Metroid: Other M

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Surge, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Who else is looking forward to this game? I've been a Metroid fan since I first played the original Super Smash Bros. and was introduced to Samus. It's supposed to take place between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion. It looks pretty damn epic if you ask me and there's even 3rd person gameplay this time. Another fun-looking aspect of it is how you can pull off awesome ninja-style moves. Finally, Samus gets to do something else besides PEW PEW! :D 

Cutscenes look great as well; I hope Kraid is in it! Here's the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't wait for this game! The trailer looks fantastic, and now we'll hopefully get to see exactly what happened to Adam.

I only have two gripes with it (which are pretty superfluous and will in no way affect my enjoyment of the game):

1. I really wish Nintendo will stop with all of the 'prequels' and just make a sequel to Metroid Fusion already. I wanna know what happens next!:D 

2. Ridley. Sure he's cool, but for god's sake, he comes back to life more than Optimus.

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First, I'm definitely looking forward to it- love the Metroid series in general. The only two things are 1, I could do without super anime girl cinemas (I personally feel Samus should be a bit more mysterious), and 2, I would really like to have something LATER then Fusion, since that's been chronologically the latest Metroid for a long time now. I will still be getting it first day.

EDIT: Ahh, SAF7, you just beat me with the sequel to Fusion comment. Yeah, they need to make one after that. It's like they made fusion, but put themselves in a hole with her situation and couldn't think of a way to reset her powers properly with the fusion suit like they do with all the beginnings of the games.

4. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    1. Yeah, I agree on the sequel part. Pretty much the whole Prime trilogy were all prequels; great games, yeah, but I want a sequel as well. If Kraid isn't in Other M, then I hope they make a sequel and explain what happened to him. Although, he was originally gonna be in the first Prime but was replaced by the stupid Omega Pirate.

2. Haha, you got that right! He's the Kenny of Metroid. :lol 

She always has been mysterious though; only being revealed in sexy clothing after beating a game in a certain time limit. Although, in Metroid Zero Mission you have no choice but to play as her without her Power Suit. I'm actually anticipating the story side of Other M; I've always wanted to know about my favorite video game heroine's past. Only thing I really know is that Ridley killed her parents and everyone else living in the colony she was born.

5. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    Do we know when this game takes place in the timeline? I got the feeling from the trailer that it wasn't Samus in the suit.

EDIT;
    After looking up a few articles and watching the trailer again, I retract my previous statement.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  6. UltimaNuva

UltimaNuva Well-Known Member

Remembuh me?

7. Forum Shark

Forum Shark Well-Known Member

That game looks really cool! And the animation is fantastic!

8. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sometime between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion. As for the other question, what do you mean? If you're referring to the first woman, I'm pretty sure it is, as a man that I'm assuming is Adam Malcovich asks her "Any questions, lady?", which we know from Fusion is how Adam ended briefing Samus. If you mean the Power suit, I can't think of anyone else who would have a Chozo Power Suit. I do have to admit, the woman at the ice base does have me curious.

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    WTF, is it a fighting game or something? Is this the next "real" Metroid game or some strange hybrid side project?

I don't like the look of it at all.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  10. Majestic Fish

Majestic Fish Autobot deserter

I could orchestrate a page-long rant on why I think this whole project is terrible, but I'm pretty sure I can sum it up in one sentence;

The game would have been better off being named "Ninja Gaiden: Sexy Space Suit Female Edition".

11. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its made by Team Ninja. So the difficulty level is going to be insane, oh well.

12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this doesn't look like something that should be called "Metroid".

13. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Actually so far I think the screen shots and the video make it look terrible. I think they really weren't ready to show it, but did anyways for E3's sake. So do I think it looks bad at this point? Yes. Do I think it will be bad? No. I don't think Nintendo is going to let any company wreck Metroid like that. Team Ninja has a talented staff, they can make a good metroid. And as far as I've read, the game is supposed to be very old school Metroid, with 2D sidescrolling with a lot of 3D elements incorporated.

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I think it looks absolutely great, and it was the only thing at E3 that I actually cared about.

there's nothing to worry about with the quality of the game. Team Ninja may be making it, but it's being directed by Yoshio Sakamoto. you know. the guy in charge of everything but Metroid II? the man has a flawless track record. the game will be great.

15. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Yeah pretty much that. This game is the single best thing Nintendo is doing right now.

What people said about a first person Metroid game made by an American company?

16. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Looks awesome, I'll be getting it.

17. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

i just hope they're respectful to samus. she isnt like the other female VG characters. Metroid doesnt needs sex appeal.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    While I think most would agree, that was blown out the window long, long ago.

19. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I agree that I don't think it needs the kinda sex appeal Team Ninja likes to bring to the table, but I will say that even the first game showed you in her bathing suit as a reward. Games there after basically had you trying to do better to see her with less clothing on.

20. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]