Metal Gear : Survive [PS4/XB1/PC]

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by hellrasinbrasin, Aug 17, 2016.

1. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    A Kojima-less Metal Gear game?

Go F yourselves, Konami. For real.

3. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So it's a multiplayer Metal gear horror survival game, with a crafting system? And we know it has a crafting system, because they focus on the selfmade spear.

Incredibly stupid.

4. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

The hell is this thing? I'm not the biggest Metal Gear fan out there and never played the games, but last time I checked it was about soldiers battling walking tanks that shoots nukes.

When did they involve Umbrella into the story?

5. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Metal Gear Federation Force anyone?

6. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I wonder what the Kojima loyalists are saying... They're always a hoot! :lol 

Smells like MH here. I hope I'm right. I would rather fight solo rather than spam whatever it is that's growling at the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pleas don't have long texts. It's a pain to spam the A button like that. :lol  screw the story this time around.

7. seali_me

Whoa!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Concept wise it's Kojima-ish weirdness, Mercenaries are sucked into an alternate dimension where you have to fight waves of crystal zombies and techno-organic Metal Gears, but the trailer played it too straight.

It's a blatant cash grab by using the brand name.

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

In all fairness, this is still not the weirdest thing to happen in a Metal Gear game, and I don't think the problem is that Kojima isn't involved (Rising Revengeance might have had a weak story, but it was a pretty good spin-off game that Kojima didn't direct). The problem is that this is a total name slap that is going to take advantage of the Metal Gear fans. Metal Gear is not a multiplayer game about survival, it's a series where the singleplayer campaign is the reason people love it (from the great stealth system to the weird and interesting story).

#fuckkonami

10. seali_me

Will you play it hate riot?

Looks very much like a cash grab with MH flavour in it.

If I recall correctly, you were the man to point out what I missed in Peace Walker. :) 

11. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it uses the MGSV mechanics and they are not asking over $30 for it I may give it a romp.

However I can't help but be reminded of Capcom's Umbrella Corps.

12. seali_me

I predict bargain bin with all this Konami hate.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They try to cash in on blind franchise love, even after they lose the people that made the games great to begin with.

If someone loves the painting, the Mona Lisa, it's because they are a fan of Leonardo da Vinci the artist, not because Mona Lisa on her own is so dang interesting. Who even knows anything about Mona Lisa? They're not even 100% sure of the model's actual identity. It's all da Vinci. Nobody wants to see the continuing adventures in painting form of Mona Lisa by other artists.

I loved Silent Hill. LOVED it. But as soon as the original creators decided they were done, so was I. I don't have to ride the Hindenburg into the ground. None of those later games mean anything, because nobody making them really has any idea what the original creators were actually thinking. It's just hack work by jobbers.

And Metal Gear is the same thing. If I want to play a stealth game, I can find something out there to play. I don't need to have the "Metal Gear" name slapped on it because I'm some mindless consumer with no powers of discrimination. If Leonardo da Vinci isn't involved, it's not the Mona Lisa. That simple. I can go look at something else. Maybe something else da Vinci painted, if that's what I'm in the mood for.

Games like this aren't Madden 2k16 or whatever, where the people working on them are completely interchangeable.

14. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

A Gameplay DEMO at GDC might be nice to let everyone get an idea of the gameplay mechanics. As the trailer isn't bringing anyone to the table for the moment.

15. Kataquan

Kataquan Transform and Rise Up!

I've never been so upset at gameplay trailer

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I think it is an expansion to V and not a stand alone game.

The way I'm treating it is like the Red Dead zombie expansion. A crazy story that isn't canon.

I'm actually interested in this. If it is cheaper that $30 I'll get it.

17. ByteBack

ByteBack Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    It might turn out to be a very good game. Just not something that the typical MGS audience is wanting to play.

Dammit, Konami; we're all screaming for a MGS 1 remake that's NOT Twin Snakes!

18. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Fuck Konami!!!

19. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

what is wrong with Twin Snakes?

20. seali_me

I would normally agree that cashgrab games are mostly utter garbage but some still find some success. If the game itself is deemed fun by enough people.

Although, I hate Hyrule Warriors, there's already an immediate fanbase to receive the game with a fair amount of success. Two combined franchises in fact.

Also unlike classic art these characters we've come to love are there. Does the original developer need to be there to succeed? Nope. There are some successful franchises out there without their original designers. Street Fighter. I'm sure there's more.

The problem is that Kojima has been given God status by fanboys. Remember that this isn't classic art but more an industry. Too bad, all this Konami hate ensures the game's demise.

Nothing. It's was an awesome remake at the time. Probably some, back then, complained that it was on a "kiddie" console.

A good game with good gameplay will stand out no matter what the fanboys are saying or who wrote the story. Story, although important, comes secondary. The latter just adds more flavour to the former. There are more games with lame stories but have good gameplay than lame gameplay with a good story.

People can't stand lame gameplay to even find out what the story is. People will scroll through annoying texts just to play the game more.

A video game that can stand the test of time, can also have a lame story or worse no story at all. I'm sure retro gamers can chime in easily on this. There also extremely good game franchises with little to no graphic enhancements. The game just doesn't age. The other way around need crutches, back surgery, hearing aids ... I mean remakes. :D 

Kojima loyalists aka Konami haters are the blind ones.