Megs vs Grimlock

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by lazerrodphill, Aug 21, 2008.

1. lazerrodphill

lazerrodphill Well-Known Member

This is stupid because shockwave beat all the dinobots by himself. But how long do you think a fight with meg and grim would last? personally if it was warwithin grimlock I'd say megs would be in trouble for awhile.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Depends on continuity. Cartoon Grimlock kicked the bejesus out of Megs a few times.

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Thats a Tough one. But if we are talking WWI then I believe Grimmy would have the upper hand. I have always wanted to know who would win. There needs to be a comic on this bout to end all debate.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I think it's pretty clear that fight would go in Megatron's favor. Sure, he doesn't really do much other than sit around on his butt and order his lackeys to do all the heavy lifting for him, but on the rare occasion when he does something himself, Megatron is pretty tough. Grimlock, meanwhile, is pretty damn useless in a fight without having Wedge, Heavy Load, and Hightower there to combine with.

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Megatron is much smarter and creative.
    In terms of raw power I'd say they are almost equal, but Megatron could end it at a time of his choosing.

6. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

It depends what continuity you are talking about. G1 Megatron and G1 Grimlock I think would be pretty evenly matched until G1 Megatron tricked G1 Grimlock into something and thus losing. Animated Grimlock is going to get owned by Megatron because he is such a pansy on that show. It is all a matter of which one but if G1 then see the second sentence.

7. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

:thumb 

8. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    I wanna see animated megs vs grimlock.

9. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This.

10. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

As do I. I don't have Grimlock's toy yet, but is it true his tech specs say that he is as physically powerful as Megatron? If so, that smackdown is gonna be the most epic moment of TFA history.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Supposedly Grimlock lost. In Megatron Rising P2 there was to be a scene where the Dinobots jumped Megs and got trashed. The footage was really bad and unusable, so they dropped the scene.

12. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    G1 Grimlock can beat BW Megatron.

13. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Megs. He's got enough fire power to lead the Cons which are basically a group of war machines. Plus Grim lacks of consistency.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    With Animated, brute strength is merely half the equation. Megatron's got more combat experience and skill, I'd give him an easy victory.

For the other continuities, it depends on who we are dealing with. Cartoon G1 I'd say it could go either way. Comics, the fight would belong to Grimlock most of the time. Grimlock's strong, but in the comics, he had the smarts to back it up, too.

15. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

But in their very first fight in the comics, I think issue 7 or 8, all the dinobots fought Megatron and couldn't even hurt him. They only got lucky when he lost his footing and he fell off a cliff, and I think it was when Ratchet punched him, wasn't it?

I'm pretty sure Megs could kick Grimlock's butt in Animated considering Bulkhead beat up Grimmy twice.

As for that scene in Animated being removed, I feel cheated. I wanted to see Megatron kick his butt.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hardly. G1 Grimlock's an idiot. Megs is brilliant and not to mention powerful. G1 Grims has brawn, but BW Megatron has the brains to overcome that brawn.

I think the only time Grimlock would beat Megatron is in G1, and even then that's just because Megatron always lost in fights like that, so in a real fight who knows.

17. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

But to be fair....BW Megatron is very small. Grimlock is very big. In theory, Grimlock COULD just step on him :D 

18. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's real simple, let me break this one down.

"Me have sword!"

"I have a GIANT FUCKING CANNON!"

:) 

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Well said

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It really depends on the specific continuity in quesiton. Here's my opinion on the different continuities that I know have had a Megs and a Grimlock in them:

G1: Depending on the situation, etiher one of them could win the fight.
    War Within: Grimlock would win. He not only has the power, but the brains behind that power.
    Beast Wars: Megatron would win. BW Grimlock's basically a white Dinobot.
    RID: Megatron would win. Only reason I even mention this one is because RID is my favorite TF show, and because it technically has a Grimlock in it.
    Energon: Probably Megs, again. En. Grimlock would need Swoop to back him up...
    Classics: Like G1, depends on the situation, and either could win the fight in the end.
    Animated: Megatron would win. Grimlock is as strong as Megs is, but hasn't had enough battle experience to effectively fight him, yet. With some proper training, he could do it, and withought backup.