Memories of the Phantom gaming console... or lack of them.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mrhillz, May 19, 2010.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

You know, you could say they helped pioneer the idea of downloadable content to gaming consoles. I mean, if I remember correctly, there would be no sort of optical or cartridge drive to speak of. Everything was to be downloaded straight to the console's hard drive through their service. It's something to think about when you get that next game from XBLA, Wii store, or PSN. Can you imagine what it would have been like if it ever actually came out, instead of years and years of empty promises?

Edit: After seeing the next post, I forgot that downloadable games/content had already been done before the inception of the vaporware.

At least I tried to post something meaningful here :)  .

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They didnt pioneer that.

game consoles have been able to download games for quite a while. Sega Channel, Super Famicom Satellaview, Famicom Modem...

if it would have come out, nothing would have changed. no one would have bought it, and everyone would have forgotten about it in about a week.

3. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Wasn't the Apple Pippin supposed to revolutionise gaming in that very way when it was released in 1996?

4. AMG

AMG Old School

The Phantom... a console that truly lived up to it's name.