megatron vs phase sixers

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by prime78, Jul 22, 2012.

1. prime78

prime78 Well-Known Member

Who thinks Megatron would have stood a chance one on one against any of them

2. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think Megatron would bring it. He's scrappy as hell not to mention he faired pretty well against Devestator, a rail gun, and whatever the hell the Dvoid was (I try to forget that ever happened.) I can't say 100% he'll win but I know Megs is no punk.

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Megatron's got too much plot armor for it to be a real fight.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron seems pretty confident that he can take Overlord, who was almost a "Phase Sixer."

However, Megatron is roughly even with Optimus (needed Ore-13 to "beat" him), [and MTMTE #7 spoiler, sorry!]
    Black Shadow managed to kill 3000 Autobots AND hold off Optimus at the same time.
    Which is about consistent with Optimus and his squad's extreme difficulty fighting Sixshot in Devastation.

My guess is that Megatron would have to get in close. If one of his planet-nukers has him in their sights they'd just, well, nuke him.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron smash!

6. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love that!

When did that happen?? Sounds like something I'd like to read.

7. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Sorry, it's part of the MTMTE preview. There was a big discussion going on in the News section about it. I'm actually terribly sorry about forgetting and giving out spoilers (if minor ones, from a flashback panel) for an issue that's not even out till Wednesday. :( 

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Damn. I hope it's not a big part of the story we've been spoilered here...

9. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Megatron now, with his Ore-13 body, would own just about anyone in a 1v1.

Before, IDK, in AHM he managed to not get crushed by devastator. A gladiator like Megs has many layers, and really part of his power base is being the boss. So if you're looking at it like Overlord or someone is going to take a run at him, Megs is likely going to know its coming cause he's got Soundwave and other loyal decepticons watching his back. Out thinking your opponent is as much a part of winning a fight as hitting them hard and fast.

10. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It really isn't. Fortunately I'm not THAT much of an asshole. Just one of those bits of background history Roberts loves to work in. Sorry again. :eek: 

11. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

I think any of them would be a serious threat, but Megatron would most likely win because hes a better fighter. Phase Sixers might have a lot of experience laying waste to crumbling civilizations and tearing apart waves of generic Autobots, but Megatron has killed one Prime and survived countless battles with another. He has spent millions of years fighting guys as powerful as he is.

If i recall correctly Simon Furman mentioned in a blog that while Six Shot is massively powerful, Optimus Prime would have won the fight had it gone on. So Six Shot wasnt out of his league, but he still wasnt quite enough. It seems like a similar situation with Megatron and Overlord. Megatron might be confident enough to threaten him but he was also concerned enough to have the Achilles Heel virus created to minimize the threat Overlord represented. That implies Overlord is capable of doing some serious, and potentially fatal damage.

There is also Shockwaves comment about Overlord not being the first phase sixer to bait Megatron. We dont know the circumstances involved but the context seemed to imply Megatron had won a decisive victory and Overlord should probably rethink the idea of challenging him.

Experience is the key I think. Phase sixers rarely fight anyone who can threaten them one on one, whereas Megatron has had countless fights with a physical equal and survived.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Forgive my noobish question, but what are Phase Sixers?

13. SuperboyPrime

SuperboyPrime Well-Known Member

In the early days of the IDW Generation 1 Series, the Decepticon were conquering with a very strict phase based plan. Here is what is written on the Wiki about the different phases:

Phase One presumably comprises the initial infiltration of a planet's society and gathering of intelligence.

Phase Two involves the agitation of pre-existing conflicts and igniting "international hotspots". Frequently this is accomplished with facsimiles—artificial duplicates of key members of the planet's native population, equipped to duplicate the original's actions, memories and personalities, but programmed to serve the Decepticons' interests. The goal is to get the natives to obliterate themselves, without the Decepticons' direct involvement.

On occasion, the Decepticons will encounter unusual resistance, and see fit to use a special protocol known as mirror response mode. Whether this modus operandi is tied specifically to Phase Two is not known.

Phase Three is not described. It presumably continues agitation of conflict, but may involve direct—albeit discreet—involvement of the Decepticons (such as dealing with people who suspect outside influences, etc.).

Phase Four is not described. The Decepticons have presumably dropped cover to some extent by this point, possibly attacking the most destabilized areas of the planet directly.

Phase Five is not described, but it appears that the Decepticon presence is now known at this point.

A special modus operandi known as Siege Mode is typically initiated during Phase Five. Military protection of assets appears to be the goal of Siege Mode, implying that the Autobots or the natives are now making efforts to stop the Decepticons through straightforward military force; a massive above-ground fortress (variously known as the siege armature or siege mode armature) is typically installed on the planet and used as a base of operations. Secrecy is no longer a concern.

Phase Six, by all accounts, is pretty much the end of the world. Phase Six involves the invasion of destabilized planets on the brink of collapse and the elimination of any possible resistance. Three Decepticons were specifically chosen for this task: Sixshot, Black Shadow and Overlord, though it is not uncommon for Sixshot to begin operations at Phase Five. All, or at least the vast majority of Decepticons employed in this phase have fail-safes installed in their systems, to prevent their firepower and tactical acumen from being used against Megatron himself.

So, in other words, Phase Sixers are powerful weapons of mass destruction, whose whole purpose is to eradicate the population of a planet when it's defenses were crippled by the previous phases.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the end of the day Megatron would win because he's Megatron. I mean he is the only character that makes you actualy think about in a hand to hand vs. Unicron match-up.

Sure, eventually you would realize Unicron would win for very obvious gigantic reasons, but the mere -fact- that you stopped a second to consider Megatron's chance instead of just saying Unicron right-away shows you who that guy is.

15. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Do you think we will get introduced to any other phase sixers? Who else could pass as one?