Megatron Took On 3 Giant Unicron Avatars By Himself!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by DarkRobin, Oct 14, 2011.

1. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

Well

This is obviously old news. But the scene where Megatron "kept Unicron busy" was spectacular. I hate to give such a praise to the main villain, but Megatron was awesome there.

It's almost as if Megatron alone is more powerful than Optimus and the three Autobots soldiers combined, as it took all four of them to fight the 3 giant Unicron manifestations with Optimus almost getting crushed.

On the other hand Megatron managed to took on the rock giants and even smashed one of them. To be fair, Megatron has one combat advantage the Autobot don't, flight capability, which also grants him the maneuverability to effectively fight the giants. Still, whatever the reason, it seems Megatron is the better fighter than the Autobots.

2. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Optimus practically kicked his ass in "One Shall Fall". Despite being shorter, Optimus almost killed him. If it wasn't for Megatron's sudden burst of strength due to Unicron's awakening, Prime would have destroyed him.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd say Prime and Bulkhead can fair against Megs pretty well. Prime was beating the shit out of him before he got powered up and Bulkhead was fighting pretty well against his powered up mode when saving Prime.

I think Megs just has the advantage of being able to fly around in alt mode with his main powerful weapon attached to it.

4. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Minor correction, Optimus and co. only fought one giant Unicron rock-beast. Two more showed up after Team Prime left.

5. DarkRobin

DarkRobin Well-Known Member

True.

I was glad that Optimus almost killed Megatron. But in seems now, maybe Megatron didn't do his best before the burst of strength. Optimus used his truck mode, if Megatron also used his jet mode, I wondered if the initial outcome of that fight would have been different. And it's hard to guess if it was pride or honor that kept Megatron in his robot mode, his desire to beat Optimus with his bare hands, or he was so arrogant that he believed he could defeat Optimus without the aerial advantage. Which makes you wonder if Optimus's near victory was really that close and real.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Shorter? That's hardly a problem. Optimus goes up to around Megatron's mouth, they're almost the same height

7. Eye of Unicron

Eye of Unicron Active Member

It's too bad this Megatron can't fly while in robot mode. Why not go for the G1 and War of Cybertron route?

Second correction: three more showed up. That first one was scrapped by Megatron in the head.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Possible third: It looked like the first rebuilt itself. If so then only two appeared.

9. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

Keep in mind Megatron is powered up on Dark Energon to various degrees all throughout this 3 part story arc.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

This Megatron is just awesome.

I think the fight started out pretty matched, then Optimus went on berserker mode, tides turned, but not that Megatron was going to die, that barehanded blade block he pulled is something that I think he could do even without Dark Energon, it's what came after that was due the Dark Energon stuff.

Besides:

- Megs fought with Optimus in Darkness Rising, and he handed Optimus his ass right back to him, if Megatron hadn't stopped to talk to SS mid-way through combat, Optimus would have died there [seriously, he was at Megs mercy].

- He almost killed Arcee with one shot of his gun.

- Megatron Effortlessly ripped Cliffjumper in two [even a dead Cliffjumper is pretty damn resistant].

- He also overpowered a drugged-up Ratchet [who, seconds before this combat, just kicked Breakdown's ass] within seconds.

This Megatron is definitely not to be messed with.

11. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I saw the fight, I seriously thought that for a lot of it, he was just playing "annoying fly" to them and getting good hits in that were effective because of his flight and the proximity that he got to them.

12. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was indeed a great fight. Megatron against 3 towering avatars. Very cool. The one thing I couldn't stop thinking about was how much more fluid and spectacular this fight looked as compared to the one in TFTM when all the cons and Dinobots were flying around Unicron. Like, they did in TFP what the animators were aiming for in TFTM. So cool. The only way it could have been cooler is if they had a whole squadron of flying 'cons swarming Unicron ala' TFTM.

13. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

But Megs could fly...so he easily managed to score some (Optimus Prime voice) HEADSHOTS!

14. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Megatron is of course a major badass, but he had the advantage of flight, so he was able to get to more effective areas, ie, the head. Optimus and the others had to shoot form the ground, and their 'shots' would've lost some power from the distance. As a jet, Megatron was much more maneuverable and could shoot their heads, as we saw.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't say that Megatron was stronger than Optimus, as the show has shown several times that they are equals. You have Optimus fighting a horde of of Unicron foot soldiers before getting assistance from his Autobot team—we shouldn't forget about Ratchets previous rant about Optimus not finishing off Megatron when he had the chance to do so before either.

Megatron saves Optimus from a weakened Unicron foot soldier—I say weakened, as the Autobots were in the process of battling it.

Soon after the Autobots bridged back to base to consider Megatron's offer, Megatron took on three foot soldiers of his own with relative easy. His ability to fly no doubt helped him dispatch them quickly as Unicron’s movements were pretty sluggish. I don't think it matters (or should matter) if it one was rebuilt or not, as technically, all of the foot soldiers were rebuilt at some point. We saw Optimus break a few only to seem a new one emerge from shattered pieces. Unicron was spawning them as fast as he could from fresh soil and soil already in use.

Foot soldiers aside, we saw Optimus fighting one another as equals in the previous episode, and the final battle with shows Megatron and Optimus fighting in step in one another as they both dispatched Dark Energon antibodies with unbelievable easy.

I wonder if Optimus could have drawn on the Matrix, the power of the Primes while fighting Megatron. If he could have, I would wager that could have defeated Megatron 2.0 with easy, which would have placed him stronger than Megatron.

16. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    this this this
    this is exactly why, he only had a better angle on unicron because he could fly. the autobots were grounded the entire time.

17. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Offtopic: do you think the inside-show reason for autobots prefer wheels over wings (despite the tactical disadvantage) , is because the whole "robot in disguise" ( easier for humans to ignore alone vehicles like motrocycles or cars than jets or helicopters)

18. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

And in adition to all of that, this Megatron is a bit insane.

19. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another addition, he beat the living scrap out of Starscream when he first came back online. Granted, he was pissed but really he probably would've been able to do that anyway. :lol 

jD001

20. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    isnt there a falcon punch pic of this?