Customs: Menasor Wired

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by WheelJacksWrkShp, Oct 15, 2007.

1. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

Well I got these classics as fast as they came out. I've had them for a while and stare at them constantly trying to think of something cool to do with them. It was earlier this summer I saw the alternators Menasor that I think Redline did. That was awesomeness on a level I would have never thought of. So I thought well Menasor as a classic would look good but there aren't enough different mold vehicles to do it. I did have Cliffjumper and Bumblebee and they made perfect lower legs. Mirage and Hotrod would need some tweaking to look right but all in all just some connecting pieces, hands, a new molded head and some torso attachments and it should work. I wired the components together and shot some pictures. I never started the kit bash because I don't have duplicates so it stopped there. The only reason I bring this up now is that I have seen some really nice Menasor's coming about and mentions of Classics Superion in the works so I figured I would share what I have. Also someone mentioned BB not working for and appendage and I beg to differ and wanted to show that working too. I also figure with a little modification on one or the other of the BB molds it could be made to look different. Wildrider and Deadend looked similar in shape even though one was a Porsche and the other a Ferrari. I was going to do a Superion but I don't have enough components to make it complete. He would only have one leg in my rendition with the parts that I have now. I need another thrust to get it to work properly. I have thought man times about doing these kit bashes but I don't have duplicates and I don't have the heart to destroy my originals. Maybe one day I will get into kit bashing more but until then I will continue to enjoy everyone else's. Thanks for the inspiration Redline and anyone else I could be forgetting. Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

excellent idea.bears at least a digibash into the decepticon colors.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That looks very familiar -
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I came up with nearly the same thing awhile ago, but mine wasn't Menasor. It was just going to be a new Autobot combiner, since Grimlock made such a good arm.

I never did make him combine permanently, I didn't have the heart to alter my figures. It wouldn't have been too hard to do, though.

4. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

i kinda prefer the ultra magnus version myself.

5. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

both of those look great I cant wait to see menasor finished

6. WheelJacksWrkShp

Mega that looks cool. Never would have thought of using Grimlock as an arm. I seen a digital creation of the Dinobots making a combiner. I can't remember what he called it but I know it had some extra bots in it like a raptor and I think one other that looks like a horned armadillo with a mace for a tail. I would love it if Hasbro did more classic dinobots to build a combiner out of them but we'll just have to wait and see.

Matt, I wont be finishing this as Menasor. I don't have sacrificial duplicates to do it with and I have other unrelated irons in the fire.

7. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I wish I had those figures to try the combiner myself. To make Cliffjumper and Bumblebee look different, you can sand the air intakes and cut the spoiler off. I know somebody did it with BB but I can't remember who.

8. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

That Magnus combiner is actually very kickass.

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Nice job

10. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Both, figures, look good but they both suffer from the same problem, as well. The crotch is too high. You need to find a cover plate that creates a lower crotch or shorten the legs, some.

Maybe try bending the knees, back, and using the knee, armour, piece as the connector to the legs. That might help.

Don't wait too long to find duplicates. They aren't becoming any more plentiful. I don't know if they will re release these with Classics 2.0?

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Mine actually has a crotch plate, you can kinda see it in the blurry second pic. It's Prime's smokestack gun, it clips right in there.

The second pic has a few other differences as well, like Prime's legs being spun backwards so his feet can act as knee joints.

I'm sure both of these have a lot of similarities to Redline's upcoming Menasor. I wish he'd show the damn thing already.

12. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Wow, I can't wait to see the finished project. Looks cool,

13. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

From what I can tell, these Classics figures are going to be re-released as part of the current Universe run. They've already released the Megs/Prime two pack and their box has pictures of a lot of the other figures on it...

[​IMG]

I think that this is an awesome idea! I would love to see someone actually try this...

14. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that's not bad looking. How exactly were you imagining them attaching to the arms up there? The two things that bother me about it are that one) Mirage's head is exposed in the limb-mode, and two) the torso is really small compared to the rest of it. Other that those little nit-picks, I like it alot.

15. WheelJacksWrkShp

Well my idea was that Hotrod has an attachment hole for the chest plate to lock down in robot mode and a screw hole about the same size a little further up. Magnus has a hole on his fore arm and his fist. The idea was to fashion an attachment plate. As for Mirage the head is pushed forward so you cant see his face ( I think I had to turn the head around backwards for that) and the arms are folded in a way to add shape to the arm and hide the head even more. I would then use the same attachment plate theory on him as I did Hotrod but modify the design to fit the post hole in between his legs or a snap ring attachment to fit around each thigh if I don't like the gap of the previous option. As for the torso being small I am with you there. Even though it makes the combined unit look ominous it is too small. I would have to add kibble and bits to it or find a way to get the legs to slide over the thigh area of Magnus and use the feet and knee joints as Mega suggested. But my opportunity I think has passed me by on obtaining more of these short of Ebay. SO with that I think I will sit back and bask in the glory of what others better than myself can do.