Megatrons Revival *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tommo2k2, Jun 21, 2009.

1. tommo2k2

tommo2k2 New Member

Hi guys first time poster here. My memorys not the best but on the submarine radar wen ravage and the constructicons go down to megs there is 5 of them,then when they all come back up do they say there are 6 of them could this be a mistake or could it be blackouts revival aswell ? or am i imganing things lol

2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated Member

News Credits:
    Well I suppose the 6th one was Megatron???

But then.. they killed one of the decepticons for parts for megatron.. so it still should have been 5

3. Jazzrules

Jazzrules Geography Geek

News Credits:
    I think they do say 6 yeah. Could it be that The Doctor finds his own way up, rather than being transported by Ravage as he was on the way down? That would account for the 6th

4. blackhawk

blackhawk Well-Known Member

I've been wondering about this myself. When the concept art for Megs was first revealed, I was fairly sure he was supposed to look like they'd pieced him together from bits of Brawl and Whoever else was dunked in the abyss with them.

In the scene though, it happens quickly but it looks like once the Doctor reqeusts parts, three of the Constructicons turn on the forth and quickly rip him apart, so technically there should be 5 bots coming back up to the surface (3 Consctucticons, Ravs and Megs).

I think perhaps time and budget restraints have resulted in a situation where the intention was that Megs and Blackout were both remade with bits from Brawl etc, and 6 or 7 cons were supposed to return to the surface, but they couldn't do it that way in the end.

I also think budget contraints probably are the reason behind footage being re-used from the first film, and why there were so many Constructicons and protoform Cons in the final scenes.

5. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    sounds like they just made a stupid mistake and forgot to subtract 1 for the one that was ripped apart

6. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be awesome if when the DVD/Blu Ray is released in a few months, that one of the deleted scenes is Blackout being revived? That would explain A LOT!

7. PeterSkillenUK

PeterSkillenUK Well-Known Member

lazy continuity department...

8. tommo2k2

tommo2k2 New Member

That would be good but i think peterskillens right :( 

9. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blackout's dead. Grindor, who is near-identical to Blackout, is in the film. The sooner that is understood, the less your heads will hurt.

BTW, welcome to the boards! :) 

10. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

i see u have found another goof with the movie.

anyone would think they made the movie and didnt watch it first to make sure it made sense.

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    actually now that i think about it, it's jsut for ease.. they dont care about accurate maths, it's just easier to say

'there were 5, now there are 6'

rather than

'there were 5, then one of them disappeared, but then shortly after another blip appeared again, so there are still 5, but we have psychic powers so suspect that the 5th is actually a new one'

12. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks his revival was weird? He came back to life and it was like he immediately knew what to do and flew up straight to the Nemesis... I thought it was pretty weird.

13. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    My guess is :
    We all know that Megatron has been immobile for like about 2 long long years.
    Right after his revival from death, Megatron was really really in a big hurry to go to the Nemesis to use the bathroom.