Megatron's Arm Cannon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by airgasworker, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Don't be such a geewunner! We're doing a total break from the past! This is a totally new universe of TFs. I'm sorry about your raped childhood, but just because Megatron DIDN'T have an Arm Cannon before doesn't mean he CAN'T have one now!

Lets break from that long history of having no arm cannons to now having arm cannons!

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Sarcasm REALLY isn't your strong point.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's starting to sound like he got the same problem as TFA Blitzwing, except worse.

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

WoW dude, you took me like really literally, didn't you? Haha!
    How about I amend my previous post to 'really big cannon'?
    All of the really good Megatron's had really big cannons. Some mounted on their arms, others on there shoulders, and some integrated into their arms.
    How's that, are you happy now? Now can avoid any future 'foot in mouth' problems?

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Eh, if they can make it work somewhat like how Ironhide's cannons did in the first movie, I'd be ok with it, but something about the idea of one of his arms always having this huge cannon attached to the side of it just doesn't seem right for the Movies. I'd much rather have him keep his current set up where his arms come together to form the cannon.

6. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Lol.

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    a more powerful cannon though. he was lord high protector or something on cybertron, so it makes sense that he has something that's effective as crowd control, but one would assume he'd tweak it to make it more powerful once he got a jonesing for the allspark

8. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

What I thought was the irony in you hating all that are supposed "geewunners" and then arguing FOR something because thats the way its always been. Thats what got me laughing. You started off by talking of nerdrage and raped childhoods and then you yourself use an argument that supposedly most Megatrons didn't have arm cannons so that justifies movie Megatron not having one.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I can see him tweaking it, but I just don't think an arm cannon that's permanently just an arm cannon, and doesn't transform back into his arm to add bulk to it while he's not firing it, just doesn't make sense in the movie universe, imo. It works for the cartoons and comics, but for the movies I'd rather him, and others as well, keep their weapons as a part of their actual bodies while not in use.

10. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    You guys make me laugh when you argue over arm cannons and stuff...

11. transmetal2dinobot

Ebay:
    i'll arm cannon you

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I agree an arm canon would have looked much cooler on him. Hell if Ironhide can keep those two monsters on his skinny arms, Megatron should be able to hide one in one of his massive arms.

Aside from that, I think his breakout scene would have been better if he'd broken his ice and instead of flailing around, pointed an arm canon at the assembled humans and fired it, remarking that he still functioned.

13. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

best cannons in the movie?

Best cannons in the movie? Those would belong to Megan Fox.

14. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Win.

15. transmetal2dinobot

Ebay:
    awwwright

16. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Yet it seems whichever universe you're in, Superion33 is always a sarcastic jerk...

17. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I find it rather hilarious. Cause if there is one thing Im a little tired of is how every single character from the Movie has to be SOOO BAD ASSSS. I never liked Transformers because every character was bad ass, you know some characters have to be some what normal maybe even a little plain or what not. Otherwise whats the appeal of the truly Bad Ass characters.

I liken it to something like if someone went to make a movie about your lives and they replaced u and your family with a bunch of actor like arnold schwarzenegger and angelina jolie like actors. Im sure it would be all Bad ASSY but it wouldnt be a good movie about you or your families hell most likely it wouldnt even be a good movie LOL.

Im just saying you all have to take your BAD ASSERY in moderation. :) 

And yes on Megs gun because that thing has to be bad ass and imposing its a friggin ICON for Transformers all together. Its about as iconic as a Red Semi Truck.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Does seem like they went a bit overboard with everyone needs to be the most bad ass warrior ever. Almost like a movie where all the good guys were played by Chuck Norris.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Well you know, they have been fighting a war for a few million years. The pencil-pushers and pacifists got weeded out a long time ago.

20. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Does "loud" have meaning meaning if there is no "soft"?