Memorable Fights (1 vs 1)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GALVATOM, Aug 24, 2016.

1. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW Some of these fights may end in death!

What one on one fight do you remember fondly and why?

Rules

1. You do not talk about fight club
    2. Don't talk about fight club
    3. Ignore rules 1 and 2, those are just lines from a movie
    4. One fight per poster
    5. Be descriptive "Megatron vs Prime" is too vague. Try to remember the episode but just the continuity and the setting will suffice.
    6. All continuities from all forms of media are fair game. From comics to film to bed spreads.
    7. Reasons could be anything. Whether you like the chorography, music, drama or just the outcome.
    8. Minor interference still counts as a one on one fight. So Prime vs Megatron in The Transformers Movie still counts even though Hot Rod jumped in at the end.

My pick is...

Starscream vs Galvatron
    Armada Episode 48: Cramp

Galvatron and Optimus fight. Prime merely defends himself, never attacking. Galvatron, armed with the Star Saber Sword, overpowers Prime and seems on the brink of severely damaging him.

Then suddenly explosions go off in the background and from the smoke a winged silhouette emerges drawing a red glowing sword.
    It is Starscream. "Come and get a taste of my blade Galvatron!"

Then it's mostly trash talking over locked blades, slashing flashes of sword light with a few nicely choreographed blocks, with the point of it all being Starscream knows joining up with the Autobots is the only chance of survival for everyone as he knows the threat of Unicron is real and recent spent time with the Bots and Humans has shown him a path other than simple conquest.

Both combatants get sliced up rather nastily with Galvatron using brute strength and Starscream relying on speed and agility, he also shows a greater level of power and skill than seen before when he fought Megatron. Possibly because he'd recently received a power up as well as a new colour scheme.

The dubbing spoils it a bit mostly with Galvatrons line's. The battle reaches it's end when they both go to strike, Starscream connects with Galvatrons neck but Starscream had powered down his blade before striking and Galvatron runs him through driving the Star Saber into his chest.

Starscream falls and tells Galvatron he lacks the integrity as a leader that Prime has and warns him again that an alliance is the only hope they have against Unicron. With the last of his strength he links up with Swindle to fire defiantly up at the moon concealing Unicron, only to be disintegrated in front of both faction leaders by the giant transformers retaliation. Elsewhere the Martian fragment he had gifted to one of the Autobots human friends, Alexis, shatters in her hands. Back on the battlefield all that's left is his sword, stuck into the ground next to a fresh crater. Galvatron then offers Prime the Star Sabers handle.

So I picked this one mainly for it's drama over every other aspect, there are certainly better choreographed and animated fights that don't suffer from poor dubbing out there but this one see's Starscream show such fortitude martyring himself for the greater good.

What's yours?

2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was never a big fan of Armada, but I absolutely loved that battle.

3. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Since the one-on-one rule discounts the forest battle, that just leaves the final fight between Optimus and Megatron at the end of Transformers Armada. That was a freaking slugfest, nearly as good as the forest battle if not as good.

4. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Mortal Combat was epic and brutal! I really liked how they resorted to using their surroundings to beat up on each other and it was such a gambit having Galvatron finally use his concealed hand dagger.

Unfortunately the Forrest Battle was 3 on 1 but I'm glad you mentioned it as it is one of my fave movie scenes.

Minor assists or interferences are fair game... Like Hot Rod getting involved in Prime vs Megatron in TFTM still counts as one on one even though it did impact the fights outcome it'd shame for it to be excluded from this discussion.

5. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

Hot Rod/Rodimus battling Galvatron inside Unicron, it's epic and poor Rodimus needs more love in my opinion. Also you can toss in the epicness of Optimus saying one of the most memorable lines "Arise, Rodimus Prime." Though personally my favorite part is Rodimus managed to through Galvatron so hard he smashes through the wall and is sent flying through space.

You got to admit that throw was pretty impressive considering Galvatron wasn't found till a year later, stuck in an asteroid with quite a few screws knocked loose.

6. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Megatron vs Optimus Prime

Sherman Dam, MTMTE/Arrival from Cybertron

The battle with the mace and energy axe. Just takes me back to childhood, and what got me into Transformers. Also really established the characters for the leaders, Optimus as a force for good, and Megatron as a dominant overlord. 'My hunger for power!!!'

Followed up by Optimus falling by his concern for others (stricken after hearing Spike's call for help) this was almost a foreshadowing of what would cost him his life 2 years later (11 years later in the TFTM story).

7. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Dinobot vs. Primal at the end of the 1st episode of Beast Wars.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The one 1-on-1 fight I always remember before any other is Magnus vs. Galvatron from Marvel UK. Before anything from any cartoon or any movie.

9. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Great shout - absolutely epic. Also Galvatron versus Megatron for a great comic 1 v 1.

10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I'm very fond of TFP Megatron battling the Insecticon (though maybe it might not count 'cause Airachnid threw in a web at one point). From the movies there's Bee vs Barricade, Prime vs Bonecrusher and the first part of Prime vs Lockdown before the rest showed up. In Beast Wars, definitely the final battle between Depth Charge and Rampage.

11. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Oh, yeah! The Depth Charge vs Rampage fight was one of Beast Wars's best fights, if not its best. It's kind of funny, Beast Wars didn't really focus on epic one-on-one slugfests. Now, its successor, Beast Machines, had another really good one, between Optimus and Megatron at the end. Those two tore up part of an entire city between them, and we ain't talking an out-of-scale human city either.

12. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

One fight per post fella's, but they would all be great picks. Depth Charge vs Rampage on the ocean floor was so personal. "I don't have time for you X". "Like you had no time for Starbase Rugby, you had friends there? Tasty ones I remember". Add that to what he did on Omicron, no wonder DC wanted him dead.

I don't get the complaint about that one, they say Galvatron try's to choke Rodimus which is an illogical thing to attempt on a robot, for all we know he could of been trying to rip his head off. And yeah that was one hell of a throw.

It always works well having the hero lose because of compassion. That fight has some nicely animated doges too.

That's actually from part 2, good pick. I love Dinobots line about finishing his opponents off the old fashioned way.

Armada Megatron vs G1 Galvatron?

13. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Beast Wars had it's fair share I think. Nemesis Pt 1 might have been the third time at least that DC and Rampage tangled 1v1 on Earth.

Optimal Megatron vs Primal in BM was so interesting because they went everywhere, land, sea and sky. So tragic that it cost both their lives though.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    Optimus stopping Megatron no matter the cost in the 1986 movie.

None of who heard that line for the first time could imagine just how great that cost would be.

15. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

My favourite part about that one is how detailed the damage is on both their bodies. It's also great that Primes final interaction with Megatron is a Double Axe handle to the jaw!

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    Same here that was a totally epic way to end that fight.

17. mrprime222000

mrprime222000 Well-Known Member

I love the final fight between Megatron and Optimus in Transformers Animated. I don't know if that counts because prowl saved primes life, but still. It's pretty awesome, not just because of how thy epically exchange blows, but also to see how far Prime has come. In the first episode it takes the whole crew to hold off and distract megatron for less than a minute, ad they only survived because Starscream is a treacherous little weasel. Yet in that final battle Prime is going toe to toe with Megatron. And that final blow, or more importantly, the lack there off. "my name is Optimus Prime."

18. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Optimus Prime vs Megatron at the end of Beast Hunters.

19. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Optimus Primal vs. Optimal Megatron.

After going through the disappointment that was Beast Wars Season 3 it takes Megatron to show us what that Optimal Optimus body was truly capable of. That was an interesting use of budget necessity.

20. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Prowl certainly doesn't count this fight out, minor interference is fine. The Autobots in Animated where so outclassed by size, strength, firepower and the flight advantage so Prime finally being able to put up a solid fight against Megatron really felt like the moment he became a legend amongst his kind like the status and idolisation other Optimus' of old receive at the beginning of their respective series.