1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Is the reason that Megatron never became a Prime and thought Orion betrayed him the reason that he started the war, became evil, and hates Optimus with a passion even though Optimus never really betrayed him?

So has he just been pissed off for millenia?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's so much that he wasn't chosen as a Prime, it's just that he realized him and Optimus have different views on how Cybertron should be run, and wanted things his way. He may have also felt betrayed by Optimus because he thought they shared the same views.

3. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I would've liked to see Megatron become a Prime. For all we know, his ideas could've been genius.

He just doesn't take rejection well.

4. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    It was Megatron's hidden intentions to become a Prime so it sorta came out as a double burn LOL!

5. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

The council already saw Megatron's intentions were unpure ("evil") and thats why he didnt become a Prime. You got your chicken and your egg reversed.

6. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

To clarify, the council could tell that what Megatron really wanted was to start a galaxy-spanning conquest to enslave all intelligent beings as slaves to the glorious Decepticon Empire. He was gonna do this Prime or no Prime.
    Ergo, "impure."

While the council saw that Optimus Prime was really in it for the betterment of Cybertron and it's people.

Which of these two folks would YOU like to see as Prime?

So the council chose Optimus as Prime, over Megatron, it's almost by accident that they chose an actual Chosen of Primus to lead. Megatron was angry and made up the excuse that Optimus was in cahoots with the Council (he was not) to split from Optimus there and then, citing "righteous anger" to spur his unwashed masses on to full-blown war.

Megatron never actually thought Orion betrayed him, I think. He's conniving, evil, and a liar. His only reason for coming to the council in the first place was to say "follow me or die in a fire."

TL;DR: He was always gonna break with Ops, the council making him Prime was his chance to do it while looking good for the cameras.

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Megatron and Orion went to the Council to talk about the plights of Cybertron, Megatronus discussed but the Council noticed he was an evil bastard trying to enslave the planet, then Orion gave a speech that touched everyone's hearts.

Orion became a Prime. Megatron, being a schizophrenic sociopathic murderer considered that a betrayal.

And so the War began...

8. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't help the fact that Alpha Trion suggested it to the Council when he set up the meeting. :D  *reread novel*

jD001

9. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    Megatron wanted to rule by force openly. Double- standarted "people" couldn't afford.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Makes me wish what would happen if Megatron just got the chance to be Priem back then?

Would life be better worse or same?

I my guess is worse but Cybertron is still intact,