Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Feb 2, 2009.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I seem to remember Michael Bay stating that Megatron was NOT going to be in the movie for the second time around. But I seem to see a Megs style foot in the trailer from his new tank mode. So I got to thinking, if Megs ISN'T supposed to be in ROTF then why do we see his tank mode foot in the trailer. Here's my explanation: Galvatron!! Technically speaking Bay said that MEGATRON wasn't coming back, so therefore it being Galvatron still makes Bay speak the truth. I am very interested in what the TFW2005 members think. Please express YOUR ideas on this topic!!!:) [​IMG]

2. MEGAMAN X FAN

MEGAMAN X FAN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's simple ,bays getting his kicks by putting fans in a tizzy

3. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

:thumbs2:  Galvatron would be nice. But i didn't see the Megatron foot your talking about. XD

4. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Look upward from Sam's knee. Also, it's the same mysterious foot that kicks Prime in the side of the head. I daresay, Prime might bite the dust by the end of this one.

5. NintenPhill

NintenPhill WOO! Japanese Imports FTW

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let megs have a decent return, not just he's back and looks different

6. UTF

News Credits:
    Because it looks like SS and Megs show up in the same area to torture Sam, I hope there's a chance we might get the "Megatron, is that you?" exchange. That or "I STILL FUNCTION!". Either of those is fine.

7. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Dude, those are Starscream's fingers.

8. UTF

News Credits:
    No they ain't

Attached Files:

9. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Oh, my bad

10. UTF

News Credits:
    To all the naysayers...

Attached Files:

11. Agonize

Agonize Decepticon

I got a warning from the Forum Admin in the Megatron discussion topic about him not coming back.

You know, I went outta line there so I should behave now. But I tend to say : "I told you so". He probaly wont be called Megatron now though, probaly Galvatron :) 

Maybe the Fallen ( who IS a spawn of Unicron ) names him like this?

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

To all the naysayers what? That you can't make a flow chart? You took like two concept images, and tried to match them with blurry ones.
    Your chart is pretty useless without clearer images.
    I can't see what you're trying to prove here.

13. Agonize

Agonize Decepticon

Starscream has "normal" fingers. If you take a close look at the concept art you'd see that Megatron has those small, scary looking fingers which are the SAME in the screenshot from the Teaser provided here.

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Then he probably should have mentioned that in his post. Those images are just waaay too blurry for me to make anything out.

15. Mooseakolopsatron

Mooseakolopsatron Well-Known Member

I completely agree that the hand and foot is Megatron's. I also have spent way too much time analyzing Prime's smash to the face and can at the very least say that I am certain he is being kicked by one of the same feet in the pin-down shot, regardless of who they belong to. Observe:

[​IMG]

In red, you can clearly see those rotors match EXACTLY. Especially if you go to the trailer and cycle through the frames in the pin-down scene, it's much easier to tell they're the same than just the still. But regardless, same dirty silver outline encircling the rusty brown interior, same 4 bolt pattern set in the same + shaped indentation with a large rivet in the middle.

In green, clear definition of Cybertronian glyphs. Too hard to tell if they're the same symbols, but it could easily be opposite feet, and they're still in the exact same position.

And in blue, some sort of small vent or something, also exactly the same in the same position. The smaller pic is just a highlight of that same spot in the big pic, but from a clearer frame.

Finally, look at the shape and outline of the metal plate which the vent and glyphs are on. They're the same shape, bent at the same angles, with the same indented outlines. It couldn't be more clear that Prime is getting kicked by one of those feet, and I think anyone who thinks they don't belong to Megatron is not looking close enough.

16. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Megs is back. I hope to heck he is not called Galvatron. That would be lame.

17. Mooseakolopsatron

My friend just pointed out that the rust in the small thumbnail picture with the blue highlight is exactly identical to the rust in the same area of the pictures from the pin-down scene, so I'd now even say it's the same left foot kicking Prime.

18. scooby

scooby Member

just watched the short trailer and in the scene where the hand comes down around sam it looked like there was a set of legs, behind sam, the same design as starscreams. If it is starscreams hand coming down around sam then could these legs belong to another character like thundercracker or skywarp.

19. Mooseakolopsatron

Starscream's feet:

[​IMG]

Foot behind Sam:

[​IMG]

Definitely not Starscream-style feet, and definitely very tank-tread Megatron looking.

20. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

Megatron's legs/feet. Not the same design as Starscreams... clearly Megatron's.