Megatron Transformation Scheme?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Greenmadman7, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Greenmadman7

Greenmadman7 Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure out how exactly the movie incarnation of Megatron transforms. To do this, I looked at the model sheet.

Yeeeeah. THAT worked well.

I looked at the toys. The real small black/white one seemed to have a different TF scheme than the larger grey one.

So -- Has anyone taken a good look at ol' buckethead?

2. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

The best I can figure out based on the toy and CGI images is that his arms become the two weapon-pod-things on the front of the jet, his head becomes that little cockpit-like thing on the top of the jet and his legs form the back part.

Other than that I'm as lost as you. Not that I mind, I like transformations that make me go "WTF" the first time I see them.

3. alec.zander

alec.zander Well-Known Member

Megatron Transformation scheme:

well, it looks like the wings fold up and back onto themselves. The dorsal surface of the plane is the dorsal surface of the robot. Wings end up folded across the shoulders. The toy has massive kibble under the wings which would make them aerodynamically useless. The under-wing kibble seems to become his legs - not sure if the nose of the jet is oriented towards the bot's head or not. The jet has three "nose pods": the two outer ones become the arms, and the central one probably folds down onto the tors0. There!

In the movie version, there's no underwing kibble (per the concept drawings). The leg mass probably comes out of the plane's fuselage.

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I try not to look at that Megatron, becasue all I see is genaric anime monster.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Misspelling AND not contributing to the thread. Nice.

Anyways: His wings become most of the back and part of the shoulders, the nosecone becomes his spine and probably some inner parts, his arms definately transform into those weapon pods, his head is on top of the jet ríght behind the start of the cone, his legs are formed by the thrusters and fusealage (spelling check) and finally the rearfins are on his butt, oddly enough.

6. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well Im actually suprised that they could do easy transforming with him. I mean we dont have down to the "T' but for certain looking at him, makes it a little hard to tell. And yea his shoulder blades are part of the shoulders and blades.

I do have somthing important that came to mind, I want to know where the mass of his gun came from??? I mean is their really that much kibble to make it??? < Bad question, but I really want to know how they can transform their arms into cannons and such.

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    My guess: The cannon is a midtransformation, the inbetween stage of the jetmode's weapon pods and the robot mode's arms. It's a bit like, say, not folding out Depth Charge's hands, instead leaving them as some kind of blasters. Only with Megatron, the parts come from his shoulder/torso (he has a bone-like thing connecting the upper arm to the torso).

8. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I see, that kind of explains where it comes from. But The same goes for OP and BB they have the same transformation, but When I looked at the TFTM the games screen shot a few days ago, I deffinantley saw enough parts on the arms of BB to say he could make one.

Well it will be interesting to find out how its done.

9. rollout!

rollout! Prime's Little Helper...

You don't suppose he turns inside out for his transformation?

I can't really see much of anything in his alt mode that goes into robot mode, and vice versa.

Or I need new glasses....

10. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    you need new glasses, its about the simplest most obvious transfomration ive ever seen!!!!

11. rollout!

Riiigggghhhhtttt...... so please explain, as I really can't see it!

12. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    man how can anyone be so blind. look. his legs are the jets. his arms are the errrr 'arms' of the plane. his head turns into the 'head' of the plane... not that a plane should have a head, but this one does apparently. the wings of the plane fold up into his back.

that isnt hard is it? be basically puts his arms up in the air and scrunches up his legs and he's transformed. minicon style.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you don't have to be so mean when explaining things.

14. alec.zander

alec.zander Well-Known Member

Try this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    cant help it, its like someone asking how g1 bumblebee transforms!!

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You really should try.

17. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey guys can we please calm down. And please let staff handle any issues.

18. rollout!

Look, I didn't mean in toy mode! Thats easy! Which is what the threads about, incidently.

I meant his CGI counterpart, which, even when allowing for certain design changes, I can't see turning into any sort of jet, as it bears no characteristics of anything (other than just about every anime monster going).

Unless you mean that the armour on the back of the exo-skeleton becomes the wings. If so:

a) is Mass shifting involved, which I thought had been chucked out in favour of 'realism'?

Or

b) where did the Decepticons learn Origami?

And FYI I have perfect 20:20 vision.

Oh, and thanks for the toy pics breakdown Alec.xander. Nice!

19. Human Torch 2

Human Torch 2 New Member

At first, I actually wondered wheteher the released pics were really Megatron. At least Prime looks like himself.

20. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

It's not Origami, it's a rubrix cube

The CGI design seems to be too foreign from the toy. The CGI Megs I cannot make heads or tales as to what he'll actually be or where the initial portions of his armor become a "plane" or "tank", which drew up the many threads of what he will or won't be

he looks B@d@ss either way, no denying it. Go up to that thing and tell him his toyline sucks. :lol