Mental

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by littlebotbrat, Oct 22, 2007.

1. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

Are all decepticons and predacons mental ill?Or that's how they portrayed them in the cartoons?

2. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Why would you say that?

I guess maybe there are specific ones.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Some have mental conditions, but others are just soldiers fighting for the other side. If you read the profile books, there are some who have noble, almost heroic qualities - but just happen to follow the Decepticon side.
    On the flip side, you have some Autobots who can't be described as "all there", G1 Red Alert and Punch / Counterpunch for example.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    watch the generation 1 season 3 episode: "web world" mental conditions exist in the tf universe and they have a planet dedicated to serving as a premium mental hospital.

5. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    So that's why G1 Megatron is like that! He's got mental problems! Somehow I can't see him sitting down and talking about it with Dr. Phil though........

Just imagine:

" On todays Dr. Phil show, we have the leader of the Decepticons, Megatron,who's here to discuss why he's such a prick"

Megs- Nice to be here, puny fleshling.

Dr. Phil- So, Megatron it seems to me that you have some deep seated emotional issues to deal with, am I right?

Megs- HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY!!!!!!!! YOU SHALL NOW TASTE THE POWER OF MY FUSION CANNON!!!!!!
    KABOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

Starscream- Megatron has snapped! I now lead the Decepticons!!!!!!

Announcer: We're experiencing some technical difficulties, please stand by.....

Not really a happy ending there.

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good points. I always though Red Alert was a little off, but it worked for him.

Punch / Counterpunch, on the other hand, I feel awful for. He wasn't always that way, y'know? Makes me wonder how many of the Autobots ended up with PTSD after the Great War.

7. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Some had mental problems, while others had personality "quirks," for lack of a better term.

Sunstreaker and Tracks are vain, Mirage is elistist, Warpath has tourettes, etc. Oddly enough, there are quite a few that share the same traits on both sides. But I just chalk it up to the writers running out of ways to make every character somewhat unique.

It would be interesting to see a list of them all, grouped by trait or disorder. But that would be quite a lot of work, considering the character base.

8. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Strangely that is the funniest thing I have read all day. Heck who is thier right mind is going to tell a Tank what they cannot say. So is it Tourettes, or just a loss of the ability to filter ones words as in Cartman from Southpark.

Now Tracks is Vain, but Sunstreaker is a full out Narcissistis. I joking suspect the reason that their are not more female Autobots is that Sunstreaker killed them for looking better than he did and Sideswipe has just been looking the other way this entire time.

9. trebleshot

News Credits:
    Yeah, you're right; Sunstreaker is more of a narcissist. But I think his narcissism might run deeper than committing femicide out of jealousy. He probably thinks no one looks better than he does, even the female bots. But it would explain why all the other TFs are enamored by the sight of a female when one of them does turn up.

10. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I think that would go better with Galvatron.

11. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

While we're at it, what was the deal with that tourettes guy that members had in their sigs??

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd imagine if the Decepticons are so crazy about causing trouble, they'd be mental. Kinda like Rumble from the animated movie:

"First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside!!!"

13. trebleshot

News Credits:
    Do a search on youtube for Tourette's Guy, and you'll see. There is a website where the videos originally came from, but it's down right now.

www.tourettesguy.com

14. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Maybe energon was their form of medication

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

No wonder why they keep stealing energy to make energon...