megatron vs nazi's

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathsheadII, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    was thinking about mp12 earlier and how they have not done a mp jazz or mp bumblebee ( not that i want a mp bee ) and how many people on here have stated that hastak will not give us the vw beetle or porsche due to its history with the nazi's and they do not want to be associated with them , if this is the case then is it not a bit hypocritical of hastak as megatron himself is based on the nazi's and still to this day the walther p38 ( mp05) is still being used and they still continue to pump out megatrons with the nazi helmet shaped head

what are your thoughts on this?

come across this blog a few mins ago as well
    Transformers, Megatron and Hitler | Conspirazzi

2. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Reformed Autobot

News Credits:
    It's not Hastak that doesn't want to do it, it's VW, is it not? They're the ones who - allegedly -don't want to be associated with 'war toys.' Dunno if it's ever been confirmed, though.

3. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    maybe i have read wrong on the threads then need to pay more attention , sort of makes this thread redundant lol

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Yeah, VW is the one who objects, not Has/Tak.

5. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    can mods lock or delete this please because i'm a doughnut :lol 

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you click on that little red triangle to the left (REPORT POST) you can get a mod to delete/lock this thread. those little icons serve a purpose.

7. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty sure Megatron isn't "based" on Nazis. He's a cartoon villian, they weren't going for high literary/historical references in G1.

Also that blog post has about 20 pages worth of errors in the first two paragraphs, but due to board rules I can't get into here. I just hope you don't accept what it says at face value.

8. deathsheadII

News Credits:

think your wrong there his design was , you just have to take a look at the shape of megatrons head to see that and he's a german walther p38 gun ( which was used by the germans in what war eh? )

and i didn't really read that whole blog just the refrences to megatrons design

and what was it his troops would say to him? "all hail megatron " wasn't it? same as all hail hitler

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The P-38 WAS a german service pistol during WW2, but also saw extensive use outside of the conflict (if anything, the Luger is considered the more iconic axis pistol from that era, even if it was less used). Megatron's toy, for example, is based off a variant of the pistol popularized in the cold war spy television show "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.". Megatron's helmet seems pretty generic, at least compared to actual equipment, and his backstory is pretty archetypical, synching up only in a very shallow sense to history. I think you're grasping at straws trying to make a solid connection between the two, at least compared to VW wanting to distance itself from a history that includes being founded by the Third Reich.

"All Hail Megatron" is more closely linked to "All Hail Caesar", btw, but "All Hail ____" is a pretty common turn of phrase.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  10. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want a straight to DVD movie called Megatron Vs Nazis.

11. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I believe somebody said 'Money talks bullshit walks' WRT to VW and their no war toys stance.

Some of you may have seen the VW Passat add with the kid dressed as Darth Vader.

Given what part of the inspiration for DV was, i'd say VW are happy enough to look the other way when it suits them, or alternatively, they don't know much about Star Wars.

For a long time though, there was a general anti-war toy stance in Germany. To the point that some early Action Force toys had their weapons removed, IIRC.

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, they also let Sideways be an Audi in ROTF, though they didn't let go of the merchandising rights (thus his toys were all not-quite-audis), but that doesn't really speak against a stance of "money talks", though the decision may have been more complicated.

13. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Closed at OPs request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.