Minor/Repaint: Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Carpool, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Megatron was decimated. Optimus prime had won and Megatrons spark nearly extinguished. Starscream gives the order to retreat but certain decepticons still loyal to the cause did not abandon him in his time of need. A symbol...of strength through tyranny and action. To those loyal few that symbol deserved to be preserved. The constructicons with their new, more advanced bodies, formed the Yellow Giant Devastator and with the combined might of Bruticus held the Autobots at bay while the loyalists retreated to a hidden location within the ruins of old Cybertron with Megatrons body in almost stasis lock. The constructicons worked feverishly to restore their lord to his rightful state. His original body was in a state of absolute disrepair and with the parts from a museum and various prisoners "useful" parts the Constructicons managed to rebuild and reactivate their leader. As his weapon was once powered by an exploding star, now his body would be powered by a supernova. Fire burns within his spark. An exploding never ending hatred for his nemesis. Awaiting in hiding for his chance at revenge, first on Starscream and his brand of "Decepticons" and finally....the Autobots.

IMG_20120826_005104.jpg

IMG_20120826_005135.jpg

IMG_20120826_005200.jpg

IMG_20120826_005216.jpg

IMG_20120826_013649.jpg

IMG_20120826_013708.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Carpool

I love Megatron. I also loved the Jin Satome Megatron with this same design in mind. I wanted to be different though and not do a simple gray and silver G-1 repaint. I used an oily bronze color that in real life is so fu--ing pretty! The head came from a KO Megatron tank bot from an equally generic KO two pack. This is the first time Ive ever tried a "Glow" effect so please be gentle. Hes still drying a bit but Im going to make an arm cannon for him soon. More to come later. Comments are appreciated and devoured with coffee and a scone so peace out sukkas. For the Horde!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kenjo_Cybertron

Kenjo_Cybertron Stalk him, tear him apart

I really like the backstory but the pics are kinda blurry...
    I like the hulk as megatron though, megatron should be bulky and brutish

4. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The glow effect isn't too bad really. Just like everything else, you have to try and learn before you can master. The only thing I see is, I don't know if it's the light of the picture or the way it's painted, but you might want to go over the red on the left foot a bit again to bring it out. The right foot red lines look brighter. Other than that, good job :) 

5. HaZe

HaZe Well-Known Member

I love it. Looks sweet.

6. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz I LIVE

News Credits:
    Nice back story and good job

7. Carpool

Thanks. I intend to do touch up painting and take better pics. I do what I can with what I have. Cell phone pics are as good as I can get right now as my camera has gone "missing".

8. winstonojo

winstonojo Primal

Ebay:
    Like it. I always thought this figure resembles a DW comics' Cybertron Grimlock tank mode.

9. Carpool

Thanks for looking. I dont know why but, I got notified that someone liked this post. Its really cool that its still floating around. Im not into customizing anymore. Im still into Transformers and collect what I can but life has changed. Im trying to be an artist of the comic variety nowadays.
    Keep bashing and keep painting! I still like to look at all the cool stuff yall make! Have a great one.

10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I like his gorilla-like physique, it makes him savage and powerful.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cerebros Lagann

Cerebros Lagann Member

I love how this makes him parallel the fallen, what with the burning inner core. I don’t like the aligned continuities idea of making Optimus one of the original 13 reincarnated but I do like Optimus and megatron being a sort of symbolic repetition of history

12. Rafael_Oliveira

Rafael_Oliveira Oliver Raf Studio

Good seeing a classic custom recipe being used nowadays! Crossovers Hulk bodies tend to be a great base for different "big" characters, but sure makes a intimidating look when it comes to Megatron.