Megs vs Prime 2pack Fix: Stop Floppin' Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Getter Eagle, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

I would call this a sister thread to the Megatron fix posted a while back, but I'm actually ashamed that it took me so long to figure out what was wrong with the Optimus Prime figure from the classics 2pack.

The upper torso of the figure is meant to rotate and "super punch" when you push in the button on his back. It works more like the rotors on any of the helicopter figures of days gone by. Bush the button in once, hear the gears click and grind, and Prime's top half spins like a top. What this leaves you with is a Prime who's chest spins around like a boobie tassle. So how do you fix it? Well, pay close attention.

Step 1: Grab the little black switch on his back. Pinch it, if you like.
    Step 2: Pull it out until you hear it click.

The end.

Seriously.

Prime's bossom is now locked firmly in place.

Between figuring that out, and the Megatorn foot fix, I'm extremely happy with this box set. They aren't as nice as their larger counterparts, but you really can't complain for twenty bucks. They're tons o' fun. Ten thumbs up.

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

What's the Megatron fix again?

3. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=111583

When I took my Megatron's feet off, there wasn't any glue. It took two seconds, and was incredibly simple. He looks a thousand times better with the clawed toes in front.

4. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

I agree, they are a pretty impressive set and Megs does look a lot better with the foot fix, thanks for the tidbit of keeping Primes torso form moving, that was driving me nuts.

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    can it be pushed back in and still punch? I guess what I mean is can you pull out the lever and have him tight, and if you decide you want to "super punch" can he do it? then lock again? very curious, because I don't have him (obviously) and have heard some not so good things. but this fix may be what the doctor ordered

6. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

Yeah you can, they just never put in the directions that you could lock it in.