Men.Style.Com article on Michael Bay

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by turk128, Jun 22, 2007.

1. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

A very well writen article on Michael Bay and Transformers.

http://www.men.style.com/details/features/landing?id=content_5669

Some might say it's a bit slanted but, they're not making anything up, it is another side of Bay.

(Scratching my head as to why a Men Style site is looking down --schlockbuster--on action flics thou....)

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Transformers is another schlockbuster-in-waiting. . . "

Hmmm.

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Weird. All the money, success and kudos yet there does seem to be a distinct vein of 'sadness' in his life.
    I do find myself 'liking' him (as much as is possible to 'like' someone we will never actually meet) for all the bad press he gets. I mean, I too get angry and upset when I see people mucking up or delaying something I have contributed to. Bay has all that and the shadow of 'producer pressure' & 'budget' to contend with too.

4. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Bay is very much a perfectionist. He wants to have control of every level of the production. Perfectionists are one of the worst people to be around since they demand so much of people around them but many people overlook the fact that they demand the most from themselves. They are their own slave drivers. They're never satisfied.

The thing is, Bay is/was attempting to change his subject/storytelling (see The Island). For him to really get out of his comfort zone and try new things, he needs to work with a smaller budget (less reliance on FX). Only problem is he's at his best when working on big budget productions and everyone in Hollywood knows it. Awfully hard make lower budget films when the studios are knocking on your door with barrels full of $$$.