Megatron's return

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Aug 2, 2008.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Megatron is out in space lost somewhere right? How do you think the writers will justify him coming back to Earth. There really is nothing there for him at all. The allspark is gone and his space-bridge wrecked. The only thing I can figure is that he would be consumed with revenge but this doesn't seam like that kinda Megatron. He has always treat the autobots as inconsequential so to get rescued and chase back to earth to kill them seams out of character.

I think I would like to see him slowly recruit cons through out the season and launch an attack on cybertron. Have Prime an his crew use the remaining allspark crystals to build a new ship or rebuild the space bridge. Prime would get there just in time to see Ultra Magnus fall

2. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    With earth being the focus of the show,
    Megs return there is inevitable.
    If he goes to cybertron right away,
    he'll have a fight on his hands,
    and he knows he's lost his advantage there.
    Best to return to backwater planet to
    plan, plot and regroup for next attempt.
    That, and a little unfinished business with a "minor" prime
    that's managed to beat him twice.

3. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Wishful thinking on my part, but I'm hoping for a season with half of the episodes revolving around Megatron and how he journeys around space to regain the resources to make any plan come to fruition (borrowed his vocab there).

He could stumble upon Swindle's stash, buy stuff from an alien market (like a tachyon transmitter?), corrupt some Autobots, go on skirmishes and pick up some Decepticons along the way.

Starscream could find himself out of the mess somehow some time after, recover his body (which probably got sucked into the space bridge as well), and attempt to build an army. He'd probably fail to garner respect, but he manages to free Swindle who'd be pissed Megatron took his stuff. They then form the Combaticons, a new faction, though Starscream only wishes to use them to take over the Decepticons forcefully.

4. Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35 Well-Known Member

He may run into Oil Slick out there and that will be atransport for him back to Earth

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Shockwave will locate Megatron and help bring him back to
    earth.

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:

Actually I was thinking what if the Starscream head was actually a clone!:eek: 
    WHILE Megs recovers and recruits
    The real one might still be hanging out in the remnants of the Con warship with the remaining clones. I think there were more than six clones at the end of "Fistful of Energon" Screamer uses the remaining clones to attack the Autobots who are off-guard. Thus, defeating them like how the Foot beat up the Ninja Turtles in the first live-action film. This causes them to retreat to the moon and use the Con warshipas base. (Double homage to G1 movie and Beast Machines). Starscream, his clones, Lugnut, Blitz, Scrapper, and Mix all take over Earth. The Bots must try to get Earth back from them with the help .

WHILE on Cybertron,
    Shockwave hires Lockdown to take down Magnus, Jazz, and SP. SP is defeated which causes Magnus and Jazz to go to exile. With that, Shockwave uses his Longarm identity to have Cybertron go against the "rebellious" Autobots on Earth as well as the Cons. This causes a four-way war between the Autobots, Megs, Starscream, and Shockwaveon both Earth and Cybertron.
    In the meantime, we find about Sari

Now this would be both epic and:bay 

7. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    wel, i was wondering where blurr & the extra screamer went too. it seems to me that with them scattered to different places through the bridge it leaves all sorts of scenarios open! and marty isenberg is such an excellent head writer, i am sure he has ideas in mind of how & why megs would return to earth. afterall, the allspark maybe broken, but still all over the earth in pieces....

8. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I've had this idea in my head that the third season should be about Megatron crashing down on Charr and meeting Quintessons. His major scheme being having the Quints engineer for him a Transformer that can rival Omega Supreme. Enter Trypticon or Scorponok.

9. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I have this idea of Soundwave coming back and leading the Earth Decepticons. After all, they said he'd be coming back in a big way.

Maybe Shockwave could pick up Megatron (and Starscream's head).

10. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I don't think it's out of the question at all that Megatron could be motivated by desire for revenge against Optimus, and that would drive him to return to Earth. But I think he'd first be concerned with figuring out where he is now--maybe stumble across a space station, get info from the inhabitants, then wipe them out and use their station as a temporary base or transport.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm all for Megatron hooking up with other Decepticons, then launching an attack on Cybertron. This is probably wishful thinking, but I'd like to see him rendezvous with other Decepticon warlords of his stature - Animated Scorponok, Thunderwing or Overlord, perhaps. He'd of course have to grudgingly put aside any possible rivalry with/dislike for them to do so - this would make for lots of drama, in my opinion.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind not seeing him for the entire season, until the finale.

In the finale, the Elite Guard ship lands, and battered Autobots get out, UM telling the tale on how Cybertron was lost to Megatron and how the Elite Guard and scattered Autobots, with Earth as their new base, start working in season four to reclaim Cybertron from the Decepticons, while a wary Earth isn't sure what to make of the sudden influx of giant shape changing alien robots using Earth as HQ of an intergalactic battle.

13. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I forsee Shockwave/Longarm prime playing two roles, one of them is getting the Decepticons ready to spearhead Megatron's plan B should he not have been successful with getting the AllSpark. The total destabilization of Cybertron.

With Shockwave in control, he could secretly gather Decepticons and rogue bounty hunters (Oil Slick and Lockdown) to destroy/disperse Ultra Magnus and his crew. From there, the "scattered" Decepticons would gather up and take out MOST of the Autobots on Cybertron, regaining control of Cybertron in the process. On Earth, Shockwave would "revive" the Decepticons there to "join the cause." The remaining, surviving Autobots on Cybertron would try to fight, while a splinter group would secretly escape to Earth to alert Optimus Prime about the oncoming and impeding Decepticon invasion of Earth, while the main group is fighting Soundwave and whoever else shows up (like Swindle, who'd be reactivated thanks to Soundwave).

Meanwhile, we learn what Sari is. She is a combination of both human tissue, and Cybertronian technology. Yes, she is his daughter in that he used some of his own tissue to make her skin but she has no mother. The causes Sari to distrust ALL robots for awhile and she runs away to be captured by Swindle. We'd also find out about the Elite Guard flagship (with UM, SP and Jazz) crash landing on the Moon in an evasive attempt to get away from the barrage of bounty hunter ships attacking them from all angles, with each one trying to get the bounty. The only one who directly manages to follow them (Bobba Fett style) would be Oil Slick and his personal craft.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  14. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

U-ni-cron! U-ni-cron! U-ni-cron!

No, not really. What I thought, is that Waspinator want's to be a great decepticon, so he finds Megs and Starscream floating in space, so he rescues starscream and Megatron to learn how to be the greatest Decepticon. Somehow Skywarp and Thunder cracker would float back to wasp and also be rescued. Blurr escapes.We'd get a comedy episode of Wasp being taught by Starscream, and then a return episode where Megatron, (or Galvatron,) Forms the neo-decepticons!

Swindle, Shockwave, Soundwave, Lugnut, Blitzwing form the neo-Decepticons, While Starscream forms his own legion made up of

Thundercracker, Skywarp, Sunstorm, maybe Ramjet, Femmescream, and Waspinator.

Season three would get crazy with three warring factions, silly wasp bots, guitar solos, and more stuff!

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:

This is what I was thinking when I did my post on the last page.

16. Autobot Blitz

Autobot Blitz Serial teleporter

Ah, writers are a clever bunch of people; they'll figure out a way to bring Megs back to Earth somehow.

Personally, I just kind of invision him floating around in space at the moment, but I imagine that he'll want to get back at Optimus and his crew for sending him there in the first place. I think Longarm Prime/Shockwave'll (or someone equally as devoted to the 'wise and brilliant leader' of the 'Cons...) probably send out a galaxy-wide search for him while the remaining 'Cons on Earth do random crimes to keep the Autobots busy and guessing.

Maybe Megs'll do a recruiting tour before going back. It'd be nice to see some new Decepticons.