Megatron, The Fallen or Sentinel Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Jul 27, 2011.

?

Best of the movie villains?

1. Megatron

48 vote(s)
    29.1%
  2. The Fallen

9 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. Sentinel Prime

108 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Sentinel HANDS DOWN

2. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I do disagree that megatron did not do much. He was critical throughout the trilogy. You go through each film you realise why he was critical

TF1 - he was the main villain, he overpowered optimus, some could say megatron was stronger than prime, has optimus was possibly weak in 1 but got stronger in 2 and 3. And megatron was at his most powerful best, the megatron in his prime, he killed jazz and could have killed optimus, and was that close to getting the cube

ROTF - he was resurrected, but with weaker body parts which made him look disjointed especially the way he fights, he was not has strong or has effective, when you seem him battle in TF1. But he still played a huge part, he hunts down sam, gets the info out of sam's head, lures optimus into a 3 on 1 ambush, kills prime along with Sam

DOTM - Megatron is broken and weaker, but we get the full picture of megatron's plan, which is basically sentinal doing a deal with the devil. But at the end of the film, it sums up why megatron has been so important to the trilogy, remember megatron's famous words to starscream when he returns in ROTF, (even in death there is no command but myn) in other words if megatron does not lead the decepticon's, he would rather bring the decepticon's down with him, which happens in the fight scene with sentinal and optimus. Sentinal was that close killing optimus, but megatron's ego and pride destroys all sentinal and the decepticon's plan by crushing sentinal, if megatron does not lead no one does.

And these reason's why megatron has been the greater villain.

3. The New Order

The New Order Well-Known Member

sentinel

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sentinel Prime. Best Bad Guy ever. :ev: 

Megatron was weak in the sequel and show have stayed dead or became Galvatron.

The Fallen, I'm glad Optimus now owns his face.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I picked Megatron. Sentinel was a great villain with many sides to him, But Megatron really seemed like a lost soul. I love how in DOTM he's subserviant, up until a human (of all creatures) reminds him how he was always out of the limelight, then poceeds to blast Sentinel with his hobo shotgun. The look on his face when Carly said that was total "Damn, you're right."

Plus Hugo Weaving as a robot villain? SEX ME NOW.

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm;

Megatron;
    TF1: Attacked Optimus, looked menacing and actually seemed to be beating optimus - downside he got killed by a kid
    TF(ROTF): What did he do again? Kill Optimus. Despite being more of a servant and rebuilt from spare parts he still killed Optimus and survived an attack from Jet-Prime
    TF(DOTM): He blew up the lincoln memorial, good plan with Sentinel - downside he got killed instantly, tormented by Carly of all people and was Sentinels chew toy.

The Fallen;
    TF: Not even mentioned
    TF(ROTF): Apparently founder of Decepticons - downside all talk and no play, he just died after destroying a few tanks and stuff
    TF(DOTM): As predicted, like almost everything else from ROTF he didnt even get a mention

Sentinel Prime;
    TF: Was on the moon
    TF(ROTF): Was on the moon
    TF(DOTM): Killed Ironhide, killed a few humans, sliced off Optimus`s arm - downside, killed easily by prime, not a villain (More of a war veteran trying to save his people, like Megatron in DOTM)

In my opinion best villain from the three films is probably Soundwave and his minions (Specificly Laserbeak);

Soundwave;
    TF: Not seen, but his partner Frenzy scared a lot of humans, almost killed Sam and even helped to awaken Megatron - downside, was defeated by humans... twice -_-
    TF(ROTF): Ravage pretty much helped resurrect Megatron causing the events of the film. And Ravages minion even killed a guy. Soundwave just looked amazing in space and he survived a film, unlike almost every other robot - downside, Soundwave stayed in space, Ravage was killed by Bumblebee
    TF(DOTM): Laserbeak was menacing and murdered several humans. Meanwhile Soundwave proceeded to capture and tentaclise Carly... :wink:  also managed to capture Bumblebee and other Autobots. Ordered the execution of Bumblebee and died fighting back (Unlike Megatron in this film) -downside, died too easily still and should have killed Bumblebee

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

WAIT, since when Sentinel Prime was killed easily by Optimus? Optimus spent half of the Chicago battle trying to win, and ended up on the ground, with one arm slice off and Sentinel's blade on his neck, Sentinel absoluely CURBSTOMPED Optimus.

8. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

this.

9. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to say Megs cause he was in all 3 but SP was a badass (and an ass too, I will never forget you Ironhide) so I'll have to go with SP.

10. Militant

Militant Police

They probably gave Sentinel the upper hand just so they could integrate Megatron in the scene. If they didn't need Megatron in the shot, I'm sure Optimus could have easily man-handled Sentinel. Their duel didn't really add up with what optimus is capable of.

11. Overlord Balder

That's like saying "they only made Optimus win against Megatron so the movie wouldn't end with the bad guys winning, so we can't really measure either's fighting skills by that".

12. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Gotta agree with OB here. Sentinel was a pretty fearsome fighter despite his old age. He didn't go down nearly as quickly and easily as the Fallen. I was actually scared for a moment when he had his blade at Optimus' neck! Although, one could hypothesise that Optimus' old attachment to his mentor may have hampered his ability to fight him, hence how Sentinel may have got the upperhand on him.

13. Militant

Militant Police

Well people were complaining that Optimus was far too weak in the first movie, so in ROTF they made him a complete badass. Im more than sure that the film makers shift around certain plot points to please the general audience, or to make the story more coherent.

The fact that ~ 9 autobots and a few NEST soldiers beat over 200 Decepticons is proof enough; the good guys just have to win.

14. Overlord Balder

Only against motherfucking Megatron, in a city, filled with civilians he was trying to NOT kill along the fight.

He killed Bonecrusher effortlessly, the guy was clearly not a pansy on TF2007 either.

Maybe, maybe not, but if Sentinel curbstomped Optimus [regardless of the reasons the filmakers had to do such], I'll consider him a BAMF until proof of the contrary.

200 Protoforms, the Mooks of the Decepticon army.
    And we should never forget that there were countless casualties [All the NEST forces that tried to enter in Chicago, WheeljaQ, Wheelie and Brains...].

It's not like they won with a flick of their wrist either, at one point of the battle, they were about to be executioned by the enemy, that's certainly not winning a battle.

15. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Sentinel was by far the most competent as a villain, not to mention his motives were actually clear and explained.

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going with megatron

17. Militant

Militant Police

And I will consider TF1 Megatron a lot stronger than Optimus, as the movie didn't imply that Optimus was truly holding back

There win was still a little far fetched don't you think? The decepticons had countless alien space ships that shot anything in their path, the Driller, SHOCKWAVE, and again they were greatly out numbered. Not to mention the cons had a major air advantage. Whereas JetPrime was the only one who could fly out of the autobots, Until he got stuck in cables.

18. AMG

AMG Old School

Megatron is my favorite, his appearance in the first film was especially awesome. But Sentinel Prime was handled the best overall.

19. Overlord Balder

The movie didn't imply, but given his protection towards human, I wouldn't be surprised.

Of course it was far-fetched, that's TF for you, heroes tend to win against overwhelming odds at all times, but I don't think it's that uncommonly far-fetched, it's on the common level of far-fetchedness [yes, I just said "far-fetchedness"].

But the whole Battle Of Chicago was more of a Pyrrhic victory than anything else: they won but mid-way through they lost a shitload of human lives, destroyed half of Cybertron, three Autobots died along the way and Optimus lost his freaking arm.

20. Militant

Militant Police

Thats my point. Considering this, its not that much of a stretch to say that the Optimus-Sentinel fight was rigged so that Megatron could have his time to shine.

No argument there