Memories of Your DOTM Experience as 1st Anniversary Approaches

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Matt Starr, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

If there is another thread like this please redirect us.

What are your memories of seeing Transformers: Dark of the Moon as the June 29th first anniversary approaches? Talk about your excitement (or apprehension) leading up to it, your viewing experience, and DOTM toy hunting.

Look forward to hearing about everyone else's experience!

Can't believe it's almost been a year.

2. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    I still remember the excitement, watching the TV spots, the trailers, everything.

3. jazzbot180

jazzbot180 Dino-Bot

I remember seeing a ton of TV spots and went to see it a week after it came out. I really didn't like it when I first saw it, but now I do :) 

4. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

For me, the excitement was off the chain since the credits of the second one rolled since I knew there'd be a third. Then when the details of DotM started leaking out, my excitement grew to fever pitch. I remember the seeing the trailer, downloading the HD version of it and replaying it about a dozen times or so. I also remember thinking after seeing the movie was over how misleading the trailer was and how good a job it did masking the events of the movie. Granted, I tried to keep out of any major plot points online so I'd be surprised in the actual movie. Needless to say I was surprised of Sentinel's defection.

I was bummed that I couldn't see it at midnight because I said I'd wait to see it with her and the little tykes (my kids love them some TFs) all together so I settled for that Saturday.

I didn't really have much apprehension as I liked RotF and expected that or better in DotM. If anything, that was a sore spot as I missed some of the second one's humour to break up the doom.

My second viewing experience was better than the first, partly because it was just me and my daughter (at a Cinemark dollar theater with surprisingly good 3d and sound and cheaper, always a plus) and partly because these jack@$$ kids in the row behind us were less behaved at seven to ten years old than my own two year old twins and four year old who managed to stay quiet the entire film.

As far as toys go, DotM got me buying the toys again. I had a decent collection when I was a kid and had them all the way until I was 21 when I caught myself trying to be a cool and good uncle, gave them to my nephew who didn't take care of them and trashed them along with my complete run of the original Marvel TF comics. If I had known he didn't take of his stuff, I never would've given them to him.

Anyways, so September rolls around and my wife, hearing me both lamenting the loss of my TFs nearly two decades ago and gushing about some of the new toys, bought me a RotF Leader Optimus for my b-day. Second best birthday present ever, hands down.

So looking for a Megatron to both display with him and play with, I started seeing all the toys I missed out on for the last ten years or so. Ebay combined with TFs has been the single biggest bane to my bank account. lol. I started with DotM toys and worked my way backward (tho' since I've always loved Galvatron even more than Megatron, I opted to get Energon Galvatron). It was only supposed to be "I just want the Wreckers". Then Leader Sentinel Prime I had to get, on and on. The longest period it's taken me to get a TF I wanted was I think RID Ultra Magnus as he runs on ebay around 60 and it took me a year and some change to finally snag. I lucked out and got both RID Ultra Magnus and RID Optimus PRime for $45. My kids have seen the various versions of the series and thankfully like them all, G1, Prime, Animated, you name it. The only ones I think they haven't seen yet (because I haven't got them yet) is Armada. So I started picking TFs for them as well.

5. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

Pretty much this for me^

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I remember utterly fangasming when I saw Barricade appear, speak (even though it was Frank Welker's Soundwave voice), get a kill on Wheeljack and order protoform troops around.

And I remember crying on the inside when he died, even though I knew it was coming from a TV spot.

The Mexican Standoff was another fangasm moment, and the Wreckers were LOL moments.

7. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

This

I also remebered thinking " Yes he's finaly ganna die" when the soundwave was holding a gun to Bee's head and was disapponited when Bee killed soundwave. I normaly forget stuf affter 2 weeks go past since i frist see a movie but it took till it came out on dvd for me to forget bee going to sam when soundwave had a gun to his head "we had a hell of a run." i strangely was sad when Que died lol

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Watching Optimus go through the Decepticons, finish off Shockwave and challenge Sentinel to come and fight him.

My freaking pants, yo.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

What pants?

Mine were gone by that point.

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I remember the kid sitting a few seats down from my girlfriend and I just completely losing his shit when the Autobot shuttle blew up. I don't know who I felt worse for, the kid whose childhood just died there in the movie theater, or his mom who had to convince him everything was gonna be okay.

11. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    holy shit, that sounds terrible. any idea how old he was?

dotm got me back into transformers, so i honestly have to give credit to it. the trailers were fantastic and hyped a great movie.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Too dark to see, but he sounded pretty young.

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

How'd he react when Optimus came in and the Wreckers wrecked that pilot's shit?

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

My bad, I should have specified. I always bring spare pants to movies that destroy them.

The first pair were lost when the Driller and Shockwave first appeared. Then Laserbeak's killing spree. The Highway chase, Mexican stand-off and Sentinel's betrayal. The invasion, Soundwave appearing, the destruction of Chicago-

Look, many brave pants lost their lives that day, that's all there is to it.

15. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    Oh, and even though I knew it was coming, I gasped when Sentinel shot Ironhide in the back.

16. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

i remember the super bowl spot. i was eating tamales and couldn't wait for it to come on. then i could hardly contain my excitement when i went to see it on the 28th. there was this guy sitting beside me chewing on his drink straw, it was really weird. but i had a great time.

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Ha! I do that sometimes when I'm finished.

18. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    also it was my first midnight premiere, so it holds a spot in my heard for that.

19. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I remember watching the trailers every so often. Dark of the Moon was also the first TransFormers movie I ever saw in theaters (the night of June 29th :wink: ), and I also very fondly remember taking my at-the-time girlfriend to go see it about a week later when it came to my local theater. :)  Ahh, memories...

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Got all pumped up because of what the fans said....then got dissapointed after i finished it.

Haven't seen it since.