Megatron's Master Plan

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

As I was watching that episode, I realized and I was confused as I was wondering when The Autobots where banned from Earth and were on their way towards the Sun. When Megatron locked Teletraan-1 in and couldn't respond, why didn't the asked Skyfire to bring them back to Earth? Where was he? If he was in the same Shuttle he could of easily transformed and carry The Autobots back.

Thanks

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    He was lost in a plothole.

The Thing you have to remember about Skyfire/Jetfire is his figure created issues for Takara and hasbro as a competitor Bandai acquired the molds for the Macross/Robotech toy line including the one Jetfire/Skyfire was made from. As such they weren't too keen on featuring the character the toy was based on in the show and after Omega Supreme was added in season 2 Skyfire/Jetfire vanished with out reason or excuse.

My personal cannon for his fate is that he served on as a scientist behind the scenes and left the war behind.

3. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I think I remebered seeing Skyfire somewhere in Season 2 but I forgot which episode

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, I know he appeared in Attack of the Autobots.

Edit: According to his TFwiki article, he was in The immobilizer and Day of the Machines,

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Day of the machines, which i forgot about but that was his last hurrah unless you count a look like appearing in season 3 very briefly.

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Skyfire had deliberately been written out of the series by this point, so his lack of appearance here really isn't really an error, but a result of policy. Compare that with the Dinobots' inexplicable absence, on the other hand.

7. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

As a kid I always figured that Skyfire was a deserter off screen.
    After all, he was into science and not war.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

I think someone who looks startlingly like Skyfire was blown up during "Dark Awakening" I know you can see Aerialbots getting murdered wholesale.

10. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Skyfire could have been on a mission around that time, maybe he was the one who helped convince Omega Supreme to come to Earth. Or he was with the Dinobots, who where also absent (except for Grimlock's wing in a crowd shot, but the Dinobots could have just left to attack the Decepticons or just busy)

I would have had maybe a GI Joe cameo in the second part, like have Ace leading the jet squadron against the Decepticon Jets. Or have Duke rallying ground forces around a perimeter before the Autobots returned