Merging Mythologies - a peek into the new movie timeline

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cyborgraptor, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

How many out there have seen the TLK Bonus feature "Merging Mythologies" ?

It showed a lot of the writer's room we've been hearing about and which had some pretty interesting concept art.

Early in production, apparently they had groups of writers create separate transformers stories in the existing movie timeline and they were all to showcase the ideas the Michael and Steven (Spielberg) and two of the stories were Transformers in WWII and Transformers in Arthrian times. Each had never before seen concepts, including Skyfire as a soilder in WWII and a whole film centered on the knights with different designs.

But the most interesting parts of this feature was that in the background, they had these boards portraying the movie timeline with some new tidbits. One is that Megatron came for the Allspark in Victorian England, but was fended off by the Witwiccans and was trapped in the ice. Another was that apparently, Alpha Trion imprisoned Onyx Prime in a prisoner ship and it crashed (I don't remember if it said on Earth though). They also had Quintus Prime on the board. Maybe Quintus through production became Quintessa?

Is it possible that Onyx and Alpha Trump will appear in TF6 2019? Remember, Power of the Primes will be fully released by then.

We know now that the writer's room is disbanded now, but could Hasbro still have kept what they made so far and save it for the sequels?

Thoughts?!?!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Stonecrusher

Stonecrusher Just another Edgelord

News Credits:
    > Assuming that Last Knight and the first trilogy take place in the same universe.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAha Okay, probably intended, but at this point it makes no sense to.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cyborgraptor

Haha didn't even see that. Not changing it either

• Like Like x 3
  4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: 

Can you share those image? Please?

5. Cyborgraptor

Unfortunately I don't have the tech to do that without taking crappy pics with my phone. I was hoping someone out there could do that for me

6. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This is totally destroying the continuity of the first movie, since that had an exhausted Megatron crash-landing on earth (Arctic region) and submitting himself unwillingly to the cold ice.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I always wondered if the writers had time to watch the past movies.
    No worries, but are the never before seen concepts shown?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    That doesn't destroy anything at all. In fact that is about the ONLY thing in the whole room that might have made a decent continuity connection. Sector seven THINKS that megatron was screwed up and crashed into earth. However at this point in the films that sounds completely bs and makes megatron seem like the worst pilot in the franchise. Saying the witwiccans fought him off and trapped him would be a great explanation. Also would help explain WHY TF Archibald wanted to go to the north pole (he is a witwicky isn't he?).

• Like Like x 6
  9. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes! I am watching it now thanks to this thread, it has a very interesting look at the writer's room! And new art!

• Like Like x 1
  10. normtrooper

News Credits:
    The more I read your post the more I liked it. Excellent points! It does mess up the continuity in the comics and books but... that has always been jumbled, on screeen your theory would work

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Hopefully someone can share that soon. With all honesty I'm just interested in the bonus disc. :drunk 

12. normtrooper

News Credits:
    Are you not planning to buy it? Tell you what if I win the tfw DVD I'll mail you the disc since I already bought a blu ray lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

did the boards say anything about the Creators?

14. Cyborgraptor

You can see the concept art of the creator hand that we've seen before. (The one where it looks more robotic and it has a universe in it's palm) and under it it mentions Unicron

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigfootRULES

So is it the full timeline or just bits and pieces of it?

16. Cyborgraptor

Bits and pieces

• Like Like x 2
  17. bigfootRULES

Can we have a brief summary of it?

18. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My God, it's a nightmare... WHY DID THEY NEED TO MERGE SOMETHING?:eek:  Onix Prime? Alpha Trion? Megatron in Victorian times? Archibald Witwicky found him in Victorian times, people! Creator as Unicron? Um, we didn't see that giant hand with the galaxy like on Nizzi's concept, we actually have seen fragile, partially organic being with 7-finger palm, piloting a giant ship. I have an impression that everyone forgot about AOE completely or hoped naively, that AUDIENCE FORGOT. Aparently not. So, may be they had some ideas from Michael and Steven, but since they both didn't interact with the group MUCH (only 1 time each), but Goldner and Bonaventura instead did, writers perverted all the ideas and messed up all the Movie lore... They tried to make things super complicated or... just build an entire new, more close to cartoons continuity on the old ruins, because they don't want to lose designs and audience:(  Yes, we may find an explanation for Megatron in Victorian times. But why not develop the things WE ALREADY GOT IN PREVIOUS MOVIES, than create new ones, barelly connected or contradicting to them??? It just make the Movies harder to follow even for us, not mentioning general audience!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Cyborgraptor

I'll go back and post all of what can be seen on the timeline

20. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    And I hate that idea about Witwiccans. Great politicians and scientists are heroes, and TFs are... Who are they? Background dolls? Source for technologies? Walking weapon? No, thanks, I'll stick where AOE ended, where Cybertronians have souls, where they are mighty and wise, Autobots are human friends, defenders for peace, justice and freedom. And all this historical stuff makes the amazing miraclous arrval of Autobots and terrific Decepticons invasion in TF1 as something not specific, ordiary event:mad 

• Like Like x 3