Megatron voyager class movie spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SentinelPrime, Jun 25, 2009.

1. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Hi there! Saw ROTF last night, really had fun. So many complaints I'm reading about aren't even valid!

Anyway, I was totally surprised to find out that the Voyager Class movie Megatron actually has the screen-accurate alt mode! When I first saw it, it looked like a bad idea rushed to sell another figure, with the wings on the tamk etc., only to find that's the actual alt mode!

And I loved it! What a haul-ass low to the ground tank! Really fast, and then he can just take off whenever he needs.

I just frustrated now that I really want the Voyager Megatron, but the Leader Class Optimus is so much nicer than it's Voyager counterpart. God what I'd give for a leader class version of that Megs voyager!

2. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i totally agree man! i was always under the impression the Megs was supposed to be a triple changer in the movie so its just awesome to see that the Voyager toy is more accurate. i love the leader one but i dont understand why theyve made it strictly a tank with no wings whatsoever and in doing so have made "the" ROTF leader Megatron toy completely inaccurate. bad handling on hasbros part i guess? im not sure but im sorely tempted to pick up voyager megs now

3. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Those were my thoughts too :lol  I only want to stick to one mold per character for budget and space reasons, so it makes me even more torn. However, I've settled on the Voyager. I'll just have to put up with the Prime/Megs size difference, but I think the Voyager just looks more accurate and fun all around. I do wish they would have "combined" the two molds together. What one has, the other lacks.

4. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Both figures are accurate.

The tank changes it's appearance slightly when in "flying" mode. The turret and both front tread covers change when he goes into "flight-mode."

See here: http://www.tfg2.com/attachment/Mon_0906/53_71646_c5fd03b9d2540d3.jpg

The only downside is that neither the Voyager nor the Leader class figure can fully change into either 2nd vehicle mode. Voyager sports the flying mode, Leader has the tank mode. Pick your favorite of the two.

Funy thing is, if they wanted, they probably could have pulled off the 3rd vehicle mode on either toy (tank-mode for the flying Voyager, and flying-mode for the tank Leader).

And the reason the Voyager class figure is green is because it is the green algae on Megatron from being in the ocean. Kind of how the movie 1 Voyager class figure was covered in ice from being frozen.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm going to be getting the Voyager versions of both Prime and Megatron, and then waiting to get one of the inevitable repaints of the Leader Prime mold, and depending on the paint job it gets, possibly naming it as a different character.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I'll still get the Leader Class figure.

7. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. I already bgought the leader class though. Don't get me wrong I am happy with the leader class but the voyager is more accurate. The reason I like the leader class is because he is the same size as leader prime.

8. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Personally, I like the Leader Class Megatron's colour and body design. But the Voyager's colours are rather ugly.. SO I haven't bought any ROTF Megs yet. Heck, I don't even have one Megatron toy! So the first Megatron I'm gonna get has to be decent and satisfactory.

Oh. So that's why.. Still the colour's rather ugly.. =S

9. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just dont get why the did the gimp hand still when in the movie it really isnt gimpy.

10. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I have both. And I'm selling my leader class. The color is excellent, as is the blade, but hes a gimped figure, and I dont just mean the left claw. The right arm that is just one huge deathstick is a pain, and the head that doesnt move is a fail.

11. netkid

News Credits:
    If you guys really want movie accuracy, get the Robot Replicas. I know I eventually will.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    *spoilers* what I got from the movie was a bit different on the topic of voyager megatron. The leader did seem really close to how megatron appeared early on during the forest battle and when he interregated starscream on top of a skyscrapper and we got a excellent panning analysis of the design.

In the final battle I saw several drones that look like megatron get destroyed. They even have his head. But they clearly get destroyed. So they can't actually be megatron. So maybe the jettank we see fly away is'nt megatron at all. Its the cybertronian soldier alt mode and these are probably supposed to tie in with the con hatchlings we saw earlier anyway.

I know I'm iching to buy more of the voyager megatron for troop builder reasons. But I'd rather wait until they repaint it grey or silver.

I did'nt like the robot replicas version. The shoulders are to CG looking and fantasy monster like.
    Where as the voyager and leader have less organic mecha death plate aesthetics.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  13. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have both, but I like the voyager a lot better.

14. netkid

News Credits:
    When Megatron leaves the ocean, we see him use the tank's flying mode to travel into space and to the planet that the Fallen is living on.

15. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can anyone post a pic of ROTF Voyager megatron next to Voyager Prime?

16. newguy

newguy i

I saw him in the stores. I wondered if i should hold out on leader prime and get Voyager megs and Ironhide. I think I'll get prime first.

17. Grimwing

News Credits:
    I got that part. But I was referring to the egypt battle when one of the jettanks fly away. Is that Megatron? I'm seeing drones!

Appreciate that feedback though. I actually forgot he travels through space. So megatron does have a jet mode and a tank mode. The drones though, the drones!

18. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

well hasbro has 3 years to make a new figure. so they can make it more MA. also a new head after what prime did to it SPOILER ALERT! he stabbed it

19. netkid

News Credits:
    I saw it in IMAX and that's Megatron flying away in the Egypt battle. He's on the ground fighting to get to Prime's corpse and Sam. He at first appears to the Autobot's left, behind the stone pillars, getting hit by the tank battalion's artillery fire, and then moves toward them while going to the right when he finally blasts Sam who is running towards Optimus who is also on the right side of the Autobot defense barrier. He just takes a while moving around because he is constantly falling back behind cover trying to avoid getting hit, and waiting to spot Sam so he can chase after the boy.

20. Grimwing

News Credits:
    Wow. That's a confusing bit of action. Megatron really just does'nt stand out in this scene I guess if all he is doing is taking cover and fireing towards the barrier. Missed opprotunity to feel less like the fallen's subbordinate and more like megatron again.

I guess I'm not troop building this figure after all. But maybe for the third one megatron can scavenge the fallens parts into his body. Rise of Galvatron!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009