Meltdown for TF Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Flashdisk, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would actually like Meltdown to be introduced in TF Prime. But of course with some changes. I think he'd make an intruiging character.

For one his ideas of the need for hyperevolving humans has basis. With the introduction of thinking machines such as Cybertronians, the idea of machines userping and destroying mankind has basis.

It could lead to interesting stories. For example in Frank Herbert's Dune and its various other books, mankind has litterally thrown out the thinking machine. From calculators to computers, all of these items have been discarded by future human civilizations and replaced by breeding and engineering humans to replace them. This was due to a war between humans and thinking machines in their history.

In a way, Meltdown could be seen as a monster, but also a revolutionalry. A person who sees the threats that machines pose to human civilization and like Dune's Leto II, is trying to prepare them for the future.(It seems he foresaw another war between humans and thinking machines in the future)

Mentats for example have the ability to make superhuman calculations(they have brains like supercomputers). The Bene Gesserit have the ability for superhuman speed and reflexes. They have the ability to use the genetic memory of all those who came before them. This faction has various other powers. There are the guild navigators which are able to use a form of presience, an ability to see the future using historical patterns as basis, enabling them to navigate starships. Various humans have the presience ability. And then there are the human creature hybrids etc. There are also the gholas affording a type of immortality for some humans.

And maybe if Meltdown is introduced they could say Raf is actually one of Meltdown's human experiments. Experiments to mutate humans so that they could rival not only Cybertronians but all forms of technology.

Also, I think it would be interesting if he does end up creating a human transformer.

So, what do you think of introducing Meltdown? How can you make him into a truly fascinating character? What stories would you like to be developed through his introduction?

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am fully behind more of Meltdown appearing in anything.

3. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Is that even legally possible?

One of these days we're going to have to figure out how the rights for Animated and its various concepts and characters fall. If only to get season 3 on DVD.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No Meltdown. This show already got enough Animated stuff, movie stuff, everything stuff.

I don't get you guys, people complain about the show not being creative then want it to take more shit from the past instead of creating new concepts itself. Prime got 9 episodes already and not one single idea was original, let's give it a homage break shall we?

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I dunno who or what Meltdown is.

6. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Only on two conditions.

1: He's still Peter Stormare
    2: He still has big-ass platform shoes (booga-looga-looga-looz)

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Maybe they could have him appear in a Sci-Fi B-Movie scenes where The humans and the Autobots watch in a episode.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Quoted three times for extra truth.

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

No. Animated human villains were kinda lame.

10. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    No. Meltdown and the other TFA human villains worked in the TFA universe, but I can't see them working in the Prime universe.

11. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    It's not just the lack of new concepts; it's the misuse of old ones.

Sometimes having old ideas recycled in a new continuity can make very different and more interesting situations given the new characters and setting (ie Scraplets, Dark Energon).

But no, people keep on asking for the exact same guys xeroxed from past incarnations when they aren't needed or when other characters are working the same archetypes and roles.

Focus on MECH first as the human villains, please?

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    we have bulkhead *shrugs*

as for yes or no, i dont care either way. would be cool though i can live without it.

13. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Bulkhead's a bot. From what I understand, the human characters are a little trickier. Probably why none of them had any merchandise.

14. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why wouldn't Hasbro own it? Animated is their franchise, sure it was developed for CN but it would be very foolish for Hasro to let CN have rights to their properties.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    But Marvel still has the rights to some of old Marvel comic charecters like Circit Breaker and Death's Head.

16. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well considering that CN didn't want Hasbro airing Animated on the Hub, I'd say there'd be a few issues. They got away with Bulkhead because he was in Energon.

jD001

17. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I think the same thing happened to RID. Saban/Disney own the rights to the American dubs.

IIRC Marvel debuted Circuit Breaker in "Secret Wars" first so they could copyright her.

18. thespaniard

thespaniard Well-Known Member

No meltdown or any other animated villains. This series is set in a More realistic world if toxic substances get on you you die yup don't become a toxic monster. So no genetic mutants, no guys dressed as archers, no pony riding magic things. This is transformers not justice league

19. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    In some ways I think it actually takes more creativity to work in an homage in a new and interesting way than to just create something from scratch.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    NO!!! Meltdown was a bad in Animated (much like all the other human "villains" were), and I don't see the concept being any better in TFP.