Megs Role in the movieverse

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prime's Pappa, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

WTF??? are you kidding me...you take one of the best villians of all time and turn him into an errand boy bitch...I will say that i did like DOTM but megs treatment in these last 2 movies is pathetic

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ya he follows the strongest person at the time. It started with the fallen then sentinal then asking optimus for peace.

3. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His role in this movie was pretty bad... Its like they set out to to tarnish his image

4. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

I feel you I always thought of MEGATRON as the DARTH VADER of transformerS but he's more like BOBA FETT

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Megatron was awesome in the first movie [wiped the floor with Optimus, killed Jazz, BADASS].

On the second, not so much.

On the third, they were trying to add depth to the character [showing him as a old, declining man in his final days], and they did so.

Honestly, Megs might not have been the badass of all awesomeness in DOTM, but at least he became more than the "RRARRGH, KILL YU ALLZ!" than he always is.

6. thien425

thien425 Well-Known Member

No but he did kick the living shit out of Sentinel Prime :) 

7. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

but he was hardly in frame when he did it.

i want a full shot of that scene not one where you can only see meg's feet.

8. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was glad megatron intervened but pretty unhappy Optimus killed him, made no sense to a beaten megatron.

9. russf2004

russf2004 Member

Over the 1st two movies Megs has been killed, rebuilt from recycled parts & beaten half to death. Makes you wonder what a fully functional TF1 Megs would have done in DOTM -I'm betting he would have been nobodies bitch

It was amost like they felt they had to down size Megs to even it up.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    If Megs saved Optimus, why did he axe Megs head off?

11. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I watched the movie again last night. I think some perspective needs to be had:

First, Megatron was VERY strong for over the first half of the film, up to when Sentinel Prime roughed him up a bit. This was a different Megatron than previous films - its by far his least physical appearence. This is Megatron the general, the schemer executing his plan to conquer the universe (so to speak), not the warrior as in the other 2 films.

After prime roughed him up a bit, we don't see him for like 45 minutes until Carly stumbles on him in an alley. There is a missing scene here or something, because the last time we saw Megatron, Sentinel reminded him that he isn't his servant, but didn't depose him or anything. I think if there had a been a bridge scene, the perception of "bitch" Megatron wouldn't be as strong, because really, up until Sentinel knocks him over, Megatron's plan just keeps working out and he is front and center to revel in it (remember "begone, insect operative, your work is done")

More broadly, what should have been the case would have to restored the original ending to Revenge of the Fallen where Optimus reveleaed to Megatron that the Fallen was lying to him, and Primes could only be born, not made (like Megatron wanted). Megatron in that ending, betrayed the Fallen for using him and helped Optimus kill him. It would have synced nicely with the end of DotM, with Megatron coming to realize that he's again, become a lackey for another Fallen-like figure, despite being leader of the Decepticons and doing most of the footwork.

Him recognizing how really similar the Fallen and Sentinel were would have given more resonance to his character arc.

12. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

Yes he was his "bitch" but he didn't have much of a choice. Him kicking the shit out of Sentinel made up for it and was by far my favorite part of the movie. I'm disappointed Optimus ripped his spine out with an axe, but they wanted to throw down, and they did

13. longhaulsub

longhaulsub Overseer of the Skuke

I can;t beleive he didn;t fist pound Carly into the concrete, lol. I was surprised to to see that Optimus would kill him after he saved his ass. Don;t worry, anything is possible in the TF universe, maybe the next movie, Dark Energon will bring most of the bots back to life. ;) 

I am a little upsted all the main villains got killed so easlily in one film, I mean, there is no one left to lead the Decepticons now.....

14. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Because Megatron saved Optimus to kill him by himself.
    Also, he didn't cared about Optimus in first place.
    He wanted to be the new ruler of the new Cybertron, so he kinda took Sentinel out of the way, which resulted in saving Optimus' life.

15. russf2004

russf2004 Member

I agree, it would have been a much better ending & nice tie in for Megatron to have turned on The Fallen at the end of ROTF. Would have worked well if Megs had realised that he was being used again, this time by Sentinel, & gone ape

It also really seemed that there was a missing scene between Sentinel roughing up Megs and Carly finding him drowning his sorrows

16. endless_abyss

endless_abyss Decepticon Knight

I think there was. Sentinel smooshed Megs face a little and then said something like to the extent of "I agreed to work with you, not for you"

17. endless_abyss

endless_abyss Decepticon Knight

I feel that Megatron's role was watered-down by time-cuts and editing. If Michael Bay actually took five minutes to explain Megatron's 'assumed' Ultimate Plan, he would have appeared more ominous.

-Use the Fallen to help find the Matrix.
    -Use the Matrix to revive Sentinel.
    -Allow Sentinel and the Fallen to kill eachother.
    -Obtain the Allspark to turn planet after planet into Cybertron-like dominion.
    -Rule the Universe.

And the final battle's length was probably up to the remaining production/budget/movie time. If they had a lot of time and budget left, then we probably would have had a better, longer battle between Megs and Optimus.

18. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I have said this quiet a few times, this was G1 Megatron at his very best. I think megatron's death was the only ending for Megatron, especially if prime tried to take on megatron 1 on 1 with one arm, optimus would have been killed. If prime never lost his arm, I think prime would have gone for another fight. When you see the brutal savage attack megatron done to sentinal, optimus had to do something to surprise megatron, because megatron at that point, he had the prime's in the palm of his hand.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Seriously?

Do people read their posts before hitting submit?

Show me one example of Movie Megatron ever crying "Decepticons retreat!"

At least he looked and acted dangerous, unlike G1 Megatron who has more defeats under his belt than Cobra Commander.

20. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah he let Optimus take that roll. :) 

*Fixed*