, I know but really don't like having his guns look Gun Like in city mode - those are for LOCKDOWN! YEAAAH! *cough*

So anyway, just thought I'd mention that and see if anything came back. Be great to hear from anyone, and might even try and post a pic of my set up if I can work out how.

Thanks for reading, if you did indeed read!

2. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Well, Scamper nominally doesn't really have a place in city mode apart from chilling in the display on the ramp. Slammer gets plugged into the wrist socket of the tower that used to be the left arm of Metroplex. The "Shoulder antenna" that gets plugged into the Left shoulder of metroplex in robot mode can be plugged into the wrist socket of the tower that used to be the right arm of metroplex. Sixgun's torso becomes an air traffic control tower for City-mode Metroplex on his folded-out torso in between the buildings. Sixgun's Legs are generally mounted on the flight deck of "Vehicle-Mode" metroplex.
    Parts that don't have a specific place in non-robot mode: Sixgun's Arms, Sixgun's Pistol, Scamper's Pistol (unless Scamper is in robot mode, it doesn't have a use), Fists of Metroplex, Missiles, Slammer's Turret, Sixgun's Double-barrel backpiece, Loose tower.

3. Metroperplexed

Thanks for the reply Strangeguy!

As far as I'm concerned I have bits in the right place if there is a right place for them, such as the control tower, was just interested to see if anyone put things in random places just to have all the stuff together.

I tried uploading my pics but they're too big and I'm not sure how to go about making them smaller - I'm no pro!

4. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Upload to tinypic or imageshack, then Copy and Paste the provided "Forum Code" into your post.

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    [​IMG]
    My usual set up... uses most of the bits and the fists hid in the "kneecaps".

6. Metroperplexed

Ooh, fists in kneecaps is a good one! I use one of mine to hold the turret of Slammer, even though it sticks out a bit strangely. The other fist I stick in the back, attached to the double-gun, which hides inside the tower.

Would like and Encore version of the Slammer turret so I didn't have to use the fist but really, it gets another item out the way. Going to check out that kneecaps idea though...

7. Metroperplexed

Thank you for the Tinypic/Imageshack tips Strange - I take it 'Board size' would be the one to go with? I'll be able to set my camera to the 640x480 now, and go direct in future.

8. Metroperplexed

right, will try this from ImageShack, if that fails I'll re-take some pics!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

It looks very cool. Where did you get the sticker set? Reprolabel?

10. Metroperplexed

Yeah, took me a few months to pay out for them but well worth it, they've definitely refreshed my love for Metro here!

Looking at the pics again though I'm not sure I took them at great angles, ha, just wanted to try and capture the loose stuff in different places. That big red gun up the front is disturbing.