Metal Shifters (aka Iron Invader) - Anyone seen it?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by uruseiranma, Feb 17, 2012.

1. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was browsing through my local Best Buy tonight, when I came across a DVD/Blu-Ray release of a film titled: Metal Shifters (talk about scraping the bottom of the name-barrel).

The plot is as follows:

A small town Idaho contractor teams up with his ex-girlfriend to destroy an alien bacterium with the power to turn steel against humans. From the deepest corners of space comes a powerful microorganism with the power to destroy humanity. It can instantly transform steel objects into unstoppable machines of death and destruction - and it's just landed in a metal scrap yard. Now, as the steel destroyer begins rampaging through the tiny town of Redeemer, Idaho, the only people capable of conquering it are a local contractor (Kavan Smith) and his embittered ex-girlfriend (Nicole de Boer). Putting aside their differences won't be easy, but with the fate of their small town hanging in the balance it's the only choice they've got.

Supposedly, this was a SyFy production shot in Canada, and originally titled Iron Invader. Though it sounds a bit like part of the film Virus mixed in, as well as another lame town-name, and a couple in emotional turmoil.

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    It's actually pretty decent, certainly not the worst SyFy original movie, though not the best either.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was entertaining enough. The 'robot' effects weren't even that bad either.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The words "best" and "SyFy original movie" really don't belong anywhere even remotely close to the same sentence.