1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

So far ,with the exception of the few animated figs, the 09 Toyfair is unimpressive. Most of the stuff for ROTF looks like some real dooh dooh. The faces on some of the figs and their designs are terrible( don't even get me started on that turd Constructicon with the wheel on top and bottom) how could a kid even play with that??? Devestator doesn't even look like a transformer, more like a monster. I am really excited about the movie but the toys are garbage. So far the new fig I want the most is Animated Arcee. She looks outstanding and like an actual robot, I dont believe it. We desperately need more animated, especially if hasbro wants more of my dollars : p

2. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

I couldn't agree more. Although, the sad fact is that movies generate far more merchandise sales than tv shows do more often than not.
    It may not be a good move from the fans perspective, but from a business perspective it makes total sense.
    Who knows? maybe Hasbro will continue the animated line even after the series ends. It may only be wishful thinking, but it could be something reall nice to make it up to the fans.

3. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

I was more annoyed that there were so few Animated toys shown I get the movie is their focus but seriously....

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Well-Known Member

Keytar Ratbat and Arcee are the only good things TF to come out of this years Toyfair, the rest is disappointment and genuine utter fail. Why the fuck Hasbro shafted TFA, their best line pretty much ever, for ROTF crap, i'll never understand.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I agree. More Animated and Universe, Hasbro!

6. the man

the man I iz a Roadbuster fan

I completely disagree!!!!!!!!!!

I love all of the Rotf figures(even though mudflap's head looks like a sad dog)
    even though i like the animated figures, and not so much the universe, i like ROTF figs more.

AND...

I'm probably gonna get murdered for this, but i'm kinda glad animated might me ending...and it might be a good thing

*hides in closet*

7. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

This maybe the turning point on that.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    While I agree, there's not much new Animated stuff, I cannot disagree more on the movie. I especially think Demolisher kicks everybody's ass here and beyond. I also disagree that I have not seen any Animated stuff I am not going to buy. But damn, it always astounds me at how much TF fans can hate Tranformers.

9. 245am

245am opener

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was hopeful for Toyfair, but I knew it'd be dissappointing. I'm anti-movie toy, but love LOVE the Uni and Animated lines. So, yeah, this was pretty expected. I don't begrudge Hasbro for the decisions, to me, it makes solid business sense to focus on the movie line and backseat the other lines. Here's hoping Uni comes back after the summer and that we get some good Animated figures from Season 3 before it shuts down.

10. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Thats ok Split Lip and the man somebody has to be wrong...

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    To clarify...

There were *NO* Animated toys shown at the event. Only "Revenge of the Fallen" toys were on hand for people to look at and take pictures. The images that you see were handed prior to the show (to people like TFCC) and put on a zipdrive for all attending "media" venues, such as ourselves, and are simply their "stock" images.

We've been told we were getting an Animated Rodimus, possibly a Cybertron mode Ratchet ... (which could lead to Cybertron mode Ironhide) ... but we'll see. If Animated is done, there's a chance they may not release those figures. :( 

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we are going to see a lot more movie figures shelf-warming this year, it's not just us that dislike the movie figures, most kids don't want any of them from what i've seen, and a lot of my friends have kids that are into transformers, but even their movie one stuff is ugly and or boring to them, so back on topic, yeah the new movie deigns are crap, they look good in the trailer, but not so much in real life

13. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

So, there's no images of the stock images for those of us who didn't attend, is there?

14. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

heres the thing. i think the movie will rock my mother fing socks off. I think the bots will look cool. I'll be buying the DVD and very carefully choosing which store i buy from to get the coolest case. i will forever love tfs. but these movie toys; these movie toys suck from utter hell. I'll probably watch every toys review from peaugh and looking at every fan taken pic of each figure. I'll probably look at them in store but seriously doubt I'd buy any of them. I'm actually just looking forward to the classics or universe or whatever repaints we see next year that are released under the movie line name like we got from the last movie, (like movie big daddy).

15. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

i just hope they push the last of the animated figures they got done past the prototype stages and release them, it would be so nice after only having only 3 seasons of animated.

16. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

They said we've got 11 deluxes and 8 voyagers releasing throughout the year. We have the first waves of 09 out in both classes so that takes the count down a little, but stop fretting more are coming just be patient. Note: I don't think that repaints are included in the count.

And arcee for me was the best thing to come from the show, i only own 3 movie toys form last time and only because i could get them cheap. However this time i want to get all the autobots shown in the movie and they all look great...ish. The twins faces look stupid but i'm getting more used to them. Sideswipe looks cool too.

So for me it wasn't complete fail, devastator was but meh saves me £100, and ill just look forward to those extra animated toys will be getting whatever they are and the new season starting whenever it does.

17. AMG

AMG Old School

That would really bum me out. I'm really looking forward to getting a Rodimus Prime figure.

18. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I was suprised we didn`t see the new BB or crappy Grimlock? Think Hasbro can at least squeese out the last 3 seekers, and Uni Grapple & Red Alert. There repaints for christ sake, they love them.

19. Fallen

Fallen can not resist lilformers

I like the animated figures, but I really wanted to see all the new ROTF toys. the only thing I didn't like were the twins heads!

20. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I would like the toys a hell of a lot more if they're price points were more reasonable. For the normal (or now once-normal) $9.99 price, I could justify the deluxes. For an extra 3 bucks? No. They need to make a toy look like it's worth $12.99 before they adjust the pricepoint. Especially in this market.

I won't be buying any more animated toys aside from Samurai Prowl and Ultra Magnus, the latter if he gets discounted. The designs look good, but Animated figures feel really cheep and at least 75% of the animated figures I have are easily forgettable Transformer figures (as in, the ones that will end up on ebay 10 years from now and will never be sold).

ROTF...eh...some of the designs I REALLY like. I've gotten used to the Twins' designs and I will gladly buy their toys. Soundwave is a triple changer, and he looks awesome to me. Optimus Prime screams "kickass" to me, and that looks like a transformation worth the Leader Price point, plus both robot and vehicle mode are very much movie accurate. Sideswipe is also cool...could use a bit more paint on the face and on the Chevy Racing symbol in car mode, but still cool. Demolishor and Rampage have interesting designs (in a good way).

Bumblebee is the only deluxe I don't like. I wish he had a proper right hand instead of that large gap. Should have kept both hands and modified the TF1 sword/gun to make it just a gun but with a new design.

Devastator: Yes, he looks freakin' amazing to me. But there is no way I'll pay $100 for that. $70 would be a lot more reasonable. I can see it being the next Ultimate Bumblebee. I don't see Devastator selling very well unless it's at least 30% off.