Megatron's Master Plans for Season 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by skylinezan, Apr 3, 2012.

1. skylinezan

skylinezan Well-Known Member

Megatron's objectives and goals include (but not limited to) rule the universe and destroy the remaining Autobots.

in season 1, Megatron's master plan includes:
    1. harvesting all Energon on earth and gathering Dark Energon to revive his undead army
    2. using the Space Bridge to get the undead army from Cybertron to Earth
    3. fulfil the '42 planets alignment' ancient prophecy
    4. teaming up with Unicron to conquer the world (once he discovered Unicron is on Earth)
    5. destroying or putting Unicron in stasis by any means necessary
    6. tie up loose ends (see 'Rock Bottom')

so far in season 2, Megatron:
    1. manipulated Optimus/Orion to do his bidding for Project Iacon
    2. tried to end the Primes (see 'Orion Pax' part 3)
    3. grabbed Cybertron's relics (including the hammer he couldn't use)
    4. to continue to tie up loose ends and weed out traitors

so my questions is:
    in your opinion, what is Megatron's master plan to achieve his goals and objectives this season?

honestly, I think he's (ehem... the writers) just making things up as he goes.

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

Megatron doesn't have a master plan, he just likes being an ass to everyone and everything.

3. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Airachnid mentioned in Crossfire that there are more encrypted coordinates from Project Iacon that Soundwave is decoding.

So there will likely be more shen gong wu... er... artifacts being found.

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^^ I second. ^^

Plus, I don't think he really has one, just yet.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  5. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Megatron's Master Plan in season two? It's to have Thrust some how not make it back to Autobot headquarters before Chip Chase, even though he's a fricken jet and Chip Chase is in a wheelchair. Oh wait, sorry. Wrong show.

I don't think he has any master plan. I get the feel the army of Insecticons are gonna play pretty much the same role that Unicron did in season one. The Autobots and Decepticons will have to team up to fight them all.

6. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    i feel like Megatron is still trying to get his stuff together after being 'dead' from the space bridge explosion

7. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Theres something on earth Megatron wants...he knows its here just not where. Its why he wants the Iacon Archives decoded so bad.
    It may very well be a combiner team or something to be able to make a combiner

8. Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While it isn't clear what Megatron's master plan is, I don't think he is making things up as he goes along.

After Unicron was stopped he took advantage of Optimus' memory loss to begin work on Project Iacon, and this remains his goal now. After Optimus realized who he was Megatron didn't forget the project, it is now Soundwave's duty to decode what remains in the database... so... what will he find? That's the question.

I know this has not been specifically stated in the show, but I feel that there was a reason the Decepticons came to Earth. I believe the Autobots were drawn there becasue they were chasing Megatron and the Decepticons across the galaxy, in an attempt to prevent them from destroying anymore worlds. I think Megatron learned something during the War for Cybertron, and is trying to uncover something important.

To speculate even further, having nothing to go on, perhaps the High Council (or whoever would have been in charge of dumping the ancient artifacts) knew Earth was Unicron. Perhaps the reason they shuttled the artifacts to Earth was because it was the one place no sane Cybertronian would dare go looking... if they believed the legends of Unicron and Primus.

9. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Seasons 2's master plan... Artifact hunt!

Sound soooo exiting

10. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

Potentially the insecticons? Not having his massive undead army, an army of insecticons would suffice I'd think given the fight they put up. Plus he clearly assumed they would immediately be subservient prior to learning of Airachnid's control.

11. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

When we last left off on our exciting journey, Megatron and his new comrades stumbled across a Who-Ga-Mit-Gig lying in a open canyon.

Megatron: Huh?

Dreadwing: Pika Pika?

Megatron: Soundwave, what is it?

Soundwave: *Pokedex voice* Who-Ga-Mit-Gig. A land-based artifact. Causes entire land masses to explode for unexplained reasons. Proved quite useful for head-on attacks.

Megatron: Oh boy! I can't watch to catch this-

Arcee/Bulkhead: Stop!

Megatron: Oh geez, not-

Arcee/Bulkhead: Team Prime!

Arcee: Prepare for trouble!

Bulkhead: Make it double!

Arcee: To protect the world from devastation

Bulkhead: To unite all peopl-uh..where'd they go?

*Meanwhile on the Nemesis*

Megatron: Idiotic Autobots! The artifact is mine! And I gotta catch them all!!

12. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Unfortunatly, I see 75% of season 2 being this.

But you forgot every Vehicon dying, though.

13. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

I dont think he has any huge objective other than general conquest. Earth has a large supply of energon and other random artifacts of use so i think his current goal is to just stock up before trying any major offensive.

Hes content to stay hidden and get as much as he can out of the current situation. Autobots dont want to reveal themselves and have limited numbers meaning he has a chance to try and build a huge advantage for his army and once there is nothing of benefit left to claim he will focus on calling in the other decepticons and winning the war.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Given the new rules about spoilers up in place--no spoilers without tags for at least a week after the episode airs--what's with spoiler tags on season 1 info?

Megatron never really had a plan in season one either.

It was said that he was away to gather an army, when it was later revealed that he actually has an army (one that doesn't appear to be shrinking despite the many casualties the Decepticons face episode after episode).

His endgame, is to rule this world and to crush every Autobot. Beyond that, there is nothing else to the man. He's a pretty simple guy--he was a gladiator, what more should we expect?

15. skylinezan

spoiler tags

sorry sir, I didn't know about this new rule. I thought there are others who have yet to see the whole Season 1 - like some of my friends just started watching TFP.

16. skylinezan

I loved your interpretation of the whole series so far. come to think of it, it DOES make sense why the artifacts are here on Earth.

thank you so much Ultra Magnotron!

17. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

:lolol 

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No need to apologize, I was just pointing out that with the new rules, that you didn't have to use them for season one.

19. skylinezan

Transformed, you sir, are what we Asians call an honorable man. btw, I totally agree with this point that you brought up:

Megatron is a simple guy with simple needs and simple wants. and given his previous job experience (gladiator/politician that continues to kick ass), it's totally understandable.

20. skylinezan

btw guys, thank you for the comments and viewpoints. as this is my first thread (EVER!) and I am a bit nervous about "hosting" an online discussion.