Megatron's opportunities to destroy Starscream...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    Prime Problem... he could have let Star enter the crystal crevice.

RE: Skywarp- in chapter 2 of More than Meets when Megs told him to revive the other Deceps, if he ordered Sky to leave Starscream, do you think Skywarp would have done so?
    1st opportunity actually.

Of course all of you could say Star could have been left on Cybertron.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    I'd say any given episode of the first two seasons was a chance for Megs to off Starscream. But to be fair, Starscream had his fair share of chances to kill off Megatron which he either didn't take advantage of or was too stupid to pull it off.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They too much in love to really try for the kill, or so all the fanfiction would lead me to believe.

4. sanbot

sanbot Member

I can't help but think that they both secretly get a kick out of their rivalry (for lack of better term) to the extent that their relationship is complimentary. If they were to kill each other off then:
    * Megs would have no one to keep him on his toes with all those constant attempts at backstabbing which would in term take some edge off his ruthlessness which would not make him into the character that everyone loves or hates so much.
    * SS would have nothing else to aspire to. Once he reaches the top he wouldn't know what to do with himself. Most probably he'd screw everything up for the decepticons and then wonder why he even coveted Megs position in the first case.

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Rule 34 rears it's ugly head yet again...

6. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Surely Starscream is the epitome of the Decepticon philosophy. Betrayal, conspiracy (if very thinly veiled), and murder in the pursuit of ultimate power. Why would Megatron really want to kill a creation that so embodies his ideals. Also, the Decepticon operate on a system whereby the strongest rules; none of the other Decepticons apart from Starscream have ever been shown to be willing to challenge Megatron and thus allow him to prove his leadership credentials. In such a combative system, having an ever-present and ever-willing challenger to your throne is necessary in order to ensure your continued hegemony.

7. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers &amp;amp;amp; Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    Skywarp or Scavenger for Decepticon leader.

8. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

In the episode Enter The Nightbird if Starscream never went to help the Autobots in the end i am pretty sure Megs and Nightbird would of destroyed the Autobots.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

They're like a married couple. Sure, they have fights now and again, but deep down they love each other really :D 

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    ...til death they do part :D 

11. star_ling

star_ling Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Don't you mean they love each other to death?

Haha. yeah in any other tv show in which they weren't giant robots, they would totally be together. Wonder which one would be the girl? :wink: 

12. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Did you really need to even ask that question? ;) 

[​IMG]

Back on subject, in "Hoist Goes Hollywood", Megatron beats the crap out of Starscream and ends up deactivating him after ripping some circuitry right out of his chest. As the observant on the TFWiki have noted, Starscream wasn't seen again for several episodes after that, suggesting that Megatron really messed him up that time.