Heavy/Scratch: Megatron's seeker nullrays with added bonus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Megatron31, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Update 7/18

These are now availible here http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/commissioner-listing-feedback/390263-megatrons31s-arms-depo.html

first is a shot of thrust with his new nullrays/missle launchers

[​IMG]

the rest of the pics are of the seaker nullrays for the orignal seekers slong witha comparison shot vs the missle launcher that originally came with the toy and lastly that the wing doesnt get in the way of point the nullray at their enemies, the strait tothe side pic is make the gun look warped and sagging but what you recieve will not be this way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for looking and pm me if you have any questions

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Brilliant!

3. Megatron31

Ebay:
    thanks im gonna take some better pictures tonight now that i figured out what was wrong with the settings

4. cuters

cuters Diabolist

nice they look good i would like a set for my thrust i picked some up from another board member for the rest of my seekers and i like them alot but yours look real good on thrust.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

these are fantastic. really cool

6. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Wow dude. And now I have to save up for 7 sets!

7. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ^ i do bulk discounts

and begins the long and tedious path of casting parts hahaha

when my wife gets off my phone i will take some better pics of the parts im not casting yet so you guys can get a better idea

8. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

those are so well done. I'm really blown away by them. They do seem a little bit, like if the seeker mold was a bigger deluxe they'd fit perfectly. Mind if I ask how you made the nozzles? i recall you saying something about using pencil sharpers, which i tried, but it did not work out, to say the least.

9. Megatron31

Ebay:
    better pics as promised

whisky its a funny story i actual used my drill as a lathe...... crazy stuff really

i took an oversized peice of styrene tube and clamped the drill on it like it where the drill bit and set it on the table. got a file and my sanding sticks and pulled the trigger on the drill and kept going till i got the desired shape and length i wanted for the cone. and i have to say it works much better than the pencil sharpener method

Attached Files:

10. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Cool bro. Those looks really good. I hope you can cast them, though i wonder about undercuts and how you're going to get around that. That said, i really like this, and i know there's going to be a mob knocking down your door for sets of these. Not to pester you, but if you do need it computer-ised, you know where to find me. :) 

To be honest, though, there is one thing that bugs me: the shoulder bit, where the ribbing is. It's too thin, imo. I would've preferred a more blocky one, though this is just a personal nitpick. Though that's offset by the sheer awesomeness that is the missile. It's orange, it's sleek, and it's going to be lodged in some poor Autobot's skidplate! :lolol 

Note to self: Drills =/= lathes :lol  j/k

Oh, and are you selling painted versions, or at least casts in different colours? Because i think that'd be really cool, if you could by them painted up and ready out-of-the-box. :)  Hell, you're making me want a set... my money... :( 

11. Megatron31

Ebay:
    the ribbing does look kinda skinny in these pics but it doesnt look like that in person, but i wanted it to be different than your design and anemis's. and your not pestering its great to have a 3d modeling guy in my corner.

glad you enjoyed the lathe idea it works like a champ

and i do will be offereing them up painted to match a variety of the colors availible from henkei and hasbro versions as i have a mix of both

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    cool!

13. Megatron31

Ebay:
    MOLDS are finished!!!!!

i have cast a couple of sets to work out the errors and airbubbles. but due to a camera malfunction (well my phone really bluetooth has quit working) i am unalbe to update with finished pics of the cast ones, or update my commissions section, as soon as i can get them off my phone i will update the first post and my commissions thread

until then they are availible and if you want a set PM me for more info

14. Megatron31

Ebay:
    So 4 hours later i emailed the pics to myself so i could post them up for you guys....

update on 1st post