Megatron's "new" look, nothing new?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Molini, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

I always felt like Movie designs were somehow trying to pay homage to as many of the TF lines as possible. Now I'm convinced that Beast Wars is one of them with this Leader ROTF Movie Megatron. I posted this in the rumors section in a thread that was already 19 pages long and felt this deserved discussion.

There was so much hate on his gimpy left arm that I just had to bring it up.

Small left arm- Check
    Huge right murder arm- Check
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hell even the Sideways figure reminds me of Insecticon Kickback. Any others?

2. Monbackey

Monbackey Member

Kinda looks like a crab in the movie form. Big pincher, tiny pincher.

3. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Megatron just has an obvious masturbation problem. Leave him alone.

4. Razorbeast

Razorbeast With Love and Squalor

I like hwo much smoother this design looks after the whole pointy/sharp edged jumble-o'stuff from TF1.

Huge right murder arms FTW!

5. Molini

Based on the Leader class toy, it looks to me like this is just his CQC mode. That blade retracts and then slides back up his arm along with that bottom hooked thumb claw thingy revealing the fusion cannon. I think that's awesome!

6. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    That's not the final image that's concept art. It's like saying movie megs looks like this.
    What he will look like is this.
    [​IMG]
    And we don't even know what his face looks like yet on his toy.

7. Molini

I appreciate your attempt at being informative, however, I'm already aware of that pic. My point in this thread is that his "CQC" form reminds me of BW Megatron and that I think it's cool that the movie designs obviously had the intentions of paying subtle homages to other toy lines as a nod to the fans.

He will have the form I've posted in the movie when in battle at some point. And if he doesn't, it's definitely on the toy. Besides, who wants a Megatron toy that doesn't have a cannon or some sort of battle mode? It would have been cool if they made the cannon arm removable and included the regular arm in the box too to make them interchangeable. Now that would have done the trick!

8. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

There are a few improvements over the TF1 Megatron, with his firepower being more visually evident (traditional Megatron intimidation factor), more armour plating and a much more appropriate alt.mode. However as regards the OP, I wish they'd used more G1 and G2 influence in his design instead, mostly in the head, upper body, and arm cannon areas, with an earthern tank form too.

9. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    I kinda do see a resemblance between the Beast Wars Megatron and the Concept art for Movie Megatron. I also thought they made a vauge reference to G1-Megatron somewhere in the design of Megatron in the fist TF Movie (His head, specifically)?

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can it be BW, Armada, Go-Bots, I don't care, I just know I love that design.

hell I'm even excited for his legends toy! Imagine: display with The Fallen, Megatron, Starscream in both main and legends forms! GLORIOUS!

11. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

I think his new look is alot better.
    in the first movie he came across as unstopable he had jets shooting multiple missles at him and all they did was knock him down when they shot blackout like that he lasted all of 5 seconds.and also his alien jet mode was to powerfull interstella travel without going into protoform is pretty impressive. so now hopefully he is land based and isint dropping out of the sky everywhere.
    with all the extra armor plating he looks more g1ish.
    i just pray they dont leave it till the end of the movie to bring him back. leave that for the fallen.

12. Hydrobot

Hydrobot Super Ginrai!

I agree that he look's ALOT better. His thighs, chest, and arms seem much more protected.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't get what all the bitching is about. Most Megatrons' right arms have been larger than the left, wether it be because of the gigantic fusion cannon, or a dinosaur's head.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    That's what he's gonna look like? I can understand some of the more unorthodox designs, but he doesn't even have a torso! And his legs are the word "Transformers" Lame.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not sure if serious...

:p 

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a G2 nod! Don't you remember Optimus Prime's OPTIMUS PRIME trailer to make sure that you knew he was OPTIMUS PRIME?

17. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Well said.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sort of looks like they drew on several versions of Megatron for the new movie look.

There is that strong Beast Wars look with the large weapon making the other arm look kind of small.

He's got a tank mode which seems to be another nod back to past Megatrons.

Sadly though he's still got those first movie fingers. In all the stuff they were changing up I really wish they would have gotten rid of the strange looks like they would just break off in a fight fingers and have given him some proper tyrant fingers instead. A nice fist in case they decided Prime and Megatron needed to punch the nuts and bolts out of each other at some point in the film.

19. Molini

Thank you for understanding my point in this thread. And I agree with you about the fingers. I'd love to see Megs ball up a fist and slug it out with Prime at least once. Looks like instead we'll get clashing blades.

Otherwise, I'm really liking ROTF Megatron.

20. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always thought he was totally designed after Transtech, but the Beast Wars homage is there, too. If he says "Yessssss", I will stand up in the theater and applaud.