megatron's idw origins and ivan drago

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jul 29, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people when it comes to megatrons origins character wise in the idw g1 mythos

he came to exist as a byproduct of the government corruption that existed in autobot cybertronian society at the time.

he has so far gone from being a off world energon miner to being a low level criminal turned thug who is currently working his way up through the ranks as a member ofthe criminal element.

now when it comes to ivan dragos origins in the novle to rocky 4 it states that as a youth he started out as a member of a gan who over time managed to work his way up through the ranks in the criminal underworld until he eventually wound up serving hard tie performing back breaking work as a miner before he went on to become a fighter.

now is it just me or is megatrons origins an almost complete reversal of ivan's?

me i can not truthfully say that i am the slightest bit surprised when it comes to the fact that both as victims are byproducts of government corruption and both are a living example of the whole might makes right mentality.

if anything megs always struck me as being in some small part a take on the soviet general

2. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Wow, they were both miners.

Seriously, that's all I see.

3. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

woah now thats perspective!
    (*homage to Ratatouille*)
    thats a cool connection but I don't really remmeber drago's childhood being mentioned in the movie... but then again that was a long time ago

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

drago's character background and past were revealed in some part when it comes to the movie novel itself as i happen to have a copy of it .

me i always figured that one could see ivan drago as being a human take on megatron in some small part especially when it comes to the whole might makes right mentality

5. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Megs is Drago, then is Optimus Apollo Creed since he died fighting Megs???

Well, they do kind of dress alike...

"If he dies... he dies."