Megatron's final words

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by super mecha, Jul 3, 2011.

1. super mecha

super mecha Well-Known Member

I dont know if people have taken note on this but judging from what people here are saying. Most of us believe that megatron was talking to Optimus when he asked for a truce.

If you take a look at the scene

Meg:"no, we need a truce. all i want is to be in charge. besides who would you be without me prime"

As Megatron says this he points in sentinals direction while sentinal crawls away

optimus prime" time to find out"

The idea behind that is that when optimus prime said his line, he was refering to what sentinal would be if megatron was gone. Megatron clearly still had evil intentions and was not asking optimus for a truce, he was asking sentinal for a truce.

Does this put a new spin on things?

Btw i took reference from a boot leg copy that i may or may not have gotten after i watched it in theaters so i am 98 percent sure

2. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure he thought he killed Sentinel, but interesting idea.

lol

3. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sometimes it's really easy to overlook that there was another Prime there.

4. super mecha

Sentinal Prime was crawling on the ground druing megatrons dialouge, so optimus should have knew that he was still alive

5. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Hmm... I really need to see this again. You have me intrigued.

6. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he meant that Megatron thought that he had killed Sentinel. As for the theory, it's an intriguing idea.

7. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    Indeed, I meant Megatron.

8. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Hm. I'll have to investigate this. Thank you, for giving me another excuse to see this movie again!

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I took it to be more directed towards Optimus because of the implications the line has if you look at the relationship Optimus has always had to Megatron throughout Transformers in general, not just the movies. Optimus may be the big bad ass-kicking truck and leader of the Autobots, but he's only so much the super good guy because Megatron is there to counter-balance all of that by being the super-bad guy leader of the Decepticons.

There was a lot of nods to the old G1 series and the legacy of Transformers in general during the final parts of DOTM. When "Que" gets shot, Bumblebee says something about him being his oldest friend. The first two Transformers ever seen in the old G1 cartoon were Wheeljack (who Que pretty much seems to be intended to be like, he did invent the bombs that didn't work all the time, which is totally like something Wheeljack would make) and Bumblebee. The last time Bumblebee transforms, the last time any robot does so in the trilogy, he also makes the original transforming noise in leu of what was usually used during the movies proper (save the first time Bumblebee transformed, which also was the G1 sound). Oh, and of course the Axe that Prime whips out in the last fight is obviously a nod to the weapon used in MTMTE when Prime fights Megatron and never seen again afterwards in the show. It only makes sense that Megatron's line is a reference to how he and Prime will always need each other to be who they are.

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I have to admit, Megatron calling for a truce shocked me. Prime's response shocked me even more. :D 

11. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Also, I think (to avoid confusion), they referred to Optimus as either "Prime" or "Optimus", and referred to SP as merely "Sentinel" or "Sentinel Prime".

I think that comment made sense. Did it make sense to anyone else?

12. super mecha

I believe that megatron showed evil intentions because he wanted to be back in charge. If megatron shown some good will then it could have ended almost like the novel with optimus trying to reason with megatron. However seeing as megatron clearly still wants to be in power over something, optimus sees that as a threat.

13. megachin

megachin Banned

This is what Im thinking too, obviously megs going to betray him again, he started the war, kill jazz, let waste on a city, kill everybody, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah Megs just die you bastard

going to go watch it again for the 7th time
    FUCK YEAH can't get enough of this movie.

Megs last words very epic.

14. tjgoaliedad30

tjgoaliedad30 Member

Wow, I thought the same thing! Also after seeing it 3x in theaters and watching the final scene "somewhere else" another 10x. Looks almost like Megs doesn't acknoledge OP as a threat at the moment and he catches him off guard because of it

15. super mecha

another point is that when when megatron says he wants to be back in charge we can asume two positions:

He was talking to sentinal. Megatron did not want to be "sentinals bitch." however he still needs sentinal in order to hold the power and reistablish cybertron

Or he could be talking to optimus. Megatron just wants to be in control of the decepticons in general. however he would still be the leader of the deceticons and thus still a threat

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Makes sense to me

17. AMG

AMG Old School

Megatron is working with Sentinel, why would he ask him for a truce?

18. super mecha

Megatron asked for a truce because he did not want to fight over leader ship of the decepticons. He did not want to be "sentinals bitch"

19. AMG

AMG Old School

Sentinel was helpless after Megatron beat him down. Megatron could have just killed him, no need to ask him for a truce.

20. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He was jokingly asking Optimus for a truce because Optimus was missing an arm and battle damaged, where as Megatron was fresh. Megatron then said "where would you be without me?" to Optimus, thinking that Optimus would not kill him because Prime has never tried to kill him, but then Prime proved him wrong by killing him.