Minor/Repaint: MERRY CHRISTMAS RADY'S!! New repaint for ya guys!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Dec 24, 2008.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootaaaayy, firstly MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLLIDAYS!!! HOLLY CRAP, ITS A WHITE ONE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE LAST 3 OR 4 YEARS!!! Now, onto the topic. So got my hands on Uni. Cyclonus. Such a great figure, damn near perfect representation of the character.. out side of the paint... lol, incase you guys havent knoticed this about me, im a paint nut, I likey the painting. Anyway, I didnt like how the light gray plastic contrasted on the chest and the shoulders. so first I started out by painting his face with Game workshop's gunmetal. made a big difference, then I figured, hmmmmm, gunmetal on those outta place light grey chest pieces.. Looked a lot better, but..... still wasnt right in my mind... took the arms off, and out of the shoulders, and stripped 'em back to their light grey. Started mixin up some paint and WHALLA! Almost perfest Cyclonus purple with just 2 colors! Im happy now. Then I start to look at the rest of the light grey plastic on his arms... and his wings... then his legs....Then his ears... They didnt look bad, just not.... shiney.. I like shiney things, im simple minded like that though. So I broke out Model Masters custom laqure Chrome Silver, thinned it out and sprayed all those parts, re-painted the for amrs where they should be purpley. NOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW IM HAPPY!!! here some pics.
    Im very proud of him, he still need just a FFFEWW very minor touch ups, that Im not sure you can even see in the pictures, but they are there and tehy will bug me when I look at him. But, hes done for now, thanks for looking!!

Attached Files:

2. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

ecellent job, i cant wait to see this guy on the shelves.

Happy Holidays man

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thank thyvipera, appreciate the comment already, and happy hollidays to you too! EH.. guess thats the politically correct term now huh? better change that in my first post.

4. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    The chrome silver you used, it looks REALLY Really very nice. Very rich. And amazing job keeping the paints aps so clean!

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks sabs, I liked you battle roller you repainted for your movie prime, I didnt mention it before, but I cant beleive you used a MP-04 trailer for him!!! thats such and expensive figure to repaint like that, I hope you got it at a good price..

6. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Much better :thumb 

7. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Lookin good! Glad you painted those chest pieces, that bugs me about Universe Cyclonus.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys. Keep em comin I like good things coming from everyone, keeps me wanting to paint more and more. I have Hound, and Im wanting to repaint him, but Im thnking thats going to take a lot of diassembling johny-5.. i have no idea why I just quoted short circut, but it works. coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee, thats why, HAHAHAHAHAHA... ok im calmish now...

9. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Why can't Hasbro do it like that ?

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you're such a paint nut, come to my house and paint mine! (Great work, man! He looks much better! :thumb )

11. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am a paint nut sq7. Ill paint urs if u want, just send the fig to me. Ill paint him.... Wait a minute.. Ur a better painter than I am...

12. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

that makes him rock

13. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    he looks really nice, I love that silver paint.

14. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow, thanks redline. comin from you thats very complimentary. I loved all your customs to date. Hopefully Ill be able to get up to some of the better painters then Ill get into massive mods like gestlats and such. DONT WORRY GUYS, I HAVENT FORGOTTEN ABOUT THAT PRIME I SHOWED YOU GUYS A WHILE BACK!!

15. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Man, you went crazy painting this. Its awesome.. so enjoy the holidays.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow, thanks for the posted Christmas present. I'm floored that you think that about my work.

I'm going to be adding/modifying a Nightstick for my Alt Ricochet here soon, so I'll have an extra Universe Cyclonus. He just may come your way, despite what you think! :lol 

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well sQ7 (posted your initials wrong last time), if u want me to repaint him for you I will. I'd do a commission for ya. I'd even do commission trade of sorts, if I like ur mod, which I'm sure we all will.

18. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

Great job, luvin the chrome. I just pick up cyclonus myself, but I am too scared to paint him. Yeah I said it I'm a chicken anyway your clonus looks awesome.

19. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Awesome job. I'd love to do something like this to mine, when I finally get one.

20. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gee, I'm starting to think that I could do some commissions with this guy... I didn't think he was that good. But thank you all for liking my work with him. I'm hoping that I can find a proper green for hound as my next project.
    F_R's hound really inspired me to make one. With out the gundam hands, but I might take and try the whole rubber wheel thing though. Thanks again all!!