Memory loss

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    anyone know anyways to help short term memory loss? i cant keep information in my damn head....i have a calendar on my phone, and if i have to do something, and its not in there, it doesnt get done...and this is really driving me nuts lately cuz my fiance has asked me to do a few simple things and i keep screwing up....which is really stressing her out....any suggestions?

2. TSFC

TSFC Banned

It's stress. Whatever it is that she's having you do is causing stress (and sometimes we just don't notice it as stress, it manifests in other ways.)

Kick back, relax, and don't worry one damn bit about what she wants. Try that for one week, and if you're no better, go see a doctor.

I can tell you though....it's stress related, and it can be corrected.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well I just... wait what were we talking about?

I'm pretty bad sometimes if I don't mentally repeat it to myself a few times.

4. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Get a better organizer, something Palm- or WinCE-based. Or just a small pad of paper and a golf pencil--you'd be surprised how much easier that can be for some people. Either way, make it a periodic routine to check it to see what you've forgotten was in there.

5. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Stress or not, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I suffer from memory loss ALL the time. Use to play havoc with me at work, especially if I had to do something important. May sound stupid, but I began to write notes on my hand. It's been helping me out quite a bit, but I think it's just the fact of me writing it down that helps me not forget. At home, I leave little notes here and there of what I want to do. And if it's really something important, I constantly repeat it to myself, write it down on a piece of paper then put that paper where I KNOW I'll see it. And ask your fiance to help you out by putting notes where she knows you'll see them. That is what my husband does if wants me to call companies or do something on my days off. Has helped the stress factor immensely in our lives.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Lay off the weed?

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    well, its not just with this...this is just the latest thing...ive been dealing with it since highschool (now 25) it was hell on me through school, and now its just getting worse...and i cant just not do what needs to be done...i probably should see a doctor though...and right now, at least my calendar helps, but now im forgetting to look at it....or forgetting to write down what to do in it....

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I just came out of the 'in memory ' thread and ended up in the 'memory loss' thread

9. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Damn man, beat me to it. Make lists, and get more of that Omega 3 man..

10. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I have to remember so many damn things over the course of a given day, that I use the notes, alarms, and reminders on my cell phone...but the most effective tool is writing them on my hand! People laugh and say, "Frank! What hell is that on your hand?", to which I reply "Call Al, groundwater report, milk"

Stress and a busy life are the culprits.

11. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I feel ya 100%. I try to kick back and relax. It helps partly but as soon as I need to keep things in memory, it starts to get bad. Simple things get pretty muddled, especially school related things, sometimes. Many non-priority tasks get buried in other things. Heck, many times I go to work and then I blank out and miss a turn. It bites, and I've pretty much had this problem to various degrees for as long as you can remember. I'd see a doc, but I haven't. Maybe it's a good idea. yah?

12. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

uh....do what now?

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    whats omega 3?

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I was just going to post the :google  smiley, but then I realized you probably just forgot.

15. Lumpy

News Credits:
    no, that was me partially being lazy, partially not realizing i could look it up...