Megs character doesn't make sense after episode 24

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by grimmlock, Oct 2, 2011.

1. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ok, after seeing episode 24 and putting that together with movie Megatron, I find something completely out of sink with the essence of who Megatron is.

Megatrons of old in any transformers continuum have never been into sharing power. Any villainous leader wants power all to himself. The only time someone would be willing to share power is if they cannot completely acheive themselves on their own. And then ti will just be a matter of time before the mose ambitious one would kill the other.

But Megatron never wanted to share power with anyone. He wants all to himself and I find really hard to accept these new versions of Megatrons are so quick to kneel before a higher power and go from absolute leader, to servent. I don't buy that from a power hungry character.

I guess I have to wait and see more but I'm not liking the groveling of Megatron before Unicron. It's just too out of character for me. Hopefully he has another motive for doing what he did.

Also, I don't like them using human organs and parts to repsent machines. Heart, blood, brains, and veins have been used in TFP. these are Robotic beings, not human beings. Lets stick to spark, energon, CPU, and wires of some sort.

2. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to disagree with this one.

I'm kind of okay with Megatron's depiction. The guy practically named himself after one of Unicron's servants, Megatronus Prime. What better way to follow in his predecessor's footsteps than to serve his predecessor's master.

As for robots having organs, I'm also quite okay with that. If Unicron and Primus are brothers and life on Primeverse earth came in some way from Unicron, I think there are bound to be similarities. As for them being robotic life, a lot of robots designed on earth are made to emulate living creatures. At some point, there might really be a convergence. It kind of reminds me of BSG's 'skin job' Cylons. I'm quite okay with this.

3. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:

4. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, you'd need to check the aligned continuity's Exodus novel and Botcon 2010.

Megatronus Prime is considered the original name of the Fallen. One of the 13, the one who betrayed Primus.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread and this one share a commonality, any chance they could be merged?

I’ll say here what I said in the twin thread, the Dark Energon inside Megatron compels him do to things he probably wouldn’t normally do if he wasn’t under its influence. It’s pretty clear now that Unicron didn’t have Megatron do what he did—Unicron wants nothing to do with him—but we also know that Megatron is answering to the call of Dark Energon.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think using random robot parts for words is cheesy. Everytime Animated did it I cringed, had Megatron said AAURRGH I CAN HEAR POUNDING IN MY CPU it would've sounded REEAAAALY stupid.
    O
    More to the point, Prime Megatron is no idiot, Unicron is a god, of the legend, the blood of Unicron is related to him, if this was retarded g1 Megatron that simply yells NGAAH NO ONE COMMANDS ME it would've been out of character, but this is the same Megatron that admited he has made many mistakes, the same Megatron that has been fangasming over dark energon since episode 2, the same Megatron that admited Starscream's importance to the team in Partners... yeah, him bowing to Unicron makes sense and fits.

And even that scene, he still shows a different kind of arrogance, he tries to treat Unicron as some kind of partner, he already decided he is worthy of his power, he is lucky that Unicron didn't kill him for his insolence. That was like pretty much walking up to Satan and going "sup dude? lets go kill some humans, you, me, your blood, and a pack of beers oooh yeah"

7. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    ^totally agree

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, seems out of character with our historical Megatron perspective, but his character has evolved A LOT from the older series. This Megatron's actions seem on par with what has happened in the series so far. He is a druggie and finally met his dealer so to speak:lol 

Still, seems kinda weak to see him get on his knees and play the Starscream role:2c: . This Megatron seems to have more in common with a certain Dave Chappelle show character than other TF Megatrons:lol 

With that said, he is a good Megatron, but those calls of him being the greatest were obviously pre-mature:rip 

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well to be honest, this makes perfect sense to me. I mean if nothing else, Megatron wants to be on the winning team, and recognizes that he's got a better chance as Unicron's bitch than he does on his own or even as Prime's temporary equal. Then if/when the chance comes, he'll be in a better position to screw Unicron over. If he fails at it, then he'll be no worse off in the end than had he not tried at all because Unicron was probably gonna slag him anyways once his use had expired/once it became convenient.

I do like the drug dealer comparison, though. :) 

10. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

well, he could easily being acting to get something from Unicron... and finally betray him...remember, plot-twists twists everything xD

11. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    If Megatron is the unlikely ally of the next episode, this pretty much confirms he was only bowing for self gain, and now that daddy doesn't love him he does what Megatron usually does.

As in

he tries to kill him.

12. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sort of agree, but at the same time, I cringed when they were calling it Unicron's heartbeat, when spark has ALWAYS been the replacement for heart, but at the same time, sparkbeat doesn't really make sense.

I kinda think CPU or processor sounds less dramatic than brain, but I think 'Dark Energon flows through my circuits' doesn't lose any of the drama than 'veins'.

13. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

The factors with Megs and Unicron in Prime are...

Megatron now feels what it's like to be in Starscream's position. There will be more on this I'm sure.

He's not stupid. He knows Unicron would flatten him if he breathed the wrong way.
    Likewise Unicron knows if anyone could ever get the upper hand on him they would. Hence his disgust.

This was an unusual position for a near G1 Megs. But I think it fits with his character perfectly.

14. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

Well, it was a bit surprising to see Megatron acting like Starscream. It's probably because Unicron is basically a God, a deity figure in the story that all Cybertronian know and possibly learn to fear. Therefore he considered Unicron a worthy master.

15. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

I actually kind of agree with the original poster in regard to Megatron. It is all up to our personal opinions of course, but in my opinion, Megatron is the type of villain who would not grovel even in the face of Unicron. I think of Megatron as the type of fearless villain who would be defiant even in the face of such cosmic power level entities as Unicron and Primus.

16. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

At first I was facepalming at the idea of Unicron having a heartbeat that sounded exactly like a human heartbeat. But then I realized that if humans are Unicron's progeny, our heartbeat would naturally be patterned on his. His heart came first, and we're the copycats!

I think having human descended from Unicron takes away most of the weirdness of calling TF organs and body parts by organic names.

17. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    But WHY would he be defiant?

He wanted Unicron's power, wanted to be his herald, he wanted to get the power of a god and... you don't do that by spitting in his face. Megatron was simply using common sense really.

It was even obvious that he SUCKED at groveling, his voice sounded totally clueless of what he was doing, poor guy never learned ass-kissing 101 :p 

18. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

Spark as always been a replacement for soul, not heart. The only deviation from this is Airachnid's "be still my beating spark" comment, which was only done so the saying would flow better than something like "be still my beating energon fuel pump" would.

19. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Not to make this a religious discussion, but think of it this way - Megatron isn't wanting to serve Unicron the way a soldier follows orders of a higher-ranking officer. Megatron sees Unicron as a god, and he's wanting to score some brownie points so he can be the one to carry out Unicron's grand scheme. And in return, obtain more power than he can imagine.

In a way, Unicron is Satan, Megatron the Anti-Christ (or at least he wants to be).

20. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

very apt and excellent religion anology