Heavy/Scratch: Megatron's Elbow tutorial

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Thlaylie, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Thlaylie

Thlaylie Active Member

Ok, first save the pic to your computer and blow it up until all you see is the upper arm and the top of lower arm.
    The Black outline is one of Brawls shoulder joints, red lines indicate the inside walls of the arms, greenish yellow are screws, and purple is the outline of the shooting mechanism piece.

First, cut Megatrons arm at the infamouse "triangular piece" area and remove that bit. Next, with an exacto knife shave the inside top of the shooting mechanism on the lower arm until it is flush with the inside of the recess at the bottom of Brawl's shoulder joint in this pic. ( You do not have to take Megatron's lower arm apart at all!) Now brawl's shoulder joint will socket into this recess as shown. I used a pin vise to drill 2 holes for 2 of Braw'ls longer screws in yellow in this pic to secure the joint. You have to use 2 screws as Brawl's shoulder joint will split if you drill just one. The shooting mechanism is stiffer, but will still work fine.

Now, Take Megatrons upper arm apart. Cut away the lower screw tube on both sides. Back the screw in the top of Brawl's shoulder joint out about 1/32 inch or the thickness of Megatron's upper arm inside reinforcement bulkhead shown at the top of Brawl's shoulder joint in Red in this pic. Notch the bulkhead on both sides of the arm to accomodate the joint's screw. Now put the upper arm back together with the remaining screw. This will hold the joint, but not securely so I took a small rectangular piece of black plastic from each of Brawl's rake things and drilled 2 holes with my pin vise in each and installed them where the little black rectangles are in this pic to hold the bottom of the upper arm together. Paint the screws black after. Now this joint is super sturdy, bends and ratchet rotates:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. hunterelf

hunterelf Decepticon

omg ! thanks sooo much !!!
    how would u rate this custom ? hard , medium or easy ??