Customs: Menasor combiner HELP!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by nellie131, Feb 4, 2011.

1. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok so following the formula that many have done before im building a classics combiner menasor - with the sideswipe/sunstreaker as the legs - much like Frenzy_Rumbles.

my issue is how to connect the feet to the bots in use as the legs? i have some omega supreme feet already spare so if anyone can shoot me some advice this way it would be a MASSIVE help!

so again to make it clear i need help on how to connect the feet to bots and keep a good articulation! thanks for any replies :) 

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    if you post up some pics i might be able to give you some ideas, and which way you want the legs to go (hood of car as knee or as ankle)

3. nellie131

News Credits:
    Menasor-2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

much like this one if anyone has tips?

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Not sure how his is actually connected, but the Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold has two peg holes that you could build a connector for (I believe it's just shy of 5mm, since the tip of the gun handle can snap in there to create a shoulder cannon). If you can find some styrene tubing or posts to use, you could attach them to the lower knee of Menasor, the snap the legs on.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes and what you try out, man.

5. nellie131

News Credits:
    thanks Punk :) 

the two shoulder connectors are used for the knee section and ive got that figured out its more the ankles im at a bit of a loss with. connecting a joint to the rear of the car and then to the feet

6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    if you could get 2 spares of the guns for the sunstreaker mold and attatch it to the feet. would need to see pics of the inside of those omega feet as i never owned that mold

then you might be able to attatch the feet the same way you store the gun in vehicle mode. mix in an ankle swivel as well

my only worry with that is it might not hold the weight menasor and stay connected but its a thought.

i have a spare sunstreaker at home ill play with when i get home on lunch and let you know if i can come up with any other ideas

7. nellie131

News Credits:
    Thank you very much for the help as I realise all the versions of this custom are different i want to keep it simple but with some
    Good articulation for posing on display

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    No prob hope it helps

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ok i played with sunstreeker on my lunch and i have an idea

how good are you with styrene??

there are 2 slots right above the knee joint in car-mode if you just move the rear bumper like you would for transformation you see what i am talking about

you can make 2 squared posts out of styrene that would set in those holes and that would let you attatch the feet and would be a whole lot more stable than what i first mentioned. and you dont need to find parts (or destroy ones you already have.

10. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Megatron31 has a great idea here, now I don't own the Swipe/Streaker mold, but I have held and transformed him twice, and his idea is pretty damn sound.

Get yourself either some square styrene tubing to use or you can scratchbuild the post from some styrene.

11. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here are some pics of how I did mine.

I really liked Mike's design and decided I needed it in my collection.

Hope it helps.

I built styrene connections. With magnets in place to hold things as needed. There was no modifications to any of my stunticons, other than motormaster.

Attached Files:

12. nellie131

News Credits:
    Wow that menasor looks great and those pics help yeah! Loads of great ideas in this thread so thanks all you guys :D 

13. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

it looks like FR does a lot of parts forming to get them on right. Maybe if you disconnect the rear car bumper and fit the same sized ball joints to omega's feet??