Megatron VS Starscream (Toyark style)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SydneyY, May 26, 2010.

?

Who is the greatest?

1. I don't collect either of them, but I think there are more Megatron toys

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. I don't collect either of them, but I think there are more Starscream toys

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. I collect Megatron, and I think there are more Megatron toys

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. I collect Megatron, but I think there are more Starscream toys

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. I collect Starscream, and I think there are more Starscream toys

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. I collect Starscream, but I think there are more Megatron toys

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No, this isn't a theoretical Megs VS Screamer WHO'D WIN??? thread.
    This is a comment from my very good friend on the boards, who is a big Megatron collector, and I wonder what you guys think.

Who has more toys produced in their likeness?
    Say, if you look at Animated, Megatron has 5 versions, while Starscream only has 2 (+1 if you include the newly released keychain). But if you look at Masterpiece, Starscream has 3 versions (4 if you count G1 coloured one from Hasbro and TakaraTomy separately) while Megatron only has 1.

I guess there will not be a definite answer, for example if you include Beast Wars Megatron, I am sure there are much more Megatron toys and figures than Starscream. Takara and Kabaya had quite a few BW merchandise (model kits and PVC figures) as well as the main line toys.

I've even made a poll...this is the second one I've made in 5 years here :D 
    There are also options to choose if you actually have a collection devoted either of them. If you collect both, I know it's difficult, but please pick one which you think has a priority :) 
    I personally came across more Starscream collectors than Megatron collectors.

So...who is the greatest Decepticon/Destron? Of course, collection pics welcome!

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I got More Screamers than Megs so they should be more Megatron toys.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

It's not even close in my collection. I have *eight Megatrons + one Galvatron to only two Starscreams. I have no idea how I only have two SS's, but I do.

*Edit: If I include the Megs hand gun that comes with MP Prime that brings me to seven :D .
    *Edit #2: I forgot that I bought a KO Transmetal 2 Dragon Megs a couple of months ago. So my total is eight.

So for me the winner is Megatron..
    [​IMG]

4. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Oops I didn't even think of Galvatron! I guess it depends on your collection theme though. I don't actively collect either of them (voted option #2, I didn't know your chosen option appears in italic), but I think I have more Starscream myself.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I buy my fair share of both, but I think I have more Starscreams. Megatron has gone through quite a few identity crises while Starscream has pretty much stuck to his jet karma. And jets are hella-fun!

6. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with the above poster. More screamers. I would love to start collecting megatrons. But IMHO there has NEVER been a good megatron toy. Nothing fits his image or does him justice. Especially the MP megs. The only exception I will say is ok would be animated leader megs or classics megs with some customizing and paint. But nothing is amazing like screamer toys.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I had a G1 scream (I'd like to know where is it now) and currently own an Animated Starscream (as well as a MP skywarp, dunno if it counts)

I like starscream more as a character, but I have more megatrons (BW, RiD, and Animated). I think Animated Megatron (leader) is the best interpretation of the character so far, it's really an amazing toy if you know how to display him. (I won't deny that his legs give a bad first impression, but it only takes a bit of creativity to mak him awesome again!)

8. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I don't actively collect either, but I'm more likely to own multiple Starscreams than Megatrons. Looking at my shelf:

Universe 2.0 Starscream + coronation kit
    Henkei Starscream
    Ghost Henkei Starscream
    TFTM Starscream
    ROTF Voyager SS
    MP Starscream
    RM SS (though I'm going to sell him)
    I used to have all 3 cyb SS, armada, energon x2, RiD, and Classics SS, but sold them off. Plan on getting ROTF Leaderscream as well.

As for Megs:
    Henkei
    MP
    (I count BW Megs and Galvatron as different)

9. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Count me in on this train. It's just a shame that back in the day he turned into a gun. It was cool at the time but really limits what the toys can do compared to jets and semi trucks. And by the way, what advice do you have for me on Animated Meg's Legs? Anything that makes him look even cooler is welcome!

Oh, and for the record: 6 Starscreams, 4 Primes, 3 Lonely Megatrons.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For my part, my collection started with a Starscream, my Classics collection started with another Starscream, and I've been lusting after Leader Starscream for weeks. Also, as a kid, I really wanted G2 Starscream but never found him.

I like Megatron as a character, but I've never been in love with his initial concept. He's a Targetmaster, basically...it's more amusing and intriguing than menacing. There have been lots of good reinterpretations of him, but nothing that to me feels absolutely definitive. Starscream, on the other hand, has always had the perfect alt mode...he's one of the best characters in all of Transformers, but most of his various facets can be spun off of the fact that he thinks dive-bombing grounded opponents is hilarious.

So yeah...I have three Starscreams, four if you count Animated Sunstorm who is a Starscream clone. And three Megatrons, one of whom is an accessory. Although it is four as well counting Galvatron.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    If we're going by name alone then Megatron has more toys, but if we're sticking to one single design theme Starscream would definitely have more.

And there's no poll option for me since I collect both characters ;) 

12. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

By the way, where's "collect both, but think..."

It's a real shame that outside the Robot Heroes (Heroes of Cybertron? They were a gift) there hasn't yet been a Meg and Starscream that can stand shoulder to shoulder in my collection. /scale rant.

13. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    You don't have an option for collecting both of them, otherwise I would have picked that. I think Megatron has more figures out there than Starscream. I have many more Megatrons than Starscreams even though I don't really majorly focus on either of them (it's more of what I come across first).

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I collect Megatron because he is my favorite character, however I have more Starscream toys. I really think there are just MORE of them to buy. Especially if you consider that the seekers are basically just repaints of him. I do like both though, Starscream is probably my 2nd favorite character.

15. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Regarding "I collect both" options...
    I know everyone doesn't read the first post, especially if it's a poll thread ;) 
    I am sorry for that though...I just didn't want to make too many options. If anything, I should have made the first 2 options as "but I have more Megatron/Starscream toys". Oh well, I'll try another poll in 2015.

16. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Thank you for the input everyone! So it seems there are more Megatron toys and his devoted collectors, but in general people have more Starscream toys?

17. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    Oops, sorry :lol  I guess I never did finish reading the whole post, my fault. I picked that I collect Megatron then since I have much more of him than Starscream (It could be an unconscious bias thing but idk).

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well i don't specifically collect one particular figure but counting repaints I have 7 Starscreams and or repaints and 6 Megatrons ( 2 of which are Galvatrons)

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I collect show figures but I don;t specifically collect Just megatrons or Just Starscreams.

I wasn't sure how you counted the figures. With regards to Animated you didn't include the clones in the count but with the MP's you did.

If you count clones I think Screamer wins hands down.

Without clones and not including the beast era it is going to be a very close race.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

20. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I know he's the leader, but I never was that into Megatron toy wise, I think the 2 versions of RH Megatron, Cybertron/BW pink and green trex megs are all I have.

On the other hand, I have all the RH seekers, (lets face it if you have a seeker mold you have Starscream) Classics Skywarp, Animated Starscream, Titanium Thundercracker, Legends Sunstorm.