Menu Screen For Transformers: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition Dvd

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Sep 12, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Meh. I've seen much nicer on other DVD releases...why not just have a clean line of selectable items at the bottom of the screen, and some sort of montage in the upper, main area?

This just looks lazy to me. Don's art is great as always, but they could've implemented it in a much better setup.

EDIT: Actually, on second glance, this is one of the stupidest looking menu screens I've ever seen. It's obvious that most of these elements (the background, the objects, Prime, and the Autobot symbol) were cut and paste from some other source material - ie, this was NOT one cohesive piece of art.

It looks like bad fanart. Seriously.

2. Prime'06

Prime'06 Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with you, thefrozenred.

It really looks like a cut and paste job that was done quickly and without any care. :thumbdown 

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Very nice, I like it better than the Rhino releases as well..

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Individual layers are okay, but pasted together like that they look like something I did within five minutes using MS Paint.

5. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

Right now, it looks a bit bland, maybe when we see the animated stuff it'll look better.

6. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Excellent.

7. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Okay, so, for all those of you who ADORE this menu screen:

Why?

Seriously, I don't see where the love is coming from, aside from perhaps nostalgia.

8. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

The design just appeals to me that's all,nostalgia had nothing to do with it for me at least

That and it's better then the menu screen of Rhino's Movie DVD :D 

9. thefrozenred

Ebay:
    Well, yeah, it is better than Rhino's DVD menu...but, even though a 2 is higher than a 1 (on a 10-point scale), it doesn't mean that it's praiseworthy, or something to be satisfied with.

But, if people like it...I'm happy for them.

10. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Toy commercials? My boxers are officially roxored.

11. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

A bit weak, to say the least; should have been done in either 3D or ink/paint, not a half-baked mix of both.

12. btnkdrms

btnkdrms New Member

It’s a lazy layout. The background and the character image isn't even consistent or complimentary to the film. Hell, if they were going to be this level of lazy they'd be better off recycling the box art image in the DVD menu. Which is the best part of the package thus far.

As far as the location/scene the image is based on - it has to be the (sectional) interior of the Autobot City where Megatron and Optimus faced off before taking the fight outside.

The DVD menu gets the thumbs down. A good menu example would be like the ones for Star Wars - where the menu's were inspired and created based on key scenes and locations in the movies.

Imagine the sound menu from SW:Ep III where Yoda was just going haus on Clone Troopers then substitute that with Optimus beating the tar spit out of Decipticons en route from the shuttle to the city.

I'm sure somebody in this great wide world of sports has the gump to make it work.

Alls they really have to do is sit and figure out what are the key scenes that make and tell the best parts in the movie.

An example would be like the Scrolling text from the Japanese version with the arrival of a textured CG rendering of Unicron that leads into a camera pan (from left to right) to that first planet he attacks and move past that (cue TF:TM theme) into the 'tunnel effect' and THEN play out an animatic where all the text for the menus options appear like/style as the character credits for the movie and zoome past Cybertron, cut to an alternate direction with a mild warp burst past the Red and Blue shuttles and lead it to the planet earth.

Anyways .. I don't like making critical remarks without some kind of constructive attempt at a solution.

Peace

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Niiiccceee!!!

14. Defensor

Defensor Well-Known Member

DITTO!! I noticed that too and the fact that it will include both the widescreen and the full frame version.

I wonder if there's any chance of them including "The Touch" music video.

Also that Japanese movie trailer with the footage that didn't appear in the movie.

If they included that stuff then this would be perfect! :thumb 

15. btnkdrms

btnkdrms New Member

16. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I'm impressed.

I also took a look at the side by side comparison of the original and the November release.

I'm also very very very excited that it's coming out... again!